Would You Compete In Sh#t?

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Sun, Sand And Palm Trees
The most highly trained athletes in the world are being expected to compete in human waste. They are having to do that because the world is expected to tolerate filth.

Standards are set for reasons and expecting athletes to compete in human waste is to much tolerance. Its time to take politics OUT of sports and re-invoke standards of quality. When your most highly trained athletes are expected to compete in water that contains drug resistant pathogens you are tolerating to much.

Fury

I bet the water made that doll's hair fall out.

Brazil was a really poor choice.

I would not go near the water.

And I would bring mosquito netting for my bed at night and lots of DEET with me.

For me it would be to compete in archery and in sword fencing.

The most highly trained athletes in the world are being expected to compete in human waste. They are having to do that because the world is expected to tolerate filth.

Standards are set for reasons and expecting athletes to compete in human waste is to much tolerance. Its time to take politics OUT of sports and re-invoke standards of quality. When your most highly trained athletes are expected to compete in water that contains drug resistant pathogens you are tolerating to much.

Fury

Governments are known to make many horrible decisions that affect their own people ---- for their own personal gain.

Or in the case of many Islamic despots --- for their own warped ideologies.

Awarding Rio the olympics was insane. No one will be flying there to attend the events and risk everything. Brazil will fall all the more into debt.

They just discovered a second terrorist cell planning an attack. How many more are there? The water, Zika virus, extreme poverty, what a disaster in the making. I think the smart athletes are pulling out.

They just discovered a second terrorist cell planning an attack. How many more are there? The water, Zika virus, extreme poverty, what a disaster in the making. I think the smart athletes are pulling out.
I read some where cops there are begging for gas money to run their cars. Its one huge mess waiting to happen.

Fury

It should have been Chicago but the Olympic committee did not feel they wanted to spend more money on bullet proof vests or create a new Olympic event call dodge the bullet...

I do agree the Standards should be higher and the health risk to the Athlete's of the world is too high in Brazil. Not only the dangerous water conditions but you have the violent cartels that run the street gangs and the corrupt government that could allow anything to happen.

Brazil was a bad choice and they should have just picked the South Sudan if they want to test our Athlete's immune system and ability to dodge bullets and gangs...

For 2 weeks, it will be a showcase.

On the Saturday before they extinguish the Olympic Flame, you may see Bob Costas or Tom Brokaw give a commentary about the future of the games and how it has almost become costs prohibitive to hold them in nations that are not willing to make a long term social, economic, and yes even governmental commitment to having a wide range of athletics in its culture. Here in the US, we have to have seasons for the many sports that occupy the public space and the public imaginations. While not all of these sports are Olympic sports, their venues are transferrable to those that are so nations like the US are “built” (by accident in some cases) to hold the games.

What needs to take place today (not in 2034 or whenever) is a shifting of sports from the Summer to the Winter games. Hockey takes off for 2 weeks during the winter games so its athletes may compete. The NBA could do the same thing, You could easily transfer boxing and/or Gymnastics and/or Takewando and/or shooting to the winter games. This would balance the costs between the hosts cities.

Brazil was already reeling financially from it’s befuddled hosting of the last FIFA World Cup. They built stadiums that now lay in ruin all over the nation. Projects that were to serve the greater good were cancelled once the pitch was cleared. Sadly, the same thing will happen when the last gold medal is awarded in the upcoming weeks.

You want a tip on the next nation to have a serious Civil War? I’m betting Brazil.

The summer Olympics should be moved back to Athens, permanently. End the politicking, have the world pitch in for good facilities.

Athens or Crete would be nice... Hell even do it in Rome would be fine...

For 2 weeks, it will be a showcase.

On the Saturday before they extinguish the Olympic Flame, you may see Bob Costas or Tom Brokaw give a commentary about the future of the games and how it has almost become costs prohibitive to hold them in nations that are not willing to make a long term social, economic, and yes even governmental commitment to having a wide range of athletics in its culture. Here in the US, we have to have seasons for the many sports that occupy the public space and the public imaginations. While not all of these sports are Olympic sports, their venues are transferrable to those that are so nations like the US are “built” (by accident in some cases) to hold the games.

What needs to take place today (not in 2034 or whenever) is a shifting of sports from the Summer to the Winter games. Hockey takes off for 2 weeks during the winter games so its athletes may compete. The NBA could do the same thing, You could easily transfer boxing and/or Gymnastics and/or Takewando and/or shooting to the winter games. This would balance the costs between the hosts cities.

Brazil was already reeling financially from it’s befuddled hosting of the last FIFA World Cup. They built stadiums that now lay in ruin all over the nation. Projects that were to serve the greater good were cancelled once the pitch was cleared. Sadly, the same thing will happen when the last gold medal is awarded in the upcoming weeks.

You want a tip on the next nation to have a serious Civil War? I’m betting Brazil.

I have to agree with candycorn... ( Hell has frozen over )

Forum List

Back