World Gripped By Anti-Government Riots; America Next?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Freeman, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Freeman

Freeman VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +382
    anti-federalists are rising like Phoenix, and most americans are armed, if the economic situation still stagnant...riots may occur and revolution inspired by Egyptians may happen!
    [​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  2. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    Well the right has been itching for a second civil war for quite some time.

3. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    While I agree that we need another April 19, 1775 or April 12, 1861 moment here in the United States, I'm not sure that we would end up with the right Government afterwards, so I'm a little hesitant to suggest that this would be the best thing possible. Then again, it definitely wouldn't be the worst thing possible either.

4. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    There have been anti-government protests in America for a few years now, the Tea Party. Big difference, all the TP protests have been peaceful.

The dangerous wave of protests coming are from labor unions in America who realize their cushy deals are gone forever due to the new global economic reality.

Like left wing union members in Wisconsin calling their movement "Cairo, Wisconsin". The left wing is extremely prone to violence when they realize their nanny state entitlements are going away. See Greece, France, etc. Thats what America will see, not the same as the ones in Egypt which hate their government, our violent ones will be from those who are pissed that the government will no longer take care of all their needs.

5. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,089
    Yeah, it would be "worst thing possible ."

The brilliance of this great experiment is that we use ballots not bullets.

You guys. Jeeezzzz. I can see that somebody stole the cork out of Sallow's lunch, as well.

Vis-a-vis the Middle East, and what seems to be a succession of protests and unrest, I would like to know if you think that we are witnessing spontaneous uprisings, i.e., nationalist, Islamist, economic, or even, silly as it seems to contemplate, a desire for democracy....

or is there some organized force behind it....i.e., communist inspired, etc.

Or, similar to the 1979 Iranian uprising, a combination of factors.

6. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    The "Great Experiment" has FAILED, PC. It was failed 150 years ago when Abraham Lincoln used the US Constitution as a sheet of toilet paper, forever altering the dynamics of this nation in the WRONG direction.

We've had a one philosophy (Liberalism) government ever since. In fact I would suggest that the last TRUE Conservative in Washington, DC was President Andrew Jackson.

It's been proven that the ballot method doesn't work in actually returning this country to what it was intended to be. Without that option, there is nothing other than bullets left to fix this sinking ship before it goes all the way under and leaves us to drown in the freezing waters known as Liberalism.

7. Shoobis1

Shoobis1 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Everyone in America is pissed off, but it's not like we're unified about whom is pissing us off. People are pretty happy with the relative state of peace in the US. If there was an attempt at a revolution, we'd probably descend into a lengthy, chaotic civil war, with various special interests trying to get power.

I don't think the Constitution itself is the problem. Although maybe what we could do is allow amendments to the Constitution with just 60% of the vote from both houses of Congress. That way it would be more flexible and we could at least try to make some changes.

8. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,891
    Been there, done that. Bill Ayers is still around preaching hatred for his own Country.

9. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    Even though things in America have gotten rough, the people here are still too comfortable to take to the streets. Take away HBO and Popeyes Chicken that people will get really pissed.

10. MikeK

MikeK Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,727
    That sounds very inspiring -- but what do we do when balloting doesn't work? Don't forget that George W. Bush was not elected President. He was appointed by the right wing of the Supreme Court. And the worst thing about that is the right wing commoners thought it was just fine.