Would You Let A Robot Lawyer Defend You In Court?

Depends on the reason of me being in court.

If it were dependent on my life, no.

A.I. is fine, but it's not capable of the massive amounts of emotional data the human brain has, that can lead to new ideas of winning a case.

A computer only knows what it's programmed to know. It doesn't have the capacity to know what emotional circumstances or state of mind can lead to new thoughts, new ideas, and law changing tactics to get a positive outcome.

An AI with instantaneous access to the entire body of law and no fear is a powerful argument for AI defense lawyers. That same sort of analytical power would make prosecutions less biased and rigged than our current system but only if it is built that way.

There's no way I would. I don't trust technology that much.

At $36 Buck a year, and only providing advice through an ear bud while listening over the cellphone, it might be ok on tickets. I used to use a program called "It's Legal". I used it to create wills and powers of attorney and other legal filings for myself and my parents. The will turned out ok, though was not challenged. One of the power of attorney was rejected by the bank, I had done business with for several years, on a stock sale, thing for my parents. The main bank I used now, saw the numbers and the notarized document, my ID and didn't bat an eye. Been with them ever since.

I am just not sure what to think about this.
I wonder who hires a 'robot lawyer'?
How are they paid?

What is the difference between a 'robot lawyer'' and a human lawyer?
.answer: the 'robot lawyer' never had a soul to sell.

Apologies to Saul Goodman.

Forum List

Back