Women Thank Liberals

LogikAndReazon

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2012
The so-called Republican “war on women” currently being trumpeted by Democrats (with ample help from an ever-accommodating media) has exposed the absurd depths of the leftist entitlement mentality and its disdain for the concept of religious freedom. It was highlighted by the testimony of Sandra Fluke, who contended that her birth control should be underwritten by others regardless of their religious convictions. Yet if war is defined as something that does genuine damage to the interests of women, it is Democrats, via the sexual revolution and its all-out attack on traditional values, who have waged a war against women for decades. What has the Democratic war on women brought us?

First and foremost, it has brought us the wholesale destruction of the nuclear family, and the resultant poverty and crime that attends it. Currently 41 percent of children are born to single mothers, most of whom are low-income women in their early and mid-20s. In the black American community, that percentage soars to a staggering 72 percent. Male child abandonment is now a rampant aspect of our society. These trends are directly connected to Democrats’ and president Lyndon Johnson’s “Great Society,” and the critical changes they made to the Aid to Families with Dependent Children Program (AFDC). A program once reserved for funding once-married women who had lost the primary male supporter of the family was expanded to include any household where there was no male family head present.

In 1965, Daniel Patrick Moynihan predicted where such a change would lead–when the out-of-wedlock birthrate was 24 percent among black Americans and (4 percent for white Americans). He was excoriated by liberals saying that a “lack of equal education and opportunity” were the true root of the problem. 47 years and triple the number of out-of-wedlock births later, liberals are still using the same rationale to defend their position.

It is a weak argument. Education and opportunity, no matter how widely available, requires at least a minimal effort on the part of the individual to attain either. Yet various studies reveal the utter chaos that informs the lives of an alarming number of children raised by single mothers: they comprise about 70 percent of juvenile murderers, delinquents, teenaged mothers, drug abusers, dropouts, suicides and runaways.

FrontPage Magazine » The Democrats’ War on Women » Print

Well it's our own fault really. We've only spent X TRILLIONS of dollars on our Great Society and that clearly just hasn't been enough. I know because I heard either Al or Jesse say something about it just the other day.

Well it's our own fault really. We've only spent X TRILLIONS of dollars on our Great Society and that clearly just hasn't been enough. I know because I heard either Al or Jesse say something about it just the other day.

So, instead we spend TRILLIONS of dollars invading, destroying and then rebuilding OTHER societies?

So, instead we spend TRILLIONS of dollars invading, destroying and then rebuilding OTHER societies?

Why not, ours isn't working so good these days. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not instead. On top of.

Stop acting clueless.

"Unfortunately, it is a level of promiscuity, despite the prevalence of birth control, that has been handled much better by middle and upper class women: between the years 1994 and 2006, the number of unintended pregnancies among higher-income women fell by 29 percent. Lower income women? A 50 percent increase. And since single motherhood produces children six times more likely to live in poverty–and 80 percent of long-term poverty occurs in single-parent homes–the same class divide denounced by Democrats is the one they are simultaneously promoting.

Such promotion has reached absurd levels. A 17-year-old girl at Pilgrim High School in Warwick, R.I. painted a mural depicting the progression of a boy from childhood to adulthood that ends with a man and woman wearing wedding rings, and standing hand-in-hand with child. She was forced to paint it over when school officials contended that it might be offensive to students who don’t come from a “traditional” family. Perhaps he should have been depicted dropping the woman and child off at the social services department and skipping town. Last May, when Texas decided to bar Women’s Health Program funding from abortion providers, including Planned Parenthood, the Obama administration retaliated in March, deciding to withhold $40,000,000 the state received for its Medicaid program. Liberals in general have disdain for the idea that marriage is one of the most reliable antidotes for poverty as evidenced here and here. Their solution? More government spending on anti-poverty programs........."

Forum List

Back