Wonky on Guns (for my fans)

Motorcycle Helmets? Should they be mandatory? Should I be able to ride and risk cracking my skull like a watermelon if I so choose? Can I have the freedom to not protect my head?

Only if it does not endanger anyone else on the road....

Well, any vehicle/bike accident has the potential to endanger others, with or without a helmet. The helmet is solely to protect the rider's head.

Hmmm, How about us taking this in a very general sense at this point. :eusa_angel:

Do you think people should be allowed to not protect themselves if they choose?

Well, let's see. Courts have held that freedom of speech includes the freedom not to speak. So, although I'm not aware of any specific case, it would seem to make sense in legal precedent that the freedom to keep a firearm would include the freedom not to keep one.

So, in a "very general sense," and with no other factors in this hypothetical situation, it would seem that people should be allowed not to protect themselves.

Motorcycle Helmets? Should they be mandatory? Should I be able to ride and risk cracking my skull like a watermelon if I so choose? Can I have the freedom to not protect my head?

What about the hospital bill that you intend to stick the taxpayers with if you're uninsured?

Of course bad people will continue to acquire "people punching" weaponry on the black market. Unfortunately, this doesn't change the fact that there's no "good" reason for a good person to have them outside of a military operation.

So your admitting you can't control bad people, you're only interested controlling good people. Why?

Some good people are stupid enough to require an extra measure of control. ;)

That's why we have things like helmet laws for motorcyclists.

So you want to require me to protect myself on a motorcycle, yet deny me the ability to protect myself form bad people. You really think you know better than everyone, God you are the ultimate statist aren't you. Your a fucking hypocrite to the max also. People like you are the reason we have the 2nd Amendment.

So your admitting you can't control bad people, you're only interested controlling good people. Why?

So you want to require me to protect myself on a motorcycle, yet deny me the ability to protect myself form bad people. You really think you know better than everyone, God you are the ultimate statist aren't you. Your a fucking hypocrite to the max also. People like you are the reason we have the 2nd Amendment.

You can have any firearm that any normal person would want, as far as I'm concerned. And if that's not enough for you, get security guards. Meanwhile, you can take your lies and bullshit elsewhere. Nobody's buying.

Well, let's see. Courts have held that freedom of speech includes the freedom not to speak. So, although I'm not aware of any specific case, it would seem to make sense in legal precedent that the freedom to keep a firearm would include the freedom not to keep one.

So, in a "very general sense," and with no other factors in this hypothetical situation, it would seem that people should be allowed not to protect themselves.

What about the hospital bill that you intend to stick the taxpayers with if you're uninsured?

Me? I am insured and I ride with a helmet always even in NH.

But....the same could be said about those uninsured, unarmed people who get shot by a home invader.

You can have any firearm that any normal person would want, as far as I'm concerned. And if that's not enough for you, get security guards. Meanwhile, you can take your lies and bullshit elsewhere. Nobody's buying.

You can have any firearm that any normal person would want

What the hell does that mean? I choose to have the same firearms as the bad guys who might choose to assault me or my family? K?

But....the same could be said about those uninsured, unarmed people who get shot by a home invader.

Let's put the hypothetical aside for just a moment. Are you against helmet laws (yes or no)?

Let's put the hypothetical aside for just a moment. Are you against helmet laws (yes or no)?

Yes I am. I am against lots of nanny laws for adults.

What the hell does that mean? I choose to have the same firearms as the bad guys who might choose to assault me or my family? K?

Can you afford them?

Can you afford them?

If I could not I would not be able to buy them would I?

So deflection aside.....I want the same firepower available to me as that which is available to the bad guys. Problem?

Last edited:

Right, who determines what a normal person would want, YOU? Prove any lie you think I've told. You said it ya slimy little prick, now back it up. So far you've just avoided a response every time I've proven you wrong.

If every adult were intelligent and responsible, we wouldn't need nanny laws. But they aren't, so we do.

Right, who determines what a normal person would want, YOU?
You could Google "most popular firearms." :lol: (Ask an idiotic question; get an idiotic answer.)

Prove any lie you think I've told. You said it ya slimy little prick, now back it up.
I don't think I know better than everyone, I'm not the ultimate statist, nor am I a hypocrite to the max (however that works). QED; you're a liar. Unless you can prove any of the above.

So far you've just avoided a response every time I've proven you wrong.
Not that you're even worth half the time I spent on you, but I responded to all your points so far and you haven't managed to "prove" squat.

If every adult were intelligent and responsible, we wouldn't need nanny laws. But they aren't, so we do.

Oooooh we are seeing the innards of the wonky mind. So who exactly makes the call on who is "intelligent and responsible" in this country Wonky? You? The government? Your enemies? Your friends? Some unelected panel? Can we play this same "whose grown up enough" measurement game when deciding who should vote? Only intelligent and responsible people, k?

Wonky you are truly a lightweight on this topic. Your argument is weak and easy to destroy.

Last edited:

Well, any vehicle/bike accident has the potential to endanger others, with or without a helmet. The helmet is solely to protect the rider's head.

Head injury may be a causal link in an accident, however, I see this is off point.

You could Google "most popular firearms." :lol: (Ask an idiotic question; get an idiotic answer.)

Prove any lie you think I've told. You said it ya slimy little prick, now back it up.
I don't think I know better than everyone, I'm not the ultimate statist, nor am I a hypocrite to the max (however that works). QED; you're a liar. Unless you can prove any of the above.

Not that you're even worth half the time I spent on you, but I responded to all your points so far and you haven't managed to "prove" squat.

You might want to review the thread, because your assertion that you have responded to all my post is a lie. So now you are not only an ignorant idiot statist hypocrite, you can now add liar to the list. Would you care to go for a week kneed liberal who is unwilling to admit when he's worng?

Head injury may be a causal link in an accident, however, I see this is off point.

A prior head injury perhaps. A head injury incurred while riding a bike unhelmeted? Not that I can think of Connery. Usually you are down and out after TBI and do no one harm except your swelling brain.

My point in all this is how can I see threads and opinions where so many support the right to be free to commit suicide but a person can't choose to ride unhelmeted?

Last edited:
Wanker is a typical leftie nutcase. Thinks he's smart than you and knows what's best. Just give him control over your finances and lifestyle. Fortunately this thread just proves how uneducated he is.

Oooooh we are seeing the innards of the wonky mind. So who exactly makes the call on who is "intelligent and responsible" in this country Wonky? You? The government? Your enemies? Your friends? Some unelected panel? Can we play this same "whose grown up enough" measurement game when deciding who should vote? Only intelligent and responsible people, k?

Wonky you are truly a lightweight on this topic. Your argument is weak and easy to destroy.

In this country, the Congress and state legislatures do. You're obviously the lightweight on this point.

You might want to review the thread, because your assertion that you have responded to all my post is a lie. So now you are not only an ignorant idiot statist hypocrite, you can now add liar to the list. Would you care to go for a week kneed liberal who is unwilling to admit when he's worng?

You are a troll, and a semi-literate one at that.

Like the most extreme teadrinkers, you think that saying "no" enough times and loudly enough will make you correct. The thread speaks for itself on that point. It's useless for anyone to try to communicate with you. Buh-bye. :bye1:

Forum List

Back