World War II - Iraq - differences

FACT

The US entered WW II on December 7th, 1941, and finished the war on August 14th 1945.

This was 1346 days. WW II was over and done with, for the US, in 1346 days.

We have now been at war in Iraq for 1391 days - and there is no end in sight.

Way to go Republicans, you did a horrible job. That's why you no longer control Congress.

FACT

In the 1940s we didn't have the Democrat Party siding with our enemy!

Am i the only one who thinks that there is no moral high ground by abandoning people to extermination and oppression? When the practical consequences of your actions is doing this, how on earth is this a moral high ground? Thats like saying abandoning Southeast Asia to genocide was a good thing.

Keep on spewing your right wing-nut talking points. My brother -in-law is in Iraq now. I've got skin in this game...Do you?

And I think you're selling the American people short. Any just war, as W.W. II was, will find Americans behind it to the hilt. No American wants this nation to lose in a just cause. But this cause was doomed from the start as it was an unjust, and unjustifiable, war of aggression. To accuse those who oppose this policy of being somehow unpatriotic or un-American is rhetorical BS used in a feeble attempt to silence the critics of Chimpy and Co in their pursuit of this misuse and abuse of American military power. Their callous disregard for the lives they have sent, and continue to send, into harm's way is evident from their failure to adequately plan for anything but the looting of the American treasury and the sacrifice of American lives.

Tell me, Oh Wise One, just what has been bought for America with this expenditure of blood and treasure? Enumerate the ways in which America is safer and our future more secure. Please provide supporting documentation...If you can.

The "moral high ground" you so easily dismiss is the foundation upon which this nation was built. It is what makes this nation worth living in and fighting for. America...love it or leave it. Bye-bye now.

I don't see you doing any fighting, just running your suck, spewing hatred and lies, as usual. All you do is bitch and whine, and the only solutions you ever propose would come at the expense of this Nation and our society.

Then you want to go trying to dog someone who's done his time because he doesn't agree with your loony-left, US-hating talking points?

People like you SUCK.

I am personally offended at your implication that I personally do not love my country. I suppose you miss the hypocricy of accusing me of calling my opposition unpatriotic and un-American; and then you doing exactly that.

Just as I am offended by <b><i>YOUR</i></b> implication that I do not love my country. There is no hypocrisy involved in stating that your continued support of Chimpy and Co in the quagmire they have made of Iraq is wrong. It is simply a statement, which does nothing to impugn your patriotism.

If you can continue to support Chimpy and Co in the face of their putting the lives of your loved ones in harm's way based upon a tissue of lies, that is your choice. My choice is that they all be brought home safe and sound, and the members of the administration responsible for their blatant misuse of the US military be held accountable for their misdeeds.

I don't see you doing any fighting, just running your suck, spewing hatred and lies, as usual. All you do is bitch and whine, and the only solutions you ever propose would come at the expense of this Nation and our society.

Then you want to go trying to dog someone who's done his time because he doesn't agree with your loony-left, US-hating talking points?

People like you SUCK.

I served my country honorably, just as you did. Your insinuations that I somehow hate the troops and America are simply the echoes of the puerile talking points the right-wing noise machine so readily turns to in its intellectual and moral bankruptcy.

I've done my time, I've served my country and, so far as I'm concerned, continue to do so in the principled opposition to this Administration and its misguided agenda. Sorry if you don't like it, buts that the way it is.

Just as I am offended by <b><i>YOUR</i></b> implication that I do not love my country. There is no hypocrisy involved in stating that your continued support of Chimpy and Co in the quagmire they have made of Iraq is wrong. It is simply a statement, which does nothing to impugn your patriotism.

If you can continue to support Chimpy and Co in the face of their putting the lives of your loved ones in harm's way based upon a tissue of lies, that is your choice. My choice is that they all be brought home safe and sound, and the members of the administration responsible for their blatant misuse of the US military be held accountable for their misdeeds.

And just where did I state that you do not love your country???? As for your statement on Iraq, that is not where I take offense (but then I suspect you knew that); it was your comment of "America...love it or leave it!"

Once again, as we have in the past, we will have to agree to disagree.

Obviously, I too wish for the safe return of all our military; where we diverge is that I hope someday those who worked so diligently to give aid and comfort to the enemy through the MSM and other means will be held accountable for their misdeeds! Your continued assertions and rhetoric will not become truth no matter how often you repeat them!

I served my country honorably, just as you did. Your insinuations that I somehow hate the troops and America are simply the echoes of the puerile talking points the right-wing noise machine so readily turns to in its intellectual and moral bankruptcy.

I've done my time, I've served my country and, so far as I'm concerned, continue to do so in the principled opposition to this Administration and its misguided agenda. Sorry if you don't like it, buts that the way it is.

I sincerely doubt you served your country "just as I did."

There were NO insuations. What I said was celar and concise with no mincing of words.

You do the US a DISservice on a continuing basis. You fool only yourself attempting to call it anything other than that.

And just where did I state that you do not love your country???? As for your statement on Iraq, that is not where I take offense (but then I suspect you knew that); it was your comment of "America...love it or leave it!"

Once again, as we have in the past, we will have to agree to disagree.

Obviously, I too wish for the safe return of all our military; where we diverge is that I hope someday those who worked so diligently to give aid and comfort to the enemy through the MSM and other means will be held accountable for their misdeeds! Your continued assertions and rhetoric will not become truth no matter how often you repeat them!

:clap2:

My sentiments exactly, with the execption of agreeing to disagree. I'll only agree that he is wrong, and anyone that sees things the way he does needs to seek professional psychiatric help.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
And hopefully its not going to be after seeing something like what the anti war coalition did during Vietnam when they let millions of southeast asians get slaughtered because they wouldnt see things through.

