Would the Keystone Pipeline be a great economic asset to the United States? Hardly.

OIL is what this damn country runs on...Obama GAVE our monies to GREEN companies...and they failed, went bankrupt and took our money with them..So WHO did this ENRICH?..IF they were so GREAT why isn't it in MORE DEMAND? you have one warped view.

How many iterations of the lightbulb do you suppose there were before Edison got it right?
How many times did the internal combustion engine "fail" before one worked?
How many Airplanes were tested before one actually flew?

You guys and your old tech..sheesh.

Were it up to you guys..there would be absolutely no progress..ever.
How was the government involved in the development of the light bulb, the IC engine, and airplanes?

You're kidding right?

The funny thing about this topic is that liberals make the argument that we should spend on infrastructure, because that will create jobs and get the economy going. Yet, when that infrastructure is a pipeline - and a pipeline IS infrastructure - then the jobs are only temporary and won't have much of an affect.

Which one is it?

The other funny thing about this topic is that the only infrastructure spending conservatives seem remotely interested in..is that which would enrich the oil industry.

I don't know of any conservatives who oppose infrastructure spending. What I know of is conservatives opposing infrastructure spending by the government. And I think many, if not most conservatives would support infrastructure spending if they didn't think it would be a waste.

:lol:

Which is why there are so many baseball and football stadiums across the land. Not one of them a waste. And all privately funded.

/sarcasm

How many iterations of the lightbulb do you suppose there were before Edison got it right?

How was the government involved in the development of the light bulb, the IC engine, and airplanes?

You're kidding right?
No. Answer the question.

Most of the government involvement in this seems to be approval. Imagine Edison NOT getting approval for the lightbulb.

This thread is so full of fail. Based on the logic many have promoted in here NO small business would ever start up because if they don't employ more than a few thousand its not worth it.

You aren't reading the article. These 3000 some jobs would only be temporary, and gas prices would increase. The environmentalists win this argument.

Hey dumbass.......all jobs are temporary. I've been at my company now for 15 years, but I know it won't last forever based on the other 3 jobs I've had in the same industry that lasted from 5 to 6 years each. Even if your numbers were correct of 2500 to 4650 (which isn't correct by a long shot), that is 2500 to 4650 more than 0. Get the picture? For a president who constantly whines for his Democrat controlled Congress to pass his jobs bill, he doesn't really seem all that interested in actually doing anything to put people to work.

My god you're an idiot. These jobs would end once the pipeline is complete. That is what makes them temporary.

Okay, so if those numbers are off, what are the true numbers? And how did you come to that conclusion?

Let's see here, you say that the XL pipeline jobs will be temporary. I point out that ALL jobs are temporary. You come back and call me an idiot and say that the jobs will be temporary. Did you find any polyps when you had your head up your ass?

Last edited:
Upfront? Not sure.

But over the long term..the government is impacted by infrastructure wear and tear, providing security..and other costs that generally don't become apparent until the project is underway.

Think Alaska pipeline. And the boomtowns.

Care to provide a link to show the financial disaster that you're predicting? As I understand it, the State of Alaska is reaping a pretty big windfall even now from the oil business.

Can you demonstrate the costs in excess of revenue to the State of Alaska based on the oil business?

Please be sure to explain why there is no State income tax up there and why there is a state rebate of the oil revenue to the citizenry.

What?

Boomtowns aren't enough for you to check on? There was high crime..and many problems that came along with that.

Add in the Exxon Valdez..was an indirect result of the pipeline.

And right now..they are in the process of decommissioning them. But are trying like the dickens to make sure they don't have to pay to dismantle what will eventually need to be discarded.

And that fact there was "no income tax" is a travesty. Alaska is one of the biggest gimme states in the Union.

I missed the link.

No. I mean that private airlines fought tooth and nail not to implement a new security bill introduced by Al Gore.

And I mean the costs incurred by four airplanes..hijacked in the SAME FUCKING DAY..that got used by hijackers..which were OWNED BY PRIVATE AIRLINES..WHO FUCKING FAILED TO STOP THEM IN ONE OF THE MOST HAIRBRAINED SCHEMES IN HISTORY.

Got it?

Gore introduced a security bill in 2001? By what authority? to whom?

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d03344.pdf

By the same "authority" George HW Bush ran a plethora of spook operations under Reagan.

Oh..guess that's okay. :lol:

Running a "spook operation" at the command of the CIC is different than introducing a bill for consideration in the House or the Senate. The Veep is not a MOC, he's a part of the EXEC Branch.

Only a MOC can introduce a bill.

Last edited:
The funny thing about this topic is that liberals make the argument that we should spend on infrastructure, because that will create jobs and get the economy going. Yet, when that infrastructure is a pipeline - and a pipeline IS infrastructure - then the jobs are only temporary and won't have much of an affect.

Which one is it?

The other funny thing about this topic is that the only infrastructure spending conservatives seem remotely interested in..is that which would enrich the oil industry.

OIL is what this damn country runs on...Obama GAVE our monies to GREEN companies...and they failed, went bankrupt and took our money with them..So WHO did this ENRICH?..IF they were so GREAT why isn't it in MORE DEMAND? you have one warped view.

Only one?

Last edited:

How much government money was given to any of these industries to support them and to pay back the campaign contributions?

When the silicon valley start ups were starting up, how much venture capital came from private sectors and how much came from the government?

