Witness To Jan 6 Commission Pleads 5th Amendment, Tells then Nothing

Viktor

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2013
Southern California
Personally, I like the fact they're taking the Fifth.

7tXE998.jpg

That's Ok. I would be willing to bet that committee has all the information they need. Just going through the procedure of giving these people a chance to tell their story...before they get the hammer dropped on them. McConnell knows what's coming. They are slowly tightening the cord around Trump's closest supporters. Get out your popcorn. This is gonna be fun.

That's Ok. I would be willing to bet that committee has all the information they need. Just going through the procedure of giving these people a chance to tell their story...before they get the hammer dropped on them. McConnell knows what's coming. They are slowly tightening the cord around Trump's closest supporters. Get out your popcorn. This is gonna be fun.
Yeah, his comments have been interesting. He doesn't say a word that doesn't have a purpose. I'm wondering if he's looking at this as his best shot to rid the party (and the country) of this whole orange stain.

As for those taking the Fifth? Holy crap, has any group of people ever gone out of their way to look more guilty? All this does is keep the microscope on this whole thing. Sounds pretty good to me.

So you are opposed to their constitutional rights? You are a disloyal asshole.
Did I say anything remotely like that? Taking the fifth is an admission of guilt and that your testimony will only serve to further incriminate yourself.

Personally, I like the fact they're taking the Fifth.

7tXE998.jpg

Well that's ignorant. If the Fifth Amendment is an admission of guilt, then why is it even in the Constitution?

Good on them for invoking their Fifth Amendment Constitutional right. They are allowed to tell the government to go fuck themselves, as should you do too.

Did I say anything remotely like that? Taking the fifth is an admission of guilt and that your testimony will only serve to further incriminate yourself.
Sure. Thats reality. If I say " love my wife"..someone will say "his wife is white so he must hate black women"
I pity your parents

Well that's ignorant. If the Fifth Amendment is an admission of guilt, then why is it even in the Constitution?

Good on them for invoking their Fifth Amendment Constitutional right. They are allowed to tell the government to go fuck themselves, as should you do too.
Sounds good! Keep it up!

And I didn't know you think Trump is ignorant! Cool! When did you finally figure that out?

Last edited:
Trump ally Roger Stone pleads the Fifth in deposition with January 6 committee - KTVZ

Two others also said they will also take the 5th and say nothing.

If they force Steve Bannon and Mark Meadows to testify, I predict they will also tell them nothing.

The Democrats are too stupid to understand that it is useless to call witnesses who don't want to cooperate
No, just giving them a chance.
Then when others rat on them, they will get the fullest punishment from the DOJ.

Nice try. Taking the 5th is used so an adversary can not spin your words and use those words to incriminate you.
You are clueless to reality....OR....you ignore reality, I pity your parents.
You cannot be compelled to testify under oath if it will only serve to incriminate yourself. That's what it means.

Nice try. Taking the 5th is used so an adversary can not spin your words and use those words to incriminate you.
No shit, some of the replies here makes me wonder if civics is even taught in school anymore?

Well shit, after a quick search it does not appear to be and has not been taught for some time now. I should have figured that would be the first thing the dems got rid of in public education.

You cannot be compelled to testify under oath if it will only serve to incriminate yourself. That's what it means.
Is that how you interpret it?
Truth is, ' you can not be compelled to testy in court if one can use it to incriminate you"

And the truth is, as I said earlier...If I were to say I love my wife, the prosecutor can ask if my wife is white...and when I say yes, he can ask if I have an issue with black women. And if I say no, he can then ask if I ever dated a black woman. And if I say no, he can then continue with the narrative that I hate black women.
And if I were on trial for the death of a black woman due to a car accident, I am toast.

THAT is why we have the 5th amendment.

That also means you can't testify in your defense either.
So, what are you going to do?
Let your lawyer speak for you?

Forum List

Back