CDZ Would you rather be asymptomatic with Covid or sick with the flu?

This thread is extremely destructive to the common good of America. It's suggesting that Covid-19 which is killing hundreds of thousand which could become millions, can be somehow compared to the flu.
That's very, very wrongheaded thinking that could be said to be 'trolling' the entire country. If not CRIMINAL behaviour!!

In my honest opinion, it makes a mockery of the concept of CLEAN debate! It should be either moved or closed.

Thank you for sharing.

I'll take Covid. How about you?

Here is a tidbit for you. The Flu has been drastically cut down. It seems it is easier to stop using the PPP methods than Covid is. But AI can tell you this, if a youngster (you) catches covid once it may not be so bad. But catch it again and it is even worse. At some point, it's going to kill you. People my age can weather the Flu (but we take flu shots to prevent it) and probably live through it. But Covid will probably kill me. As you get older, Covid gets worse. The Flu stays about the same. But the Flu isn't doing so good lately as there are enough people wearing masks and distancing to put a huge crimp in it spreading.

Not to worry, when a handle is gotten on Covid, the Flu will be waiting in the wings.

The flu does not stay about the same, the Spanish flu killed millions. The Hong Kong flu strain was also very deadly.

As you get older, the flu usually worsens. You are more likely to die from the flu when you are older than younger. I’m not minimizing Covid, but your assumptions are pure stupid.

Here is a tidbit for you. The Flu has been drastically cut down. It seems it is easier to stop using the PPP methods than Covid is. But AI can tell you this, if a youngster (you) catches covid once it may not be so bad. But catch it again and it is even worse. At some point, it's going to kill you. People my age can weather the Flu (but we take flu shots to prevent it) and probably live through it. But Covid will probably kill me. As you get older, Covid gets worse. The Flu stays about the same. But the Flu isn't doing so good lately as there are enough people wearing masks and distancing to put a huge crimp in it spreading.

Not to worry, when a handle is gotten on Covid, the Flu will be waiting in the wings.

The flu does not stay about the same, the Spanish flu killed millions. The Hong Kong flu strain was also very deadly.

As you get older, the flu usually worsens. You are more likely to die from the flu when you are older than younger. I’m not minimizing Covid, but your assumptions are pure stupid.

Nope, I hit it right on the head. You are just arguing to argue.

Nothing to argue about, I corrected your moronic claims. The Spanish flu took millions of lives, the Hong Kong flu took millions of lives. As you get older the risk of dying from the flu goes up, it is all statistically verified, again not as deadly as Covid but it is still deadly. If you didn’t think so you wouldn’t get a flu shot every year when you get older.

You produce facts to the contrary, from a verified source and prove me wrong or I stand on what I stated. Thank you.

Last edited:
The flu numbers seem to be way down, Maybe because of half or more of the population are taking precautions against the virus.

The flu numbers seem to be way down, Maybe because of half or more of the population are taking precautions against the virus.

That or people with the flu might be misdiagnosed with having Covid. I hate how loose we are playing with numbers, it's tough to get facts when the numbers aren't real.

Playing down Corona virus is a dangerous thing to do and could cost more lives of people who minimize it's effects
Should this be allowed to be happening? In my opinion this forum shouldn't be allowing it and especially on its CDZ section which is it's flagship for rational discussion..

Bearing in mind that there's a big difference of opinions on the seriousness of Covid.
Beyond that, the number of deaths to Covid in America can't be ignored.

Nothing to argue about, I corrected your moronic claims. The Spanish flu took millions of lives, the Hong Kong flu took millions of lives. As you get older the risk of dying from the flu goes up, it is all statistically verified, again not as deadly as Covid but it is still deadly. If you didn’t think so you wouldn’t get a flu shot every year when you get older.

You produce facts to the contrary, from a verified source and prove me wrong or I stand on what I stated. Thank you.

It's time to clean up the gene pool.

The flu has been changed to Covid....pneumonia has been changed to Covid.

right now, the flu is rare. The same preventions for the Flu are almost 100% effective against it. So you are just blowing wind up my skirts on that one. Not to worry, when Covid ends, the Flu will return.

One of the things that Covid does is make a pre existing condition worse. With the exception of pneumonia. There is a good chance that pneumonia will set in due to covid. Hence the resperators which is exactly what you would have to do for severe pneumonia cases for exactly the same reasons. Talking with you makes me feel like an ugly male Marylin Monroe standing over a steam grate.
There is a 99% chance in people under 65 that Covid will do nothing to anything. Talking with you makes me sad that liberals are afraid of their own shadows.

Except that it's actually true, to some point. Before getting Covid19, I used to suffer from SVT, and backpains due to a traffic accident. The virus made my SVT attacks more frequent and the muscle-pains worsened by much. even if it's only 1%, you don't want to fall into that minority, and you don't know if you will.
Anyone with a preexisting health issue is susceptible to harm from the virus. You are one of those, the 1%, and need to take extra precautions. The rest of us are not you.

