Would you forgive

I would have to pick my jaw off the ground, because it would certainly drop. My wife is so in to me, that she would never stray. I'm very lucky to have a bride like that. Likewise, I would never stray from her. Wouldn't want to jeopardize the best thing in my life.

your spouse if you caught them cheating on you?

Or would you never be able to trust them again?

Just to throw a little more gas on the fire - are "religious" people more or less likely to forgive a cheating spouse?

I would guess less. I think the hurt would be deeper. There was supposedly a deeper level of commitment, and a higher standard of what they expect.

Without more detail this is a hard question to answer. What I consider cheating might not be the same as what you think it is. If it met my qualifications then I would leave that person, but I would probably also forgive them. That prolly doesn't make much sense, does it?

Since I already have a bit of a trust issue when it comes to men, I would probably lock the door behind me and throw the key away... with a lot of crying and sniffling and a heart broken into a million pieces. It has never happened to me, but my heart has been once broken and the pain... is excruciating. The man that I'll marry I will trust with my entire heart and soul. So, if that ever happens, it will not be pretty. However, I might be so in love with him, that I might decide to try to put it past us - if he begs and eats off the floor for a couple of months and treats me like his goddamn Empress... yeah, I might. But the trust... oh, he'd have SO much work to do. But I can see it accomplished - in time. He must be fucking worth it though... but having me marry him he already has a pretty good seal of quality, so I guess I would have to give him a chance to live up to it... Am I rambling? :)

Last edited:
I would have to pick my jaw off the ground, because it would certainly drop. My wife is so in to me, that she would never stray. I'm very lucky to have a bride like that. Likewise, I would never stray from her. Wouldn't want to jeopardize the best thing in my life.

May you both never wake up from your mutual dream, Meister.

Trust, much like time, once lost is never found.

Forum List

Back