Women just want the same rights as guns.

Why should he be able to force her to carry a child?

Can she force him to have a vasectomy? The dominion over one's own body cannot be usurped by another.
Didn't say he should be able to force her to carry a child. I just pointed out a double standard.

That being said, if the "clump of cells" isn't a real human person yet as the left claims, the man should be able file legal documents offering to pay for the woman to have an abortion or else the man is not responsible for the child if the woman decides to allow the "clump of cells" to develop into a human child and be born.

And don't give me "that's not doing what is in the best interest for the child" nonsense. Being terminated as a clump of cells isn't what is best for the child either.

Didn't say he should be able to force her to carry a child. I just pointed out a double standard.

That being said, if the "clump of cells" isn't a real human person yet as the left claims, the man should be able file legal documents offering to pay for the woman to have an abortion or else the man is not responsible for the child if the woman decides to allow the "clump of cells" to develop into a human child and be born.

And don't give me "that's not doing what is in the best interest for the child" nonsense. Being terminated as a clump of cells isn't what is best for the child either.

The thing is a fetus is not a legally recognized person until it is born so in the strictly legal sense which is all that really matters in this case the man has no responsibility of support before the child is born. And the same argument can be used for men as for women when it comes to responsibility. If he didn't want children he should have taken precautions.

There are also options for the father to sign away his legal parental rights after a child is born as well.

The thing is a fetus is not a legally recognized person until it is born so in the strictly legal sense which is all that really matters in this case the man has no responsibility of support before the child is born. And the same argument can be used for men as for women when it comes to responsibility. If he didn't want children he should have taken precautions.

There are also options for the father to sign away his legal parental rights after a child is born as well.
If the mother wishes to sue the father for child support, the father can not simply sign away his financial obligations for the child. I believe that the father should support the child. Once again, I'm simply pointing out the double standard. The woman gets a choice about the "clump of cells" and the man doesn't. The left tells the woman to get an abortion to avoid responsibility. The left tells the man to keep his pants zipped to avoid responsibility. The left freaks out if we say to the woman keep your pants zipped (or legs crossed... what ever).

If the mother wishes to sue the father for child support, the father can not simply sign away his financial obligations for the child. I believe that the father should support the child. Once again, I'm simply pointing out the double standard. The woman gets a choice about the "clump of cells" and the man doesn't. The left tells the woman to get an abortion to avoid responsibility. The left tells the man to keep his pants zipped to avoid responsibility. The left freaks out if we say to the woman keep your pants zipped (or legs crossed... what ever).
The choice is hers because those cells are part of her body.

The choice is hers because those cells are part of her body.
And to be consistent, the man should also have a choice while the cells are not a person (according to the left). Not to force the woman to have an abortion, but to legally document that he is not choosing for the woman to produce a person (which she has not yet) and if she does, the responsibility is on her not him. After all, the clump of cells is not a person and it's the woman that chooses to develop it into a person, not the man.

And to be consistent, the man should also have a choice while the cells are not a person (according to the left). Not to force the woman to have an abortion, but to legally document that he is not choosing for the woman to produce a person (which she has not yet) and if she does, the responsibility is on her not him. After all, the clump of cells is not a person and it's the woman that chooses to develop it into a person, not the man.
The absolutely last thing leftists want is consistency. Special interest groups get special privileges.

Forum List

Back