Would Jesus condemn or condone the OWS movement?

Would Jesus condemn or condone the OWS movement?

• Total voters
I don't think he would do either to be honest. He wasn't interested in the temporal world.

Jesus was very interested in the temporal world.

That's the only reason for being concerned about the poor.

"Render unto Caeser"..... look it up someday and then get back to us.

Except that's a single statement-and we're talking about Jesus' message more broadly.

"Render under Caesar" is one of those attempted traps a poster was speaking of earlier. His response was an evasion of that trap. Not an exhortation for his followers.

OWS is criticizing corrupt power, and saying that the rich need to be more aware of the rest of the world.

Sound familiar?

"Render unto Caeser"..... look it up someday and then get back to us.

Except that's a single statement-and we're talking about Jesus' message more broadly.

"Render under Caesar" is one of those attempted traps a poster was speaking of earlier. His response was an evasion of that trap. Not an exhortation for his followers.

OWS is criticizing corrupt power, and saying that the rich need to be more aware of the rest of the world.

Sound familiar?

Jesus cared very little about the temporal world. He was an essene one of the most devout of the Jewish sects. Look it up sometime. Read some history, get a education, more importantly get a clue. You are a long way out of your depth and it shows.

Jesus was concerned for all of humanity, which is why he offered himself as a living sacrifice. He also was against sin, which is what put him on the cross. Sin is what separates humans from God and Jesus takes sin seriously. Thankfully we have the opportunity to repent of our sins and Jesus is willing to forgive us of our sins.

Your thread is about OWS. OWS is about economic justice, a topic that Jesus addressed during his ministry.

Why do you think he addressed 'economic justice', as you called it, in his preaching? What was the purpose?

Is thou shall not lay in their own piss and shit a commandment? .......
Out of curiosity, how often do you think Jesus showered?

I would say never. He probably bathed quite regularly but I can almost gurantee you the only showers he got were when he got stuck in the rain!:lol:
I'm not so sure....in those times bathing was to achieve ritual purity. How many sins or blots on his character did Jesus have to wash away?

Out of curiosity, how often do you think Jesus showered?

I would say never. He probably bathed quite regularly but I can almost gurantee you the only showers he got were when he got stuck in the rain!:lol:
I'm not so sure....in those times bathing was to achieve ritual purity. How many sins or blots on his character did Jesus have to wash away?

Oh, none I'm sure, but he was a carpenter and he would get ripe pretty damned quick!

Oh, none I'm sure, but he was a carpenter and he would get ripe pretty damned quick!
Yes, but I'm pretty sure that working up an honest sweat wasn't one of the reasons people bathed in those times. Ritual purification covers a lot of things, but sweat isn't one of them.

A man who does not work, does not eat. Jesus may say that hunger is a great motivator to work.

Thou shall not steal. Demanding that wealthy people give up their money, or have it taken from them is stealing.

Your body is a temple, keep it clean. Jesus would more than likely be shocked at the living conditions people have their children in at these Pee Party gatherings.

Jesus would stand against any unjust laws.

Jesus would not tolerate the violence they have committed, he would cast out the rapist or have them stoned, the disrespect for all authority would not be tolerated, the demand to be let out of loan contracts would not be tolerated.

I could go on, but I'm not that good on religion.

Well, I'm pretty sure that Jesus wouldn't condone pepper-spraying/batoning non-violent, non-resistant persons. I don't think he'd take sides on the OWS thing (did eat with the tax-collectors, afterall), but he would encourage PEACE on ALL SIDES.

Jesus was concerned for all of humanity, which is why he offered himself as a living sacrifice. He also was against sin, which is what put him on the cross. Sin is what separates humans from God and Jesus takes sin seriously. Thankfully we have the opportunity to repent of our sins and Jesus is willing to forgive us of our sins.

Your thread is about OWS. OWS is about economic justice, a topic that Jesus addressed during his ministry.

Why do you think he addressed 'economic justice', as you called it, in his preaching? What was the purpose?

Clearly He advocated for using the government to take from one group of people and give to another group. You know, one that just so happens to support the current politicians.

Sure there is not a single verse of scripture advocating the above. I know Christ preached about individual duties and responsibilities and about how we should dedicate our lives to God. And even how there are more important things than giving money to the poor.

But clearly the left has to be telling the truth here. I mean we all know how much they read and love the Bible. I am sure they regularly apply it in their lives.

Yes, but I'm pretty sure that working up an honest sweat wasn't one of the reasons people bathed in those times. Ritual purification covers a lot of things, but sweat isn't one of them.

I beg to differ. They were primitive yes but uncivilised no. Just like you or I find the BO of today unpleasant so too did they. The Romans had extensive baths purely for their pleasure, as did the ancient Myceneans. Bathing has been a human pleasure for as long as he or she has been able to arrange it.

I beg to differ. They were primitive yes but uncivilised no. Just like you or I find the BO of today unpleasant so too did they. The Romans had extensive baths purely for their pleasure, as did the ancient Myceneans. Bathing has been a human pleasure for as long as he or she has been able to arrange it.
I doubt the Romans allowed the Jews to use their bath houses.

Weren't the Jews in those times rather poor? How would they afford to bathe other than when they wished to enter a temple....even then I imagine it was tough to do.

The French are not uncivilized but they don't smell too good. :lol:

Weren't the Jews in those times rather poor? How would they afford to bathe other than when they wished to enter a temple....even then I imagine it was tough to do.

The Jews of that time were actually fairly wealthy. Jerusalem sat astride a major trade route so was strategically and economically powerful. The Romans would probably not have allowed Jews to share their baths that is true, however the Jews had enough money to build their own!

My wife is French and she smells great so you better watch it lady!:lol:

The Jews of that time were actually fairly wealthy. Jerusalem sat astride a major trade route so was strategically and economically powerful. The Romans would probably not have allowed Jews to share their baths that is true, however the Jews had enough money to build their own!

My wife is French and she smells great so you better watch it lady!:lol:
:eek:

Jesus wasn't wealthy. In fact, I do believe he was poor.

I guess we'll never really know the answer.

I'd like to see the looks on the faces of the OWS protesters if they saw a cohort of legionaries bearing down upon them. Though I'm guessing that Jesus would've had the sense to get the fuck outta Dodge by then.

I'd like to see the looks on the faces of the OWS protesters if they saw a cohort of legionaries bearing down upon them. Though I'm guessing that Jesus would've had the sense to get the fuck outta Dodge by then.

What the hell is this crap?

You don't vote in the poll, you don't discuss the topic at hand, instead you post this nonsense for your debut into a thread already 57 posts deep?

What is wrong with you? :dunno:

If I was otherwise inclined, I'd be tempted to attach one of those crying baby emoticons you like to rile-up Liability with. I didn't intend to hurt your feelings.

Anyway, seeing as Jesus supposedly threw-out the money lenders from the temple, I'm guessing he'd side with the protesters' moral objections to Wall St's trade in reckless usury.

Forum List

Back