Woman calls Bush 'bastard,' Hillary Clinton smiles

Angel Heart

Conservative Hippie
Jul 6, 2007
Portland, Oregon
http://weblogs.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/blog/2008/02/woman_calls_bush_bastard_hilla.html

Woman calls Bush 'bastard,' Hillary Clinton smiles
by Glenn Thrush

BRIDGETON, Mo. -- An elderly lady in the audience at Hillary Clinton's town hall outside of St. Louis prefaced a question about a rumored U.S.-Mexico-Canada economic union this morning by saying "Bush the bastard..."

Hillary smiled, head bobbing slightly, and didn't say a word in dissent. The crowd roared in approval.

The woman, speaking during a question-and-answer session focused on trade competition and pocketbook issues, asked about a widely-circulated conspiracy theory that President Bush was pushing for the creation of a North American "Amero" currency that would replace the greenback dollar.

"He has this all planned for 2010," the questioner said of Bush.

"Let me say that I've heard that story and there's not a lot of truth to it," Clinton responded, adding that if it was real she would kill it in a "bird-dog minute."

The Amero idea was first floated 1999 by Canadian economist Herbert G. Grubel to emulate the euro and is a favorite topic of conspiracy theorists.

Clinton, her voice raspy and ragged from a cold and ceaseless campaigning, seemed exhausted -- answering a question about gays in the military with a long dissertation on No Child Left Behind and education policy.

For the third consecutive event, an audience member swooned in a hot, stuffy, jammed hall, and needed to be roused by paramedics

What if this had happened at a Republican gathering? What if one of the right wingers said "the bitch Hillary"? The left would be all up in arms. If the Republican didn't condemn their calling her that, they would be reamed too. But this wasn't something I found on the front page or the political page. I had to catch it as a sub-article on a very little read site.

The press is so clearly slanted.

What if this had happened at a Republican gathering? What if one of the right wingers said "the bitch Hillary"? The left would be all up in arms. If the Republican didn't condemn their calling her that, they would be reamed too. But this wasn't something I found on the front page or the political page. I had to catch it as a sub-article on a very little read site.

What if this had happened at a Republican gathering?

It did, and it has. Hillary clinton was called a "bitch" at a McCain rally, and I McCain "smiled".

Bush's Mom has called Hillary a bitch. Republicans routinely call her a bitch.

Thing was it was reported.

Why is it that I can find video of McCain but can't find them of Hillary and this? In the McCain video his smile isn't one of pleasure. It's a very uneasy smile. He chuckles about it and in the end says he has respect for her. Do you think Clinton did the same? Did she in the end say she respects at least that he's our current pres? I doubt it.

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WLQGWpRVA7o&rel=1&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WLQGWpRVA7o&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

I think he should of taken it a step farther and said something along the lines of "I understand your passion for this election cycle but language like that doesn't belong in the discussion." He might not of gone that far but at least showed respect to Hillary in his comments.

And as I remember the McCain "bitch" situation..there were many people who came on the news commentary shows to complain that he should have come straight forward and stated that the person who made the comment shouldn't be calling names.

Come on. Even us Democrats know that Hillary is a b*tch. That is what makes her tough!

Face it! If you were a woman married to Bill, you'd be a b*tch also!

haha, you're an idiot. Hillary was called a bitch and McCain just laughed along. So much for your liberal media typical bullshit that you guys love to spoon feed each other.

Let me see, war, deficits, healthcare, unemployment, poverty, foreclosures, smile... oh, yea, 'smile' that is the important thing. Thanks

But Bush is a bastard.

Why is it that I can find video of McCain but can't find them of Hillary and this? In the McCain video his smile isn't one of pleasure. It's a very uneasy smile. He chuckles about it and in the end says he has respect for her. Do you think Clinton did the same? Did she in the end say she respects at least that he's our current pres? I doubt it.

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WLQGWpRVA7o&rel=1&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WLQGWpRVA7o&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

I think he should of taken it a step farther and said something along the lines of "I understand your passion for this election cycle but language like that doesn't belong in the discussion." He might not of gone that far but at least showed respect to Hillary in his comments.
Why? Most of America feels the same way about Bush, that he is the worst president ever and that he is a bastard. His administration has caused more harm to our country and weakened our security.

Come on. Even us Democrats know that Hillary is a b*tch. That is what makes her tough!

Face it! If you were a woman married to Bill, you'd be a b*tch also!

It's the "n" word double-standard.

And if I was married to Hillary, I'd have more and LOTS better looking girlfriends than Bill.:cool:

We had all that during the Clinton years as well. Your point?

That's a load of crap. The Clinton administration was a era of relative peace and prosperity for America. No large scale invasions of other countries... and hardly any economic problems compared to now. You can't possibly believe Bush has done a better/comparable job than Clinton.

Forum List

Back