Women want to be treated equally.....

Every victim that a guilty murderer killed is innocent. How many of those innocents do we have to have before those we know are guilty are executed for what they did?

How many innocent people have been convicted of capital crimes? If we know it becomes somewhat of a different matter.

No it doesn't. One of the main complaints about executions is that there is the potential of executing an innocent person. When it comes to the victims for which a guilty murderer gets the death penalty, EVERY victim was innocent. When are we going to concern ourselves with them?

Putting them in prison for life takes care of that. There is no need to allow state sponsored murder of citizens, some of who COULD be innocent. In fact, there have been quite a few death row inmates and those serving a life sentence for crimes they did not commit, who were released after DNA proved their innocence. We don't even KNOW how many people are in jail on bogus charges. The Innocence Project operates on donations only. They can only handle a minimum number of cases, but they have managed to get some people released from prison.

Until putting the guilty ones in prison brings back an innocent person, it's not good enough.

Read it please. :)

Scott Hornoff Rhode Island cop: framed, jailed, freed

I've read so many like that, I know the point you're trying to make. I address those situations where there is absolutely no doubt the person accused of it did it. Take Susan Smith of Union, SC. She drove her car into a lake while her two kids were strapped in seatbelts in the back seat. They both died a horrible death. There was absolutely no doubt she was guilty. Why wasn't she given the death penalty? The answer is because she is female. A male doing the same thing would have received it.

How many innocent people have been convicted of capital crimes? If we know it becomes somewhat of a different matter.

No it doesn't. One of the main complaints about executions is that there is the potential of executing an innocent person. When it comes to the victims for which a guilty murderer gets the death penalty, EVERY victim was innocent. When are we going to concern ourselves with them?

Putting them in prison for life takes care of that. There is no need to allow state sponsored murder of citizens, some of who COULD be innocent. In fact, there have been quite a few death row inmates and those serving a life sentence for crimes they did not commit, who were released after DNA proved their innocence. We don't even KNOW how many people are in jail on bogus charges. The Innocence Project operates on donations only. They can only handle a minimum number of cases, but they have managed to get some people released from prison.

Until putting the guilty ones in prison brings back an innocent person, it's not good enough.

I've read so many like that, I know the point you're trying to make. I address those situations where there is absolutely no doubt the person accused of it did it. Take Susan Smith of Union, SC. She drove her car into a lake while her two kids were strapped in seatbelts in the back seat. They both died a horrible death. There was absolutely no doubt she was guilty. Why wasn't she given the death penalty? The answer is because she is female. A male doing the same thing would have received it.

That is not true at all. There are plenty of male murderers who have not gotten the death penalty.

That is not true at all. There are plenty of male murderers who have not gotten the death penalty.

There have been males that received it for doing far less.

Or perhaps because she was suffering from a mental illness?

And so? Are you jealous or something? :uhoh3: Are you trying to make this into a "boys versus girls" thing or something?

So we should sanction state sponsored murder in every case, just so things are equal? lol

How about the state NOT kill anyone, and we call that equal? Life in prison is no picnic. In fact, life on death row is far more comfortable than life in prison in general population.

So we should sanction state sponsored murder in every case, just so things are equal? lol

How about the state NOT kill anyone, and we call that equal? Life in prison is no picnic. In fact, life on death row is far more comfortable than life in prison in general population.

Punishment for a crime isn't murder except to bleeding hearts that have more concern for the murderer than their innocent victims.

How about murderers stop murdering it won't be an issue.

Don't put them on death row. Put murderers who did things like Susan Smith in general population with a sign that says what they did. Even the most hardened criminals don't tolerate doing to kids what she did. Many of them, while bad people, are parents, too.

Always an excuse. When that happened, she appeared on TV crying about how someone had killed her kids. I told my wife that she did it and when that was found to be true, every bleeding heart would find any excuse they could to lessen the severity of what she did by bringing up things from her past.

I don't give a shit about her. I do care about the kids she murdered.

Punishment for a crime isn't murder except to bleeding hearts that have more concern for the murderer than their innocent victims.

Don't put them on death row. Put murderers who did things like Susan Smith in general population with a sign that says what they did. Even the most hardened criminals don't tolerate doing to kids what she did. Many of them, while bad people, are parents, too.

I certainly do not have more concern for the murderer than for the victims. But I do have a great deal of concern for those who have been wrongly convicted or are mentally ill.

