Woman picks up rattlesnake thinking it was dogs toy.

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013

Yeah, that will wake you up in the morning. Baby rattlesnakes a lot more dangerous than the adult rattlesnakes.

Often times adult rattlesnake give a warning bite, cause they do not want to spend their venom. The adults are able to control it. Babies can't.

Anyway, funny reaction. Understandable reaction, but funny.

I have black snakes living in my garage. The garage is detached so I don't mind if they kill the mice so I let them be, usually. The last one I saw was about 6 feet long and about 2-3 inches in diameter. A bit scary but they don't seem much interested in people. But what it has done is make me worry about snakes. I am sure their are copperheads around I just have never seen one really don't wish to. I had a bag of wood clippings in the garageI was going to use for mulch. When I emptied the bags there were 13 snake eggs in the bag, all hatched.

One time I was returning from work and it was midnight. I cut through the yard and saw a "hose" laying in the yard. I put my foot on it wondering why a "hose" was laying in the yard. i later changed my undies when I realized it wasn't a "hose."

I have black snakes living in my garage. The garage is detached so I don't mind if they kill the mice so I let them be, usually. The last one I saw was about 6 feet long and about 2-3 inches in diameter. A bit scary but they don't seem much interested in people. But what it has done is make me worry about snakes. I am sure their are copperheads around I just have never seen one really don't wish to. I had a bag of wood clippings in the garageI was going to use for mulch. When I emptied the bags there were 13 snake eggs in the bag, all hatched.

One time I was returning from work and it was midnight. I cut through the yard and saw a "hose" laying in the yard. I put my foot on it wondering why a "hose" was laying in the yard. i later changed my undies when I realized it wasn't a "hose."

/---- having come within striking distance of a water moccasin as a teen, I have a healthy respect for snakes.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

/---- having come within striking distance of a water moccasin as a teen, I have a healthy respect for snakes.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
I think it a good thing that snakes don't usually strike unless stepped on. I am pretty sure they are everywhere, we just don't see them, nor want to.

When I was a kid we would take machetes, garden hoes and axes and follow behind the big mower and kill the snakes coming out of the tall grass. Edit: These were almost all water moccasins.

I remember once one got away and we chased it to a neighbors yard where she came out with a broom stick and killed it.

Last edited:
When I was a kid we would take machetes, garden hoes and axes and follow behind the big mower and kill the snakes coming out of the tall grass.

I remember once one got away and we chased it to a neighbors yard where she came out with a broom stick and killed it.
Why?

When I was a kid we would take machetes, garden hoes and axes and follow behind the big mower and kill the snakes coming out of the tall grass.

Why?
I forgot to mention that they were water moccasin, but generally I am with St Patrik on snakes.

Why?
I forgot to mention that they were water moccasin, but generally I am with St Patrik on snakes.
Hmmm, I thought water Moccasins lived........in or by the water.

1) who was filming it? the camera was moving to track it
2) the "snake" never moved while someone was approaching it nor after being picked up.

didn't seem so anyway. :)

1) who was filming it? the camera was moving to track it
2) the "snake" never moved while someone was approaching it nor after being picked up.

didn't seem so anyway. :)

That would be a great gag/prank.

Coil up two thick wires so that when touched they untangle and wiggle.

Insert them in a rubber snake skin and hide and watch the fun

Why?
Hmmm, I thought water Moccasins lived........in or by the water.
/---- Hmmmmm I forgot to spell it out - I was in the water at the time.

Forum List

Back