Women leaving things behind

Nuc

Jul 10, 2005
Sydney, Australia
I had an argument with my wife yesterday and I want to get feedback on it. When we left the house, I found that I left my keys behind. Unfortunately she also did. The argument was, I told her I inadvertently left my keys behind (forgetfulness) whereas she leaves her keys behind as a policy when we go out together. When I thought about it I realized that she's not the only woman I've been with who does this. Even if they carry a purse they leave behind their money (this is perhaps understandable), identification, credit cards, keys.

Men, have you seen this behavior?

Women, do you do this and if so what is the point of it? What kind of pleasure do women get out of leaving the house without these items?

Nuc said:
I had an argument with my wife yesterday and I want to get feedback on it. When we left the house, I found that I left my keys behind. Unfortunately she also did. The argument was, I told her I inadvertently left my keys behind (forgetfulness) whereas she leaves her keys behind as a policy when we go out together. When I thought about it I realized that she's not the only woman I've been with who does this. Even if they carry a purse they leave behind their money (this is perhaps understandable), identification, credit cards, keys.

Women, do you do this and if so what is the point of it? What kind of pleasure do women get out of leaving the house without these items?

My wife leaves her keys at home a lot. I think it's because she thinks that as long as I have mine, she doesn't need hers.

(Disclaimer: I'm not taking sides in your domestic dispute! :D )

5stringJeff said:
My wife leaves her keys at home a lot. I think it's because she thinks that as long as I have mine, she doesn't need hers.

(Disclaimer: I'm not taking sides in your domestic dispute! :D )

That's true in most cases, but what if you lose or forget yours?

And why did you change your moniker? Have you abandoned the GOP or are you just celebrating your bass playing?

Nuc said:

Not all women do this.

Your wife does it just to piss you off..and because she can.

I don't carry a purse unless necessary (to hold make-up and other essential incidentals. :D ). I leave what I don't need at home. Easy enough?

Said1 said:
I don't carry a purse unless necessary (to hold make-up and other essential incidentals. :D ). I leave what I don't need at home. Easy enough?

Fine but she had a nice big purse with her. I think there's something psychological about it, like pleasure in being helpless.

Nuc said:
Fine but she had a nice big purse with her. I think there's something psychological about it, like pleasure in being helpless.

I empty my handbag (purse) for the following reasons:

a) I change it to match whatever I'm wearing that day

b) I take out all unnecessary items . . . like keys, umbrellas, credit cards if my hubby is along for the ride, that are heavy and will weigh me down. The lighter the better - bags can make your neck or shoulder ache after a while if too heavy!

And besides - isn't that the point of having a big strong man around? To save us from carrying all those things . . . . ;) ;) ;)

Nuc said:

Who know.

On the other hand, why would she need her keys if you had yours?

I know in my case, bringing keys always involves a search, so why bother if he has his?

I always take my keys & money with me... keys bc they go in the "key" pocket of my purse. This is where they belong. Money bc I hold the purse strings in our house--- literally AND figuratively.

I always have my keys. In fact, I have 2 sets of car keys on my keyring. Sometimes when someone needs something out of the vehicle, I remove one set & give those to them. That way if something happens, like they forget or lock them inside, I'm not left stranded. As far as money, you have to have some to carry some. :)

Nuc said:

Let me see if I can put this nicely...

<b><i>Oh, HELL NO.</i></b>

When I leave the house, my entire purse and its contents go with me. That means everything.

If I get angry, and decide to stomp off, I'll damn well have some way home. :D

Nuc said:
That's true in most cases, but what if you lose or forget yours?

And why did you change your moniker? Have you abandoned the GOP or are you just celebrating your bass playing?
Mine does it all the time...My solution is to have a spare house and car key in my wallet..then I can fuss at her for not being prepared, but we still get in. :halo:

EDIT: BTW I've only needed a spare key 3 times in 23 years.

I have a pocketbook type thing that organizes and holds all my cards, checks, and such. That goes in my handbag, along with keys and my palm pilot and cell phone. I also keep a few spare pens, travel perfume, those cool oral-b quick-brush things to freshen up if I need to, and at least $1 in change for a payphone if needed

I always carry keys with me, because Tim has a habit of misplacing his, or say if we take my car instead of his, I have the keyless entry on mine, because he lost his... :rolleyes: , so I keep mine with to unlock the car easier, esp now with 2 kids.

If we go somewhere like downtown to a concert or someplace where we will be walking a lot or just a place I want to have 2 hands available, I have a small ladies billfold that I put my ID and a few cards and any cash (like I ever have any!) in and either put it in my pocket or I use a small piece of elastic and tie it around my ankle under my sock or something.

Shattered said:
Let me see if I can put this nicely...

<b><i>Oh, HELL NO.</i></b>

When I leave the house, my entire purse and its contents go with me. That means everything.

If I get angry, and decide to stomp off, I'll damn well have some way home. :D

Maybe that's why some women leave their keys behind, to say, "We are not going to have an argument tonight and we are going home together." :dunno: :dunno:

Nuc said:
Maybe that's why some women leave their keys behind, to say, "We are not going to have an argument tonight and we are going home together." :dunno: :dunno:

awwww---Women aren't that devious. :D

Forum List

Back