World Gripped By Anti-Government Riots; America Next?

Maybe a million man march on the capital where America's 7 million millionaires can demonstrate for lower taxes and more cooperate welfare.

You're just a big old drooling redneck racist, ain't ya Ananchronism?

Nah. I'm a big ole drooling Swamp Yankee. My family originally came here about a quarter century after the Mayflower showed up. We've fought in every significant conflict on this continent since that time (including both sides of the Civil War), and almost every foreign conflict this country has ever been involved in.

Race means nothing to me. Gender, on the other hand, that's another story.

First, you seem to think that Lincoln (who was a Republican by the way) fucked up this country by freeing the slaves.

No, Lincoln (who was a bleeding-heart Liberal regardless of the fact that he was a Republican) fucked up by refusing to allow the states to LEGALLY Secede from the Union. The intent was a collection of States (with the States having the power). Lincoln turned that on its head by forcing Federal Authority over the states. In fact the Emancipation Proclaimation is about the ONLY decent thing Lincoln did so far as I'm concerned.

Next, you laud Andrew Jackson who was a slave owner who had little regard for anyone who wasn't white.

As were most people in that day and age. Again, race means very little to me. Nationality, gender, and philosophy mean significantly more to me.

And stating that bullets are the only option is idiotic.

Oh? Is that so? Then please point out to me the candidate who supports a return to the Constitutional and Conservative Roots of this country who has run in ANY of the Presidential or Congressional Elections anywhere in this country in my lifetime (I was born in 1974). YOU CAN'T FIND ONE. Therefore I would suggest that the ballot is NOT a reasonable option for getting this country back where it needs to be.

Naw, can't find a President you approve of since Andrew Jackson. They were all too sane for you, even Nixon. But Jackson was great at stealing from people that had red skins.

Naw, can't find a President you approve of since Andrew Jackson. They were all too sane for you, even Nixon. But Jackson was great at stealing from people that had red skins.

It's not a matter of sanity. It's a matter of philosophy and actions. Jackson was a believer in Manifest Destiny, as I am also.

Liberalism will soon be propped up in a museum..........in a glass case like a relic of a former era. The majority will see to it. The fringe k00ks will be silenced..........and our nation will be better off for it.

You're just a big old drooling redneck racist, ain't ya Ananchronism?

Nah. I'm a big ole drooling Swamp Yankee. My family originally came here about a quarter century after the Mayflower showed up. We've fought in every significant conflict on this continent since that time (including both sides of the Civil War), and almost every foreign conflict this country has ever been involved in.

Race means nothing to me. Gender, on the other hand, that's another story.

First, you seem to think that Lincoln (who was a Republican by the way) fucked up this country by freeing the slaves.

No, Lincoln (who was a bleeding-heart Liberal regardless of the fact that he was a Republican) fucked up by refusing to allow the states to LEGALLY Secede from the Union. The intent was a collection of States (with the States having the power). Lincoln turned that on its head by forcing Federal Authority over the states. In fact the Emancipation Proclaimation is about the ONLY decent thing Lincoln did so far as I'm concerned.

Next, you laud Andrew Jackson who was a slave owner who had little regard for anyone who wasn't white.

As were most people in that day and age. Again, race means very little to me. Nationality, gender, and philosophy mean significantly more to me.

And stating that bullets are the only option is idiotic.

Oh? Is that so? Then please point out to me the candidate who supports a return to the Constitutional and Conservative Roots of this country who has run in ANY of the Presidential or Congressional Elections anywhere in this country in my lifetime (I was born in 1974). YOU CAN'T FIND ONE. Therefore I would suggest that the ballot is NOT a reasonable option for getting this country back where it needs to be.

Big old drooling swamp Yankee eh? Know what the difference is between rednecks and swamp yankees? Both breed animals, but it's the swamp yankees that get emotionally involved.

As far as how long ago you got here? Guess what........don't fucking care, because most of you Mayflower bastards are about as stuck up and self centered as any I've seen.

And yeah......I was stationed in Newport RI for 4 years. Swamp Yankees have a kinda different view of the world than most. They're almost inbred.

Worldwide food prices expected to increase by as much 30% or more will just about guaranteed food riots and demonstrations against governments throughout the world, particular in underdeveloped countries. The big increases are in wheat, soybeans, rice, and corn. This is particular bad news for the underdeveloped nations. In many of these countries people buy wheat and rice and mill it themselves making their own bread and other foods. A 1/3 increase in the cost of these commodities means nearly a 1/3 cost increase in their food. When 70% of their income goes for food, you can bet that there are going to be a lot of people hitting the streets.

While I agree that we need another April 19, 1775 or April 12, 1861 moment here in the United States, I'm not sure that we would end up with the right Government afterwards, so I'm a little hesitant to suggest that this would be the best thing possible. Then again, it definitely wouldn't be the worst thing possible either.

Yeah, it would be "worst thing possible ."

The brilliance of this great experiment is that we use ballots not bullets.

You guys. Jeeezzzz. I can see that somebody stole the cork out of Sallow's lunch, as well.

Vis-a-vis the Middle East, and what seems to be a succession of protests and unrest, I would like to know if you think that we are witnessing spontaneous uprisings, i.e., nationalist, Islamist, economic, or even, silly as it seems to contemplate, a desire for democracy....

or is there some organized force behind it....i.e., communist inspired, etc.

Or, similar to the 1979 Iranian uprising, a combination of factors.

I see the uprising in the ME countries as being inspired by younger generations who are better educated and who have a disdain for crushing authoritative governments, whether it's Communism or Islam. Newsweek calls it the "Middle Eastern Youthquake." Roughly one-third of the population in the entire region is now under 30.** They belong to the generation of fast-track news, via the Internet, Twitter, Facebook, etc., and want to be westernized, not suppressed. They don't identify with religious tyranny or terrorist activities. Right now what they want is a chance to earn a decent living and the freedom to participate in the modern world, instead of always being pushed back into archaic and useless traditions.

**Source: United Nations Department of Economics and Social Affairs (link is not available, but it appeared in the 2/07/11 issue of Newsweek Magazine (hard cover).

When I saw your post, I started one called 'We are witness to the Islamic Reformation,'
under Middle East....you might find it interesting, and let me know if you critique it.

And yeah......I was stationed in Newport RI for 4 years. Swamp Yankees have a kinda different view of the world than most. They're almost inbred.

Yes we do. We have the RIGHT view, and we're "inbred" because we can't find many decent folk who have come here in the last century or so to breed with.

Forum List

Back