Would you accept an IQ test as part of amnesty for illegals?

This is a great idea as it would avoid the charge of racism unless liberals want to say that hispos and blacks are born mentally inferior. Require all applicants to take an IQ test (in english of course) and get a score above say 120 , a good but not super-high score.

Obozo has an obligation to make sure immigrants are intelligent capable people and not just idiots looking for handouts.

If we're not going to make politicians pass it what fucking difference will it make? :dunno:

[
I've been involved with the OP in a few threads in my short time here, and the baked potato I had with my steak for supper more than likely had a higher IQ than him.

HAHA. The board notes that you evaded the issue and have been reduced to childish namecalling. HAHA

HAHAHA you think there's an "issue" just because you put out a call for immigration eugenics HAHAHAHA and then you think you speak for the board HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lmao: and that guy didn't call you a name in the first place, HAHA what country should we deport you to then?

l133.gif

[
HAHAHA you think there's an "issue" just because you put out a call for immigration eugenics HAHAHAHA and then you think you speak for the board HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lmao: and that guy didn't call you a name in the first place, HAHA what country should we deport you to then?

Eugenics??? So now saying there should be standards for letting in foreigners amounts to eugenics?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Studies have shown that a person with Superior IQ, 120 to 140 is a little more likely to be successful in school and on the job than a person with an average IQ.

Actually, studies show that the gifted often have significant challenges trying to be successful in many things, because of the fact that most other people cannot understand them, and may even be resentful of them, and it creates alot of difficulties interacting with other people.
I agree. I have two children both are gifted. One has been a success at everything from school, sports, music, and his job. The other has been a failure at also everything simply because he has no desire to work at doing anything. He doesn't have the drive to make it on his own and he can't get along with employers or coworkers. I agree with Edison when he said, "Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration."

I see no reason to justify why the USA government would give USA taxpayer dollars to non-contributors and think there is any reason or justification for doing so. This is called theft. Do not mistake it with a valid national interest.

This is a great idea as it would avoid the charge of racism unless liberals want to say that hispos and blacks are born mentally inferior. Require all applicants to take an IQ test (in english of course) and get a score above say 120 , a good but not super-high score.

Obozo has an obligation to make sure immigrants are intelligent capable people and not just idiots looking for handouts.

I would agree with that, no new immigrants unless they are smart and will do some good for our country.

WHAT ABOUT FOR VP CANDIDATES AND GOVERNORS?

Sarah-Palin-stupid-37016809547.jpg

I would agree with that, no new immigrants unless they are smart and will do some good for our country.

arf arf. Trouble is obozo doesn't look at it that way at all. He thinks america has an obligation to share our wealth with the "less fortunate". He thinks it's just dumb luck that america is prosperous and mexico is a sewer.

I agree. I have two children both are gifted. One has been a success at everything from school, sports, music, and his job. The other has been a failure at also everything simply because he has no desire to work at doing anything. He doesn't have the drive to make it on his own and he can't get along with employers or coworkers. I agree with Edison when he said, "Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration."

Just off of that little bit alone, it reminds me of myself when I was a kid and makes me wonder if he is, as they say, "exceptionally" gifted. There's another saying that I tend to keep mind about being gifted: "Curse of the blessed." Alot of people simply don't understand the difficulties that go along with giftedness, alot of them starting in early childhood. We have difficulty learning good work and study habits because things come so easily to us, but we are too young to actually understand that, so we assume we're working as hard as anyone else. On top of it, things like schoolwork, practice, etc, can often be outright torturous for us, like watching paint dry, because they don't stimulate us very well. And we are highly inclined to question authority because we learn early on that authority figures are more likely than ourselves to actually be wrong. It doesn't help the fact that many adults don't know how to react well to such gifted children, and will often tell little white lies that we easily see through, but may also know we can't do much about. Meanwhile, an IQ above 140 is practically a guarantee of not having very many opportunities to build solid social skills, because we tend to perceive things around us differently and tend to be motivated differently than our peers. They don't understand us, and we don't understand them. That tends to exacerbate the already mounting difficulties that will give us real challenges in adulthood.

Illegal is illegal. Who cares how smart the criminals are? They broke the law, send their criminal asses back where they came from...to the end of the line.

would agree with that, no new immigrants unless they are smart and will do some good for our country.

The problem with this is that a great many people can do good for our country. They don't have to have any noteworthy degree of intelligence. Our immigration policy needs to be more focused on things like weeding out violent criminals, our economy's ability to employ immigrants without displacing American workers, and minimizing remittances to other countries.

What is gifted? Every sibling I have has 140 IQ or over. We are quite the mixed bag, including one in prison (too smart for his own good?)
While I don't view myself as "different" or "gifted", I have been able to do whatever I have set myself to do. I am a skilled mechanic and a dairy farmer. I make or do whatever I train myself to do. On the other hand, I worked once with a "gifted" man. He spoke five languages fluently, wrote textbooks for West Point and had a Doctorates in European Military History. He couldn't tie his own shoes or cook a meal. The guy was brilliant by most standards. Go figure. I think a lot of our definition is biased by what is seen as exemplary because many have not achieved such goals.

would agree with that, no new immigrants unless they are smart and will do some good for our country.

The problem with this is that a great many people can do good for our country. They don't have to have any noteworthy degree of intelligence. Our immigration policy needs to be more focused on things like weeding out violent criminals, our economy's ability to employ immigrants without displacing American workers, and minimizing remittances to other countries.

That's what I tried to tell the Speedershooter way back -- you can make some attempt at quantifying "intelligence" with a number, but that's irrelevant. You can't use an IQ to measure what's in a person's heart.

Then the real problem is how do we get rid of the idiots like you who are already here?:tongue::redface::eusa_drool:

We can start by chipping in for you to get a one way ticket to any other nation in the world you want to got to. I'd donate and I'm sure many others would also.

Then the real problem is how do we get rid of the idiots like you who are already here?:tongue::redface::eusa_drool:

We can start by chipping in for you to get a one way ticket to any other nation in the world you want to got to. I'd donate and I'm sure many others would also.

Why donations? Why don't you just fly him there like you do with Lois Lane?

What is gifted? Every sibling I have has 140 IQ or over. We are quite the mixed bag, including one in prison (too smart for his own good?)
While I don't view myself as "different" or "gifted", I have been able to do whatever I have set myself to do. I am a skilled mechanic and a dairy farmer. I make or do whatever I train myself to do. On the other hand, I worked once with a "gifted" man. He spoke five languages fluently, wrote textbooks for West Point and had a Doctorates in European Military History. He couldn't tie his own shoes or cook a meal. The guy was brilliant by most standards. Go figure. I think a lot of our definition is biased by what is seen as exemplary because many have not achieved such goals.

You just showed how dumb you are. A doctorate in European Military History is a sign of stupidity. If your friend had gotten a mere bachelors in Physics that would be ten times as impressive.

[

That's what I tried to tell the Speedershooter way back -- you can make some attempt at quantifying "intelligence" with a number, but that's irrelevant. You can't use an IQ to measure what's in a person's heart.

Heart?? Who cares about that.? I want smart immigrants who won't go on welfare.

[

Heart?? Who cares about that.? I want smart immigrants who won't go on welfare.

I do. It's the measure of a person's human value.

Now if you're hung up on parlor-game numbers assigning cute "IQ" numbers, then you're easily amused by superficial shiny objects. Which means you're missing the whole point.

Heart means motivation. There's no reason your IQ poster child coming in with an IQ of 155 won't use that intelligence to become a Bernie Madoff. Think about it.

Forum List

Back