Would Jesus condemn or condone the OWS movement?

Would Jesus condemn or condone the OWS movement?

• Total voters
Jesus would say render unto Caesar the things that are Caesars and render unto God the things that are God.

• Banned
I haven't voted yet because I'm still on the fence.

In all likelihood he would condemn some aspects and condone others so it's not an easy call. Overall I'm currently leaning towards less condemnation and more condoning, but I'm open to contrary arguments.

In all likelihood he would condemn some aspects and condone others so it's not an easy call. Overall I'm currently leaning towards less condemnation and more condoning, but I'm open to contrary arguments.

What aspects would he condemn? I mean the gist of the message, NOT some of the unsanitary, unsavory or criminal acts that may have gone on but weren't the point of the protest.

Do you mean would he break the law continuously to blame people who aren't even responsible for the thing he is whining about? Doubt it.

Jesus would say render unto Caesar the things that are Caesars and render unto God the things that are God.

He actually did say that.

And it doesn't answer the question.

"My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But now (or 'as it is') my kingdom is not from the world" (John 18:36);

Christ's religious teachings were separate from earthly political activity.

Church and state have separate spheres of influence.

• Banned

What aspects would he condemn? I mean the gist of the message, NOT some of the unsanitary, unsavory or criminal acts that may have gone on but weren't the point of the protest.

I was referring specifically to those unsavory, etcetera acts.

He actually did say that.

And it doesn't answer the question.

"My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But now (or 'as it is') my kingdom is not from the world" (John 18:36);

Christ's religious teachings were separate from earthly political activity.

Church and state have separate spheres of influence.

So you're on the fence too, just like me. That's cool. It means I done good. :thup:

Is thou shall not lay in their own piss and shit a commandment? .......

Within the context of the myth..the mythical Jesus would probably be leading OWS..and preaching non-violent protest.

I'm not sure I agree with your argument, but it's not unreasonable.

Well..

Cleansing of the Temple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
9 Jesus Quotes About The Poor

“I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” Matthew 19:23-24
Eye of a needle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The original class warrior. :lol:

He would side w/ the Wall St banksters :)

I changed my mind ;)

813.png

Forum List

Back