Without education, what kind of jobs will be available to young Americans?

If it was conclusive, it would be called the Law of Evolution.

I think you have no idea what you're talking about.

I think you lack the ability to question that which you hold as sacred. First you are telling me that it is based on something that is accepted as truth. Then you tell me that it isn't conclusive but I should treat it as something that is almost conclusive but not quite. I think you cannot elloquently argue your point, likely do to a lack of real familiarity with the subject, so you make broad generalizations and don't deal with any of the topics I present. Instead you look for me to make syntactical errors and exploit them. Have fun with that.

Mike

It's not about syntax. Words have meaning. Especially in the Scientific Community. Saying that a Theory is "just a theory" and saying it's not "conclusive", clearly shows you don't know what you're talking about. Or you do, but you're using this as a veiled attempt to attack Science, like may others do. Regardless, my point has been proved now multiple times just within this thread.

So, since there is now a CLEARLY established fight against Education, both in this thread and in this country, care to answer the original question?

Without an education, what kind of jobs will be available?

There you go again. "I'm going to state a rule then we must have a discussion assuming my rule is true".

You clearly missed my point. Words DO have meaning, you are correct. Its funny though. My questioning a theory is somehow "against" science. I don't think you understand science at all. The essence of science is questioning what we assume to be true. Newton and Einstein both "attacked" science. Turns out they are right.

Mike

Its funny though. My questioning a theory is somehow "against" science.

But you're not "questioning", you're attacking. You're not saying "This Theory said that X would happen and instead Y happened. Why is that? What caused that? Lets find out." You're saying that because a Theory isn't a Law that means there are holes in it and we should therefore look at entirely different ideas instead. If a Theory is right 95% of the time, look at that 5%. Question that 5%. Don't turn your back and run to Religion for answers. That's not Science.

"Evolution"

Again. You can represent it however you like but it is a theory. If you are all for the "scientific process" then you will understand that the "theory" of Evolution is in the same stage as the "theory" of Intelligent Design. Both have been tested and both have proponents. The fact that you happen to agree with Evolution doesn't make it any more or less valid to the guy after you. The same goes for Intelligent Design.
I don't know if I want to go down this road because it might steal the thread but...

You are completely incorrect here. Evolution IS a valid theory and has mountains of evidence for it. That is why it is taught in schools. It belongs there. ID is NOT a valid scientific theory and currently contains zero evidence. In reality, it is not even a valid scientific hypothesis as it requires supernatural elements that are outside the preview of science in the first place. If you want to talk about possible ID by other sources like ET's or something on that line you would then have a valid scientific hypothesis as crazy as you may be. That hypothesis does not belong anywhere near the science class though. Plain and simple, ID does not belong in science as it is not nor will it ever be science.

Now, if you were fighting to have issues that are unresolved in the theory of evolution to be taught more vigorously, then that I could understand. However, at this point, ID is little more than an attempt at religious followers wanting their views established in school where they do not belong.
We all agree that education is a mess but we don't agree on what to do. There are three kinds of people in the world:

1. People who watch what happens and reports(47.5%)

2. People who wonder what happened and do nothing (47.5%)

3. People who make things happen (5%)

The question is which are you, I have not read one suggestion of how to fix it just who to blame for it. Looks like 1 or 2 for most of you.
I'll give you one fix, allow for vouchers both within the public realm and the private one. Even simply allowing vouchers between public institution and excluding any private schools would be a huge step in the right direction. Allow parents the ability to have an active role in their children's educations would allow poorer families access to much better education stifling the rot that keeps people at the bottom.

So, since there is now a CLEARLY established fight against Education, both in this thread and in this country, care to answer the original question?

Without an education, what kind of jobs will be available?
You have not shown anything that even closely relates to an attack on education at all. You have shown ONE SMALL attack on a SINGLE scientific theory that is only attacked because it disagrees with two MILLENNIA of established religious doctrine. If you think that was not going to happen, that long held beliefs in a 6000 year old earth would simply vanish overnight, you are being a naive idiot. There needs to be time, lots more than you think as well, for people to come to terms and meld their religions beliefs with scientific realities. That push (to get ID in schools) has no impact on education as education will still push forward even if ID replaced evolution. Further, ID has never came close to the classroom on anything that would represent a significant issue. There is no fight there. Everywhere it is tried it fails miserably and it will continue to fail until the grater population begins to understand that evolution has no bearing on religion and the two can coexist without problem.

