World's largest solar plant now online

How about data directly from the grid.[?]

No thanks.

See how the parrot keeps going back to a press release.

See how this immature young lady keeps substituting insults for content?

I didn't bring up Ivanpah - this isn't my thread. I'd never heard about it till I read of it here. And, as I have said before, it is producing electricity with a tiny fraction of the GHG emissions than a similarly sized fossil fuel plant would do. That a brand new plant using several new technologies has issues getting started (issues of which I still see no evidence) should be (really, it should be) no surprise to anyone. And even if the thing melted to the desert floor, the function of the place has NO BEARING on the validity of AGW and whether or not we should be trying to reduce our GHG emissions.

Why don't you all get busy trying to falsify the fundamental arguments of AGW or to even make some attempt to show why you believe they aren't falsifiable.

And, if you'd like a hint: it's because you're simply wrong.

No thanks.

See how the parrot keeps going back to a press release.

See how this immature young lady keeps substituting insults for content?

I didn't bring up Ivanpah - this isn't my thread. I'd never heard about it till I read of it here. And, as I have said before, it is producing electricity with a tiny fraction of the GHG emissions than a similarly sized fossil fuel plant would do. That a brand new plant using several new technologies has issues getting started (issues of which I still see no evidence) should be (really, it should be) no surprise to anyone. And even if the thing melted to the desert floor, the function of the place has NO BEARING on the validity of AGW and whether or not we should be trying to reduce our GHG emissions.

Why don't you all get busy trying to falsify the fundamental arguments of AGW or to even make some attempt to show why you believe they aren't falsifiable.

And, if you'd like a hint: it's because you're simply wrong.

First and foremost, A-bra-HAM began the insults when abraham was called to the mat, by me. AbraHAM even googled and linked to wiki to see if I was a woman or a man, pretty idiotic.

AbraHAM, you had a free choice to join this discussion, and did, I do not understand why you're crying and whimpering. You can leave the discussion at anytime with your tail between your legs.

AbraHAM, you never heard of Ivanpah until you read it hear yet you claim its working?

AbraHAM openly rejects data from the "GRID". I guess I should explain to the imbecille. The Grid is a basically a wire that connects to the Solar/Natural Gas Plant (big shiny mirror thing), if Ivanpah was producing energy you could actually feel it AbraHAM on the Grid, with an Instrument (electrical tool thingy).

AbraHAM, the big people measure the energy and report it as data.

No thanks.

What da matter little man, AbraHAM likes to dish out insults but can not take a nice dose of AbraHAM's own medicine?

Poor AbraHAM has to cry and point out that he is getting hurt to all the users on usmessageboard.

Maybe I start a sympathy thread for AbraHAM, make you feel better.

Last edited:
When I can talk to someone who knows where their own nick comes from, I might feel a little more responsibility for that sort of thing. I didn't bring up Ivanpah. I have no obligation to support this pointless thread. Ivanpah is operational, it is performing as it was designed to perform and that is to produce electricity with vastly less GHG output. As far as I'm concerned, that is the end of this debate. If you want to keep flapping your yap about it, flap at the fucking wall. You'll get just as much satisfaction.

I've already posted two different statements that say the plant is operating. If you or anyone else (male or female) thinks different, it's now THEIR turn to post some findings.

Look folks, Abraham lied twice in this post.

1st Abraham thinks wikipedia and press releases are facts
2nd, Abraham said he was done with this debate but here he is again, parroting his post.

Yes the debate is ended, this is Abraham stomping his feet like an immature man, "I said so, I said so!".

Take note, I did not compare Abraham to a child, no need to insult children, further Abraham's behavior and posts are simply irrational and moronic.

NEWSFLASH!!!

wikipedia has sources listed. All you have to do is follow the links but you knew that didn't you?

When I can talk to someone who knows where their own nick comes from, I might feel a little more responsibility for that sort of thing. I didn't bring up Ivanpah. I have no obligation to support this pointless thread. Ivanpah is operational, it is performing as it was designed to perform and that is to produce electricity with vastly less GHG output. As far as I'm concerned, that is the end of this debate. If you want to keep flapping your yap about it, flap at the fucking wall. You'll get just as much satisfaction.