And you keep talking as if an execution brings back the innocent victims of the crimes. Just an FYI, it doesn't.

Don't forget to LOL when you talk about mental illness, you did it quite well before, why stop now?

Always an excuse. When that happened, she appeared on TV crying about how someone had killed her kids. I told my wife that she did it and when that was found to be true, every bleeding heart would find any excuse they could to lessen the severity of what she did by bringing up things from her past.

Please tell us what her execution would do for her kids? This nonsense about executing the murderer FOR the icconent victims is a sham. It does nothing for the victims.

But the fact that you think you know better than both the judge and the jury in that trial speaks volumes. Your willingness to ignore innocent people who have been wrongly convicted does as well.

Don't forget to LOL when you talk about mental illness, you did it quite well before, why stop now?

The mental illness argument is one of the go-to claims for the bleeding hearts. The they were raised in a bad home life is another.

I will add "LOL" when it is appropriate. Before it was. This time, it isn't.

I certainly do not have more concern for the murderer than for the victims. But I do have a great deal of concern for those who have been wrongly convicted or are mentally ill.

And you keep talking as if an execution brings back the innocent victims of the crimes. Just an FYI, it doesn't.
No it doesn't bring back those innocent victims but it sure does PREVENT that "LIBERAL" from ever killing again. You guys hate the death penalty because one day, you guys just might reach out and screw over another person life, because they might be happy.

Please tell us what her execution would do for her kids? This nonsense about executing the murderer FOR the icconent victims is a sham. It does nothing for the victims.

But the fact that you think you know better than both the judge and the jury in that trial speaks volumes. Your willingness to ignore innocent people who have been wrongly convicted does as well.

Tell me what letting her live will do to bring those kids back. All it does it make you bleeding hearts feel better because you feel sorry for her and what factors may have caused her to do this she couldn't control.

I was right in the middle of it asshole. I saw it firsthand unlike the soundbites and snippets you saw on TV.

The mental illness argument is one of the go-to claims for the bleeding hearts. The they were raised in a bad home life is another.

This attempt to label anyone who is not clamoring for more executions as being a "bleeding heart" is simply bullshit. But if it helps, have at it.

And mental illness is a genuine defense according to our legal system. They don't get away with anything. But we don't execute them.

No it doesn't bring back those innocent victims but it sure does PREVENT that "LIBERAL" from ever killing again. You guys hate the death penalty because one day, you guys just might reach out and screw over another person life, because they might be happy.

Oh, I see you are back to attempts at insults and trying to say what someone else believes or would do. Why am I not surprised.

Life in prison is a serious sentence. The only people they are likely to murder again is another inmate. Since you want those inmate executed anyway, why would that matter to you?

As for me doing anything to someone who is happy, you are obviously just spouting bullshit now. So spare us that nonsense and try to stay on topic.

This attempt to label anyone who is not clamoring for more executions as being a "bleeding heart" is simply bullshit. But if it helps, have at it.

And mental illness is a genuine defense according to our legal system. They don't get away with anything. But we don't execute them.

You're labeled a bleeding heart because like many bleeding hearts you jumped straight to one of the typical excuses in defending why she shouldn't have received it. When this happened, there were those who, like you, argued mental illness. There were those who argued that because she was abused as a child, it affected her. I figured you would take that avenue I just didn't know which specific road.

If they get a different sentence for doing the same thing as someone not deemed to have a mental illness, they get away with it. If their sentence is less due to it, that's called getting away with it.

Tell me what letting her live will do to bring those kids back. All it does it make you bleeding hearts feel better because you feel sorry for her and what factors may have caused her to do this she couldn't control.

I was right in the middle of it asshole. I saw it firsthand unlike the soundbites and snippets you saw on TV.

Were you in the courtroom to hear everything the judge and jury heard? Then my point stands.

And actually, I think she is far more miserable spending the rest of her life in prison.

Oh, I see you are back to attempts at insults and trying to say what someone else believes or would do. Why am I not surprised.

Life in prison is a serious sentence. The only people they are likely to murder again is another inmate. Since you want those inmate executed anyway, why would that matter to you?

As for me doing anything to someone who is happy, you are obviously just spouting bullshit now. So spare us that nonsense and try to stay on topic.

Thank you for showing your hypocrisy. You stated that life in prison produces only the possibility of murdering another inmate. Guess that life in prison sentence isn't a deterrent and that you could care less whether it's an inmate they kill.

Forum List

Back