World literature

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023
Which writers do you like to read?

I hope arts also includes literature

Can we talk about literature there, or is there another section for it? :)

What about Shakespeare?

Btw: He is not so much for being read - more for seeing his Plays. :)

Reading Shakespeare's works was a favorite of mine also Tolstoy, Ayn Rand, Charles Dickens, and Robert Louis Stevenson.
Literature class was always a favorite of mine. American authors my favorites were from the 18th and 19th centuries.

I agree literature is an art form.

Which writers do you like to read?

I hope arts also includes literature

Can we talk about literature there, or is there another section for it? :)

I love "Edgar Allen Poe" - I actually am blood related to Poe. Maybe that is why my favorite color is black and I love Horror/ Murder Mysteries so much; its the genes...

I also like "Steven King"... every single novel he wrote I read

I love "Agatha Christie" Novels... read the good majority of her novels

John Grisham novels

Sherlock Holmes of Course

Classic Books I love:
Dracula, Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde, Crime and Punishment, Wuthering Heights, A ClockWork Orange, Lolita, Slaughter House Five, The Maltese Falcon, The Postman Always Rings Twice, The Great Gatsby, Ulysses, Brave New World, The Grapes of Wrath, Catch-22, The Secret Agent, 1984, Animal Farm, Lord of The Flies, The Catcher in the Rye, A Farewell to Arms, I Claudius, War and Peace, Dr. Zhivago, Treasure Island, The Count of Monte Cristo.

Dracula, Dr Jekyl and Mr. Hyde and The Great Gatsby are probably my favorite novel of all time.

18th,19th, and into 20th century authors are my favorites . When it comes to fiction I must like the characters to enjoy it.
Some of Hemingway's characters are developed really well but in a lot of his stories I really loathed the characters the only fiction works of his I liked were The Old Man and the Sea and For Whom the Bell Tolls.

I am glad that literature is recognized as an art.

Or where else in the forum could we talk about literature?

Forum List

Back