Yes, except that SVT is not life risking, and besides, I said that not hinting that I should be compared to anyone else, but simply saying that pre-Covid19 issues, however small they are, can bring you down in certain cases once you get infected. Most people suffer from certain health issues. Obesity and high-blood pressure are some of the higher risks. America is still filled with obese people. You never came across diabetic people, asthmatic people? you'll lock them all up? yeah, they can and should be careful, but it's not like you can put them in a little box and say "let them deal with it as long as I'm free". Doesn't work like that.
Any infectious disease can be like threatening, as many can lead to pneumonia, the true cause of death for most all these Covid deaths. Shutting down the entire country for this virus was a ridiculous mistake, affecting millions more people than this leftyvirus ever will.

It's time to clean up the gene pool.

Thanks for proving you lied. Now go clean your pool.

This "misinformation" is backed by factual statistics.......yours isn't

You might be right. I think we're finished now because this isn't leading to anything productive or useful. Have a nice day!
Well especially how you told me how well you Canadians were handling the virus with your higher than the US mortality rate.
We Canadians don't have a higher mortality rate than yours my friend. Per capita adjusted it's about a third of yours.
Please don't tell lies and may try to get in the Christmas spirit. It's what baby jesus would want of you!

Can we be friends and get back on topic now?
Yes you do....in total deaths to total cases you are 2.6% to our 1.7%, and you are higher than the global average. In deaths per million the US is higher, 11th to Canada's 49th on the list....however that's because Canada does not test effectively, being 52nd on the global list to the US 20th. If you don't test you don't get any deaths.

This thread is extremely destructive to the common good of America. It's suggesting that Covid-19 which is killing hundreds of thousand which could become millions, can be somehow compared to the flu.
That's very, very wrongheaded thinking that could be said to be 'trolling' the entire country. If not CRIMINAL behaviour!!

In my honest opinion, it makes a mockery of the concept of CLEAN debate! It should be either moved or closed.
Its already had plenty of time to kill "millions" and hasn't gotten anywhere close. The mortality rate and critical case rate continue to decline, but you only know that if your country actually conducts tests, which Canada does not.

The PCR test that was used to detect coronavirus was set at a 40-cycle threshold of amplification/replication as per the FDA's recommendation. However, even infectious disease "expert" Tony himself is on record stating that an amplification/replication cycle above 35 is going to spit out almost all false-positives; others say anything above 30 cycles is meaningless. There was even a New York Tmes article stating that the PCR test has spit out 90% false-positives. It takes almost zero critical thinking skills to draw the obvious conclusion. Ninety percent false positives means no pandemic.

So, why did the FDA recommend a cycle-threshold of 40? That's a rhetorical question; they obviously wanted to create the illusion of a pandemic. Also, why didn't Tony bother to speak up concerning what can only be described as a deliberate and gross misapplication of a test? We'll never know because, thanks to a complicit media, Mr. Fauci is not required to publicly answer even one challenge to his dire predictions which are based on 90% false positive returns from a PCR test that was knowingly set too high.

Unfortunately, unless some talking head comes on tv and tells people it's okay to apply their own critical thinking skills to those factual numbers, they won't do it. They think they need permission to make the obvious inference and then respond to the falsehood they've been fed. And the real kicker is that the only ones they'll accept permission from are the same ones who neglected to inform them of the reason for all the false positives in the first place.

I'm 60 and have Covid right now. Never really got too sick, the sinus pressure and headaches was the worst part for me. I still have a little congestion. Never ran any fever but did get chills. I had about 3 sick sick days, still have fatigue and get winded easily. Im probably not contagious as its been 10 days since I 1st had symptoms. Will quarantine until Monday which will be 2 solid weeks so I should be good to go by then. My wife has it also, pretty much the same story as me. I'm glad I got it and its over. I didnt take many precautions as I didnt think it was that bad and still don't. Definitely not worth financially ruining all of these people. We've done more damage that this virus ever will and the way the world has damaged itself you can bet our enemies are working on the next one.

My wife, my adult son and I all just recovered from COVID. I was not asymptomatic as I experienced the COVID cough, congestion, serious fatigue, fever and even lost taste for a while. Which happened very suddenly . I would describe it as somewhere between a bad cold and a light bronchitis. Had it just been me I would see this virus as very similar to the flu. However my wife and son got really sick.They have awful coughs, her fever hit 103 despite taking tylenol and his cough was pretty much constant . Extreme nausea and fatigue beyond anything I have even seen from the seasonal flu. She was hostiialized on IV anti-biotics, anti-virals and steroids with COVID pneumonia and took several days to recover after discharge. My son had very similar syptoms including the COVID pneumonia and he was treated in the ER released at his own choice, sent home on 5 scripts including 2 anti-biotics and steroids and took another week to really get better. She lost 15 lbs and he dropped 20.
From our experience, even though I have had aflu pneumonia before , the way 2/3 of us were hit I have to say this is considerably worse.

4100 deaths yesterday. A new record for America.
This will be Biden's fault after the 20th. I guess?

Forum List

Back