Women's health care is unnecessary.

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
Right after using the excuse of women's health care to promote obamacare, the government finds "studies" that prove women don't really need mammograms at all!

Isn't that convenient?

Mammograms leading to unnecessary treatment, study finds - The Washington Post

The new study immediately fueled the already fierce debate over how often women should get mammograms, a controversy that has embroiled policymakers, politicians and physicians, as well as their female patients.

Did those who supported obamacare really expect to get care? Rather stupid of them, wasn't it?

From your link.
"However, that revision by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force, made as Congress was crafting the new health-care law, was assailed not only by groups such as the American Cancer Society and the American College of Radiology but also by the Obama administration.

In 2010, lawmakers tweaked a mandate in the health-care law requiring insurers to cover preventive services recommended by the task force free of charge. The law specifies that when it comes to mammograms, insurers must follow the task force’s old guidelines."

Like I said, this old news.. You should have also read the whole article. Obama and Obamacare are following old guidelines... Which means covering regular mammograms. So what was the point of this thread again?

The report is the latest study to undermine the once-strong consensus that regular screenings are crucial to safeguarding women’s health. Just in the past two years, a major study of Norwegian breast cancer patients found that routine mammograms reduced the risk of dying from breast cancer by less than 10 percent. Another study found no effect on death rates when comparing European nations where screening became prevalent in the 1990s with those where it became widespread in the 2000s.

Sounds like another global conspiracy.

Sounds like mammograms will be the subject of government studies until there is a basis to deny coverage for them. The government gets what it pays for.

medicare is now denying hormone treatment for those that really need it, and it is also denying Nexium even when other drugs do not help with erosive esophagitis.

medicare is now denying hormone treatment for those that really need it, and it is also denying Nexium even when other drugs do not help with erosive esophagitis.

Prilosec is pretty much the same thing by the way, also Protonix worked well for my mom. And what hormone therapy are they denying?

Right after using the excuse of women's health care to promote obamacare, the government finds "studies" that prove women don't really need mammograms at all!

Isn't that convenient?

The new study immediately fueled the already fierce debate over how often women should get mammograms, a controversy that has embroiled policymakers, politicians and physicians, as well as their female patients.

Did those who supported obamacare really expect to get care? Rather stupid of them, wasn't it?

There appears to be better methods now such as Ultrasound but how does this equate to your ridiculous thread title?

Isn't that convenient?

I felt a lump. I got a mammogram, I got a biopsy, I got a lumpectomy and radiation therapy, then pills for 5 years. I am grateful for the mammogram and now I have them every year. I would hate to think the in order to save pennies, our government would deny women proper health care but I have no problems believing it. Our government, like our corporations are greedy and answer only to themselves.

Did you guys read the fricken article?
The government and the Obama administration ignored this study.

They have been saying this about mammograms for over a year.

Doesn't make the discussion any less relevant. As has been stated previously by many of us who saw obamacare for what it really is....rationing medical care to "decrease costs".....and now the bozos who supported this idiot will soon find out that what they wanted isn't exactly what they hoped for.

Prilosec is pretty much the same thing by the way, also Protonix worked well for my mom. And what hormone therapy are they denying?

it does not work for severe cases, period. She is now on another prescription that they will pay for - can't remember the name- and has had to add zantac as well and is still suffering. She has tried all of it, in other words and nothing but nexium actually takes it away.
Sorry I don't know the name of her hormones.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back