The inate ability of super patriotic american clowns to distort historical events never ceases to amaze me.

MILLIONS OF VIETNAMESE DIED AS A DIRECT RESULT OF AMERICA’S DISASTROUS INTERVENTION IN THEIR CIVIL WAR.

And who cares for those 58 thousand american GI’s anyway?

They were paid to die and got what they deserved for meddling in the civil war of a country that had not done anything to America.

It doesn’t matter if it is american soldiers in Vietnam or in Anbar Province (Iraq).

The proper place for american soldiers who invade and occupy countries/provinces (that did not harm the US) against the will of the natives is 6 feet below the ground with a bullet in the head.

José;521861 said:
The inate ability of super patriotic american clowns to distort historical events never ceases to amaze me.

MILLIONS OF VIETNAMESE DIED AS A DIRECT RESULT OF AMERICA’S DISASTROUS INTERVENTION IN THEIR CIVIL WAR.

They were paid to die and got what they deserved for meddling in the civil war of a country who had not done anything to America.

It doesn’t matter if it is american soldiers in Vietnam or in Anbar Province (Iraq).

The proper place for american soldiers who invade and occupy countries/provinces (that did not harm the US) against the will of the natives is 6 feet below the ground with a bullet in the head.

rewriting history? Millions didn't die till we pulled out.

I sincerely doubt you served your country "just as I did."

There were NO insuations. What I said was celar and concise with no mincing of words.

You do the US a DISservice on a continuing basis. You fool only yourself attempting to call it anything other than that.

celar and concise ....hmmmm

"You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill."

-- Col. Walter E. Kurtz, "Apocalypse Now" (1979

José;521861 said:

They were paid to die and got what they deserved for meddling in the civil war of a country that had not done anything to America.

I sure as hell hope you are being sarcastic.

José;521861 said:

I don't know that there are words to express how I feel about your stupidity, and wishing death on US troops. Rest assured, I dearly wish you could be here to express such sentiments to my face.

Your time as a blight on this Earth would be at an end.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
rewriting history? Millions didn't die till we pulled out.

America&#8217;s disastrous involvement in Vietnam took what would be a short civil war to unify a country artificially separated by foreign powers and turned into a wholesale masacre in which more than 1 million vietnamese perished.

I said it before and I say it again:

Those who say America&#8217;s project for Vietnam was clearly superior and had America and SV prevailed the country would be much more prosperous and free than it is today do have a valid point.

But there is also a valid argument that Kennedy, Johnson and Nixon should be tried by an international court for having interfered in a nationalist civil war, backing a puppet government with zero nationalist support and destroying a small country that never did anything against the US.

And the worst of all is that we still have to put up with the super patriotic clowns of this Message Board complaining about &#8220;the loss of american international trust and prestige&#8221; after the end of the war.

These morally depraved individuals, instead of being ashamed of all the death and destruction America brought to that small, defenceless nation, think the death of 1 million vietnamese was not enough, anything goes as long as America&#8217;s prestige remains intact.

They make me puke and be ashamed of being human.

The least an american president should do on behalf of the american people is travel to Vietnam, get down on his knees, cry and beg the vietnamese people to forgive America.

Originally posted by CSM
I sure as hell hope you are being sarcastic.

I just try to be fair to all countries.

If, in a parallel universe, the US was invaded by a foreign power I would be here supporting the right of the american people to wage an armed struggle against the invader.

Why should I deny the vietnamese or the sunni iraqis the same right I grant to the american people?

Why should I deny their right to fight against an artificial division of their country and unify it just like americans fought against the artificial division of their country more than a century ago?

Why should I deny the right of sunni arabs to fight the invasion of their province located in an equally artificial country that force two different peoples and two religious sects to live under the same roof? A country that should never have been created in the first place?

I hope sunni arabs will never be able to impose their autocratic rule on shias and kurds again but they have every right to shoot any american, kurd and shiite soldier that invades Anbar Province and tries to force them to accept an artificial country in which they do not wish to live.

This is the most basic of all nationalist principles, CSM.

You invade my country (or region) to support an artificial country that never existed before or a country that should never have been created in the first place ruled by a puppet government and you get a bullet in the head.

You, as an american nationalist, should be the first one to understand this most basic nationalist concept.

José;522058 said:
America’s disastrous involvement in Vietnam took what would be a short civil war to unify a country artificially separated by foreign powers and turned into a wholesale masacre in which more than 1 million vietnamese perished.

I said it before and I say it again:

Those who say America’s project for Vietnam was clearly superior and had America and SV prevailed the country would be much more prosperous and free than it is today do have a valid point.

But there is also a valid argument that Kennedy, Johnson and Nixon should be tried by an international court for having interfered in a nationalist civil war, backing a puppet government with zero nationalist support and destroying a small country that never did anything against the US.

And the worst of all is that we still having to put up with the super patriotic clowns of this Message Board complaining about “the loss of american international trust and prestige” after the end of the war.

These morally depraved individuals, instead of being ashamed of all the death and destruction America brought to that small, defenceless nation, think the death of 1 million vietnamese was not enough, anything goes as long as America’s prestige remains intact.

They make me puke and be ashamed of being human.

The least an american president should do on behalf of the american people is travel to Vietnam, get down on his knees, cry and ask the vietnamese people to forgive America.

Revisionist history and or left-wing propaganda. Why is it every time you post on this board it turns into you reliving your flower power days of undermining the US's effort in Vietnam? Vietnam ended for the US 45 years ago. DO try and move on.

You are as irrelevant to now as your argument is.

Forum List

Back