Would you put up an 'eff-you' statue?

Would you put up an 'eff-you' statue aimed at your ex's home?

• Yes

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Not sure/don't know

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
If you were in this guy's situation, and had the money to do so.

Alan Markovitz middle finger statue: Strip club owner moves into house next to ex-wife and builds 12-foot bronze sculpture - Mirror Online

But he says the middle finger salute isn't aimed at her, but at her new partner - with whom she started an affair while she and Markovitz were still married.

Markovitz told a local newspaper "I'm so over her. This is about him. This is about him not being a man."

I wouldn't.

But
That's
Fucking
AWESOME!!

Eventually we have to let go of the hatred for those who have hurt us. If not - we will carry them on our backs for the rest of our lives ~

You're right. For many years I carried a grudge against a couple of people who hurt me deeply, and found out later that the best revenge is to live happily and well.

Considering the cost of bronze, as well as considering the cost of an artist willing to cast something like that, he could have bought a Harley and spent a couple of months with the wind in his face, blowing all his problems away.

Got news for you all.................a good bicycle and a long trip, or a good Harley and a long trip (with no real destination in sight, just wanting to pull up tent stakes and get out of where I'm at for a while) does wonders.

The last 10 years I was in the military? Spent part of it on a bicycle and spent part of it on a Harley. Best parts of my life have been spent on 2 wheels going towards a destination I'd not thought of yet.

If I had a problem? Jump on the scooter or the bike, spend around 5 hours riding towards a direction I'd flipped a coin for, and would come home happy, healthy, and looking forward to what tomorrow would bring.

Putting up a statue to flip off the ex would only bring more heartache, because every time you saw it, you'd be thinking of the reason you raised it in the first place.

Taking a ride because you're upset? Well, not only would you think of the reason you went riding, but you'd also be thinking about the lessons you'd learned while taking the trip, and those would be the things that taught you the most.

On a bicycle, it takes me around 50-100 miles to get rid of the anger that started it, because for the first 20 miles or so, I'm trying to work off the anger. On a motorcycle, it takes around 100 to 150 miles, because by then I'm sniffing the air, looking at the scenery, and it makes me forget what made me start.

Sorry...........................but the statue is a fail.

If you were in this guy's situation, and had the money to do so.

Alan Markovitz middle finger statue: Strip club owner moves into house next to ex-wife and builds 12-foot bronze sculpture - Mirror Online

But he says the middle finger salute isn't aimed at her, but at her new partner - with whom she started an affair while she and Markovitz were still married.

Markovitz told a local newspaper "I'm so over her. This is about him. This is about him not being a man."

Good on him.

Forum List

Back