Women's Wimbledon

America is definitely waiting for it’s next top ranked star.
Chris Eubank came late to the game full time . Still room for further improvement . He only lost narrowly to Medvedev and could/ will be Top 10 . Whether he could challenge the top two is moot .

Chris Eubank came late to the game full time . Still room for further improvement . He only lost narrowly to Medvedev and could/ will be Top 10 . Whether he could challenge the top two is moot .
America has had guys that have flirted in the top 10 before.. Querry, Blake.. nothing panned out. Hey, I hope you’re right

How old is Jaden Agassi? LOL.

That’s a LOT of grand slams in the blood

America has had guys that have flirted in the top 10 before.. Querry, Blake.. nothing panned out. Hey, I hope you’re right

How old is Jaden Agassi? LOL.

That’s a LOT of grand slams in the blood

Hopefully he'll do better than Leo Borg! He's been a bust and is barely still in the game at 20 yo.! :p ;):rolleyes::D

The ladies' side of the tournament was off to a crackin' start with the most anticipated first round match between still teenager and top 10 American Coco Gauff versus former #4 and 2020 Aussie Open Champion on the comeback trail as a qualifier in Sofia Kenin. Kenin won that huge encounter.

Donna Vekic had a tight 2nd round battle against American and former US Open Champion Sloane Stephens

Sad to see Karolina Muchova get bit yet again by the injury bug as she lost to a tough player in Jule Neimeier. And Anett Kontaveit's injuries have made this Wimbledon her last tournament (although you can never rule out a comeback these days)

Lesia Tsurenko and Ana Bogdan had an exciting 20-18 tiebreak finish in the third round, won by the Ukranian Tsurenko.

16-year-old Mirra Andreeva had Madison Keys on the ropes in the Round of 16 and let the match slip away. Lessons to be learned for the rising tennis prodigy.

I always like cheering on two-time Wimbledon Champion Petra Kvitova, but she bowed out meekly in the Round of 16 to the ever-tricky Ons Jabeur.

Ukranian Elina Svitolina had many dramatic matches, defeating Kenin, then a tight battle against former champ Victoria Azarenka 11-9 in the final set tiebreak, then the big one over #1 seed Iga Swiatek in the quarterfinal. Not bad for a wildcard entry who gave birth back in October and didn't return to the tour in April.

And finally, what can you say about the surprise champion Marketa Vondrousova. Unseeded, was a mere 1-4 in previous Wimbledons (and missed last year's because of injury), certainly not known as being comfortable on a grass court (you'd expect her to win Roland Garros first where she was runner up in 2019 as a teenager).

Chech tennis still going strong for the ladies.

You gotta feel for Ons Jabeur. She wants a slam title so bad. She's like Aranxta Sanchez Vicario, Agnieska Radwanska, and Carla Suarez Navarro rolled up in one, looks-wise and style-wise. Crafty and smart player, but like those other players, hasn't been able to win a Wimbledon. Maybe someday though, we'll see.

Congrats to Marketa. I'm sure she celebrated well for her one-year anniversary to her husband.

Forum List

Back