I've already posted two different statements that say the plant is operating. If you or anyone else (male or female) thinks different, it's now THEIR turn to post some findings.

2nd, Abraham said he was done with this debate but here he is again, parroting his post.

Yes the debate is ended, this is Abraham stomping his feet like an immature man, "I said so, I said so!".

Take note, I did not compare Abraham to a child, no need to insult children, further Abraham's behavior and posts are simply irrational and moronic.

NEWSFLASH!!!

wikipedia has sources listed. All you have to do is follow the links but you knew that didn't you?

I understand much, like people with zero knowledge of what they speak run to Goolge, which Links to Wiki, and the fools come back here and act like they are playing cards, they draw a card from Google and play it on the table like a Card From Wiki is the Ace of Spades and they won the game.

So thank you for the newsflash, you obviously went to Wiki to make sure there were links, right, and then played your card here, right.

You got me, you came up with a 10 of diamonds.

White_deck_10_of_diamonds.png

swing and a miss :thup: thats the best you got? :lol: wiki has sources that are easily retrievable at the bottom of each entry. Are you denying this?

swing and a miss :thup: thats the best you got? :lol: wiki has sources that are easily retrievable at the bottom of each entry. Are you denying this?

So, lets play cards, we will use your deck, facts and truth always win, so I have no fear.

I state Ivanpah is not producing Electricity.
I state Ivanpah at best will produce 50% less than 392 mwh as people have posted here.

I state this as fact.

You can disagree or link to wiki, and I mean literally, link to wiki, I will follow the link and all the links within wiki and give you an answer in seconds. If you disagree, link, or simply accept the fact that Ivanpah as of today, has failed.

Last edited:
nice deflection but I saw what you did there. Maybe you should hang-out in the coffee shop or the tavern :thup:

nice deflection but I saw what you did there. Maybe you should hang-out in the coffee shop or the tavern :thup:

Nice deflection, this is a thread about Ivanpah, you seem to be disagreeing with me, I posted some facts relevant to this thread, what is your response.

Go ahead, I do this for two reasons, to show I am right and to see who you are.

Huh? Nice, no facts, zero, I read all of the posts and still no graph or chart to show where Ivanhoe produced any power. Let's see those reports that you so willingly wished to argue existed. Let's see them, don't skirt your obligation on here. You posted you knew, let's see that evidence as requested by elektra.

That`s right. Nothing but nice fat zeros not just from prophet Abraham the 3.rd. Take a good look at the control panel of Unit #3:

The Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System - In Focus - The Atlantic
Feedwaterflow = 0
Main steam flow =0
Turbine (G) output = 0

And "Brightsource" said on their web page:
World?s largest solar thermal plant now fully operational
February 17, 2014
NRG announced last week that each of the plant's three units is now supplying electricity to California’s grid.
Maybe so, but 10 days later it sure as shit produced no power, when that picture was taken in this control room:

Workers monitor plant operations in the control room of the Ivanpah SEGS on February 27, 2014 in the Mojave Desert in California
All they "produced" was some hot air and a little bit of steam, 528 degF at 44 psig with superheater unit #3.

The whole damn thing doesnt fire up fully til 9AM and punches out 5PM on a GOOD day... Maybe the cameras just caught it taking a long lunch.....

NEWSFLASH!!!

Oh Yeah Baby!!!!! Thats how I follow ALLL my investments.. I rely on Press releases and wikipedia.... Hey!! You got the Nat gas production numbers for last month on the Wiki?

