Woman steals back her own bike

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Woman 'steals' her bike back from thief - TODAY.com

After her $1,000 bicycle was stolen last week while locked up at the Olympic Village, Smith became despondent.

Then, when a friend noticed a Craigslist ad for a similar bike, selling for $300, she got mad.

Smith had contacted police but thought they might take too long to act.

"THIS GUY IS SELLING MY BIKE RIGHT NOW!!!" she wrote on the online site Reddit. "I am not missing this opportunity waiting for a call. So I jump into action."

Smith turned vigilante and set up a sting. She made arrangements to meet the seller at a local McDonald’s parking lot. She told the seller she needed a test drive. She said the man hesitated but warily let her try out the bike. That’s when Smith hopped on, started pedaling — and never returned.

Last edited:

After her $1,000 bicycle was stolen last week while locked up at the Olympic Village, Smith became despondent.

Then, when a friend noticed a Craigslist ad for a similar bike, selling for $300, she got mad.

"THIS GUY IS SELLING MY BIKE RIGHT NOW!!!" she wrote on the online site Reddit. "I am not missing this opportunity waiting for a call. So I jump into action."

Smith turned vigilante and set up a sting. She made arrangements to meet the seller at a local McDonald’s parking lot. She told the seller she needed a test drive. She said the man hesitated but warily let her try out the bike. That’s when Smith hopped on, started pedaling — and never returned.

If was actually her bike, she was retriving stolen property, and should purse charges against the thief.

If it ends up NOT being her bike after all.... uh oh....

If was actually her bike, she was retriving stolen property, and should purse charges against the thief.

I bet the thief is still saying.....That bitch stole my bike

I bet the thief is still saying.....That bitch stole my bike

Considering he didnt go running to the cops, I have a feeling he knows exactly what happened.

Forum List

Back