Moral of the story? If it's not a scam, there are investors lining up to get in on the action.

Cornell did the report based on technical assistance from The Goodman Group.

The Goodman Group Home

They are based out of Berkley, CA.

Does this sound like a scientific analysis of the issue?

None of this alters the fact that, even if Perryman’s total job figures (119,000) were
correct, and all the workers expected to be hired in the next phase of the project were
hired tomorrow (so roughly 40,000 for three years), the US unemployment would remain
where it is today—at 9.1 per cent.68 The US economy needs to create more than 90,000
jobs per month just to keep up with the growing labor force.69 It needs to generate 8
million jobs in order the get the US unemployment down to where it was at the onset
of the recession.70 And while it is true that construction and manufacturing have been
hit hard by the 2008 recession, these are areas of the economy that have reduced
unemployment substantially over the past 12 months. In August 2011 the unemployment
level for construction workers was 13.5%, down from 17.0% a year ago. Manufacturing
unemployment had also fallen to 8.9%, slightly below the 9.1% average for the workforce
as a whole.71 In an economy that has lost millions of jobs since the onset of the recession in
2008, KXL jobs amount to a tiny drop in a very deep bucket.

Okay, okay, okay.... I think I have it now.

If the Big 0 spends a Trillion dollars of tax payer money propping up the jobs of folks who don't deserve to have a job, then that is job creation even though the net gain is actually a loss of of about 3 million jobs.

However, if a company that will get not one dime of tax money and will in fact pay taxes and will in fact actually create something between 5000 and 20,000 jobs, that is a net loss of jobs?

WOW!

The explanation of the failure of this jack ass is getting more and more clear. Liberals think that failing is succeeding and succeeding is illegal.

They sue Boeing for Creating jobs. They shut down Gibson for Creating jobs. They block the building of the pipeline because it will create jobs.

It's a mystery why there are fewer jobs now than when the Big 0 entered office.

Where the hell are you getting these numbers from? Did you even read my OP?

Yes, i did. I found it to be biased to the point of being fanciful. I sought another viewpoint and found one in the Minneapolis Star and Tribune. It presents various sides of the argument and various conclusions on the number of jobs produced and how those numbers are supported by the groups that assert their accuracy.

Reading sources that try to present an accurate picture instead of a biased and ridiculous cartoon is something that helps one understand the world more completely.

You should try it sometime.

Fact checker: Keystone pipeline jobs claims | StarTribune.com

:lol: Perhaps you should try reading the source you are going to post before you try to argue that mine is bogus.

Speaking of bogus, what makes it a "cartoon"? Why should I believe it is cartoonish if you can't even explain why?

It's a one sided, agenda driven hit piece with the sole intention of creating a particular conclusion in the mind of the reader.

If you can't see this, you are less intelligent than the average housewife shopping for detergent.

You're kidding right?

I'm at a loss myself. Enlighten us.

Most of the government involvement in this seems to be approval. Imagine Edison NOT getting approval for the lightbulb.
I get the feeling the Obama Administration would not have approved it.

No need to have a feeling. The Obama Administration did nt approve it and is actively working against it.

If the Big 0 was President when Edison was alive, we would never have heard of him.

Cornell did the report based on technical assistance from The Goodman Group.

The Goodman Group Home

They are based out of Berkley, CA.

Does this sound like a scientific analysis of the issue?

None of this alters the fact that, even if Perryman’s total job figures (119,000) were
correct, and all the workers expected to be hired in the next phase of the project were
hired tomorrow (so roughly 40,000 for three years), the US unemployment would remain
where it is today—at 9.1 per cent.68 The US economy needs to create more than 90,000
jobs per month just to keep up with the growing labor force.69 It needs to generate 8
million jobs in order the get the US unemployment down to where it was at the onset
of the recession.70 And while it is true that construction and manufacturing have been
hit hard by the 2008 recession, these are areas of the economy that have reduced
unemployment substantially over the past 12 months. In August 2011 the unemployment
level for construction workers was 13.5%, down from 17.0% a year ago. Manufacturing
unemployment had also fallen to 8.9%, slightly below the 9.1% average for the workforce
as a whole.71 In an economy that has lost millions of jobs since the onset of the recession in
2008, KXL jobs amount to a tiny drop in a very deep bucket.

Okay, okay, okay.... I think I have it now.

If the Big 0 spends a Trillion dollars of tax payer money propping up the jobs of folks who don't deserve to have a job, then that is job creation even though the net gain is actually a loss of of about 3 million jobs.

However, if a company that will get not one dime of tax money and will in fact pay taxes and will in fact actually create something between 5000 and 20,000 jobs, that is a net loss of jobs?

WOW!

The explanation of the failure of this jack ass is getting more and more clear. Liberals think that failing is succeeding and succeeding is illegal.

They sue Boeing for Creating jobs. They shut down Gibson for Creating jobs. They block the building of the pipeline because it will create jobs.

It's a mystery why there are fewer jobs now than when the Big 0 entered office.
War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery.

Ignorance is Strength.

And leftists are very strong.

I get the feeling the Obama Administration would not have approved it.

No need to have a feeling. The Obama Administration did nt approve it and is actively working against it.

If the Big 0 was President when Edison was alive, we would never have heard of him.
Yup. And Obama would have give large sums of taxpayer money to a Dem donor developing a light bulb with a filament made of gunpowder.

Forum List

Back