Theres AMPLE evidence presented here by MANY folks that Ivanpah is having severe issues. The largest evidence is that BrightSource aint talking much at all...

in MURICA too deniers:

The World's Largest Solar Plant Started Creating Electricity Today
The Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System is now operational and delivering solar electricity to California customers. At full capacity, the facility's trio of 450-foot high towers produces a gross total of 392 megawatts (MW) of solar power, enough electricity to provide 140,000 California homes with clean energy and avoid 400,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide per year, equal to removing 72,000 vehicles off the road.
tMoq4sK.jpg

Clearly your right, and science is defined as your anti-AGW talking points. Dismiss legitimate research institutions and international communities that acutely confirm climate change is threatening our future. You think updating the temperature record demonstrates what? Science is learning more about the world all the time, at least good science. Good science keeps advancing and verifying itself, then re-calculating for the new information even if it is different than thought. This leads to more accurate understanding of the world. The more we study it (since the 70s) the more we confirm climate change is largely a result of human causes. That is, those you identify as engaging in "not-science" are the one's confirming this.

Funny how conservatives reach a conclusion first (nothing to see here, move along now) & then look for the data.

deniers on the warpath Lots of negativity. Too bad they can't put all that "energy" to better use. ;)

I note you didn't revisit 392 MWhours. You don't really like to admit your errors, do you.

Reread the text from Elektra's article. They have NO plans to run those gas plants overnight. They are for morning start up and passing clouds. Only. Your numbers are crap.

I noticed that too. He just pushes forward when caught in a lie :eusa_think: MAN UP & ADMIT YOUR MISTAKES flacaltenn!!!

Ivanpah will produce orders of magnitude less GHG emissions than would any fossil fuel source with the same capacity. That is - truly - all that matters.

you might be wasting your time. deniers worship throwing up carbon into the atmosphere. Their philosophy of "I want it all now, future generations be damned" is inviolable. :(

NEWSFLASH!!!

Dot Com, your OP is false. I have challenged you to support your contention that Ivanpah works and you literally ran from your own thread, you were not offline, I private messaged you and you answered immediately.

So here is your answer from Wikipedia, Ivanpah does not work.

Ivanpah Solar Power Facility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lack of published performance data is causing speculation that the plant is not meeting expectations, but it's probably too early to tell.

Well, and there it is, in Wikepedia's politically correct jargon. Ivanpah is not producing energy. And what does wikipedia use as a source, same source I posted previously that all the Believers denigrate.

So thanks, first of all for stating that wikipedia is credible, hence my sources that are utilized by wikipedia is credible, hence Dot Com made a mistake or simply lied.

Dot Com is proven wrong, Ivanpah has failed.

Now lets see if Dot Com is a hypocrite, MAN UP & ADMIT YOUR MISTAKES

"Not meeting expectations" does not mean "not producing energy". Man up and admit your mistakes. And, again, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the validity of AGW.

"Not meeting expectations" does not mean "not producing energy". Man up and admit your mistakes. And, again, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the validity of AGW.

The graph below is from the State agency...the report excerpt is from KCET....and I emphasized the important fact for you deniers....

The red line shows total power production in megawatt-hours, while the blue line shows daily peak outputs in megawatts.

These figures aren't consistent with the world's largest solar thermal power plant going online. They're actually consistent with most of the state's existing solar thermal capacity going down, which happened for quite a bit last January as well. (Winter, with its shorter days and more diffuse sunlight, is a sensible time to conduct maintenance on solar thermal plants. But that's a guess on our part as to why that drop might have happened.)

Screen%20shot%202014-01-30%20at%202.45.42%20PM-thumb-600x353-67853.png

Ivanpah Solar Project Quietly Goes Online -- Or Does It? | Concentrating Solar | ReWire | KCET

Funny, I don't see the correlation

gvzj8y37-1361767576.jpg

What do you think it MEANS that Ivanpah is having troubles getting started?

Last edited:
Funny, I don't see the correlation

gvzj8y37-1361767576.jpg

What do you think it MEANS that Ivanpah is having troubles getting started?

:lol::lol: Wow, when you go non sequitur you go all out! What I think is that Ivanpah was a corrupt deal from the get-go. It was never intended to work, I can remember, way back in the day, they were working on this type of solar system outside of Baker CA. and in the 15 years I drove, or flew, by the place it was operating once.

This is a solar system that I think actually has a chance to work.... However, there is no evidence that they have actually gotten it to work.

Forum List

Back