Would you be a target if you flew Old Glory?

Whoops nope didn't read any of my links.

Forbidding the shirts is wrong. But I'd bet a million dollars that those students weren't wearing American flag t-shirts to NOT demean hispanic students at the school :cool:

And if that's the reason they're doing it, then that makes them assholes.

How can a student wearing an American flag shirt demean Hispanic students in America?

Suppose the day after amnesty was passed every Mexican student came to school wearing Mexican flag gear to rub it in the faces of anyone who was against amnesty. Then they would be the assholes.

This is the United States of America. You should be aware since you to like the cool Eagle logo. What would you do if foreign students stuck their gear in your face while they were burning Old Glory in the street? Cheer them on?

I fly the Stars and Stripes every day but I have heard that some Americans mainly in certain inner cities and suburban areas would be targets for harassment if they dared to fly the US Flag other than on Independence Day aka the 4th of July.

I am not into Idolatry!

I fly the Stars and Stripes every day but I have heard that some Americans mainly in certain inner cities and suburban areas would be targets for harassment if they dared to fly the US Flag other than on Independence Day aka the 4th of July.

I am not into Idolatry!

Isn't that special? Thanks for making sure everyone here knows that you're oh-so-much-more-moral than any of them - according to you.

So, do you just feel proud of not flying our nation's flag - or do you use it as a cleaning rag?

I am not into Idolatry!

Isn't that special? Thanks for making sure everyone here knows that you're oh-so-much-more-moral than any of them - according to you.

So, do you just feel proud of not flying our nation's flag - or do you use it as a cleaning rag?

I worship God, not a piece of cloth. To each his own way, I guess.

I am not into Idolatry!

I worship God, not a piece of cloth. To each his own way, I guess.

But of course! You just have to make sure everyone else gets to hear how you're oh-so-much-more-moral before condescending to 'guess' that others are allowed to feel differently from your own oh-so-moral exalted self : ))

This is a discussion board that all of us are free to speak on, and we all have our rights to express our opinions. Thank God we still live in a world where Zionists like you cannot force their views and Idolatry on the rest of us. Sherri

Suppose the day after amnesty was passed every Mexican student came to school wearing Mexican flag gear to rub it in the faces of anyone who was against amnesty. Then they would be the assholes.

That doesn't even make sense. They want to be Americans otherwise they would not accept amnesty.

But this is a good thread since it shows the typical Republican hatred of Latinos.

This is a discussion board that all of us are free to speak on, and we all have our rights to express our opinions. Thank God we still live in a world where Zionists like you cannot force their views and Idolatry on the rest of us. Sherri

Oh, but if it were allowed for your oh-so-much-more-moral ilk to make the rules for all of us, then the nation - for it's the US and not 'the world' which preserves that freedom! - would be magically better. LMAO!

It's IRONIC that some here would spit on the US flag in a heartbeat - while cherishing their freedom to do so. Yes, that's exactly what so many military people have 'bet their lives' to protect: other people's rights to disagree, disrespect and even despise their fellow citizens who don't share their views!

It's part of what makes this nation so great : )) I'm hoping more will choose to focus on that part of the picture.

Refusing to bow down and worship a piece of cloth is not spitting on a flag. I am not spitting on flags, what a waste of emotion and my time that would be, as well as being a pointless act. Among other things, that would require me to go buy a flag and be a part of all this flag Idolatry! No thanks, not interested. Sherri

I am all for freedom, freedom for each of us to choose whether to buy a flag or display it on a flag or on our clothes. At the same time, I recognize there are sometimes rules to maintain peace and law and order. I think about voting and rules about what you wear as you wait in a line to vote. And there are school rules, dress codes, some schools require uniforms. We may be offended by some of these rules but I think we all can see that sometimes clothing we wear has contributed to violence, I am not speaking of us each personally. But we have all read stories where this has happened. What I personally have recently been confronted with is attempts by people around me to tie patriotism with religion. I am increasingly purposefully staying away from events that do this, whether it is a baseball game or a Church Service on a National Holiday. Sherri

Oh, I understand: some people think that 'patriotism' is a dirty thing, a nasty hateful thing to divide and abuse others. And some people think that about religion as well - or at least 'other people's religion', which of course is a false faith, theirs being the one and only True TRUTH.

I am extremely reluctant to let others' abuse of either patriotism or religion drive me away from my own expression: that's curtailing my freedom.

Because respect is not worship: there's a lot of room between the two. And if the rest of us stay away, then the fascists will take over with no resistance.

Even though Sinclair Lewis didn't say this explicitly (in "It Can't Happen Here"): “When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and waving a cross.”

I am still trying to understand why a traveling evangelist from Texas at a Christian Church in the South tells the church congregation around Easter a story of how his grandfathers military unit was ordered to destroy a Church in WWII and they did. Killing a church congregation in a Church filled with worshipping men and women and children. One 4 year old child lived and his grandfather took her from the scene in his tank. I could have stayed to exercise my right to worship, but I felt like throwing up, so I got up and left. Why did he tell that story? I expect its a story he cant cope with, a story that haunts him. Sherri

I am all for freedom, freedom for each of us to choose whether to buy a flag or display it on a flag or on our clothes. At the same time, I recognize there are sometimes rules to maintain peace and law and order. I think about voting and rules about what you wear as you wait in a line to vote. And there are school rules, dress codes, some schools require uniforms. We may be offended by some of these rules but I think we all can see that sometimes clothing we wear has contributed to violence, I am not speaking of us each personally. But we have all read stories where this has happened. What I personally have recently been confronted with is attempts by people around me to tie patriotism with religion. I am increasingly purposefully staying away from events that do this, whether it is a baseball game or a Church Service on a National Holiday. Sherri

One can be patriotic and not be religious.
In this country we have the freedom to be either, both or none.

:doubt:You heard?

Harassment from whom?

What a load of malarkey.

That doesn't even make sense. They want to be Americans otherwise they would not accept amnesty.

But this is a good thread since it shows the typical Republican hatred of Latinos.

If you think that latinos want to be Americans that might well be part of your disability.

We fly the flag every day...some the current, some the 7th cavalry of Custer, some the different numbers of stars, historic flags.
But....our neighborhood is largely patriotic.

An interesting note: not long after 9/11, we were in Sunset Park, probably 99% immigrant- largely Hispanic, and asian....and just about every house had an American flag flying.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back