You have not shown anything that even closely relates to an attack on education at all. You have shown ONE SMALL attack on a SINGLE scientific theory that is only attacked because it disagrees with two MILLENNIA of established religious doctrine.

I actually listed 4 examples. 5 if you count Logic. Evolution has dominated the thread ever since because people like to yell about that. I think that if you add these examples to the obvious, nationwide push to cut funding for Education, I think we can safely say there is a fight against Education. Maybe not a massive fight, sure, but clearly there is a country-wide push against Education.

You even acknowledge! You said "There is no fight there. Everywhere it is tried it fails miserably " No fight? Or a fight that has failed? It can't be both. Personally, I agree with you that, so far, it is a fight that has largely failed. But it has also had limited successes. And what happens if it has a big success? What happens to jobs and the country then?

You have not shown anything that even closely relates to an attack on education at all. You have shown ONE SMALL attack on a SINGLE scientific theory that is only attacked because it disagrees with two MILLENNIA of established religious doctrine.

I actually listed 4 examples. 5 if you count Logic. Evolution has dominated the thread ever since because people like to yell about that. I think that if you add these examples to the obvious, nationwide push to cut funding for Education, I think we can safely say there is a fight against Education. Maybe not a massive fight, sure, but clearly there is a country-wide push against Education.

You even acknowledge! You said "There is no fight there. Everywhere it is tried it fails miserably " No fight? Or a fight that has failed? It can't be both. Personally, I agree with you that, so far, it is a fight that has largely failed. But it has also had limited successes. And what happens if it has a big success? What happens to jobs and the country then?
I was quite precise, there is no fight against education because that fight is NOT against education but what should be taught. If you want to be specific with the fight against ID, there is a debate there and the ID side is like an ant trying to fight am elephant. There may be a fight there but it is not worth any time because it has no chance of happening. Your supposition that there is a fight against education, on the other hand, is based on nothing.

Again, you have established no such fight. In your examples you have also failed to show how they are fights also. Where is our fight against history? Are you calling the reorganization of history curricula in Texas a fight against history? Most see it as bettering the curricula. If it is not accomplishing that, give specifics of places that it damaged the curricula.

Climate change??? What the hell does that have to do with education. It is not in the classroom and has no place there as of yet.

Stem cell research??? Again, what the hell does that have to do with education.

You have failed to give ONE instance where there is a fight against education so...
ESTABLISH THAT FACT. We are waiting.

The left has so diseased the public education system that nobody in their right mind would send their kids to a public school. I know I didn't let mine near it.

I was quite precise, there is no fight against education because that fight is NOT against education but what should be taught. If you want to be specific with the fight against ID, there is a debate there and the ID side is like an ant trying to fight am elephant. There may be a fight there but it is not worth any time because it has no chance of happening. Your supposition that there is a fight against education, on the other hand, is based on nothing.

Again, you have established no such fight. In your examples you have also failed to show how they are fights also. Where is our fight against history? Are you calling the reorganization of history curricula in Texas a fight against history? Most see it as bettering the curricula. If it is not accomplishing that, give specifics of places that it damaged the curricula.

Climate change??? What the hell does that have to do with education. It is not in the classroom and has no place there as of yet.

Stem cell research??? Again, what the hell does that have to do with education.

You have failed to give ONE instance where there is a fight against education so...
ESTABLISH THAT FACT. We are waiting.

"Education" is their way of indoctrinating the young into believing their crackpot theories and ideologies... like AGW.

They're nothing but a bunch of statists.... ands they know people have caught on... finally.

It has become obvious that ones experience and education has less to do with qualifying for an
employment position, and more so obvious how much crap one is willing to take from the employer
that will qualify the applicant. That says where we are headed.

There was work to do before education became available in mass to the people. I doubt work is going to disappear if somehow people stopped being educated.

I think what we need to do is stop pretending degrees and our system is education. Education is so much more than a piece of paper and going to a college.

Where are these factions/groups/movements that Rdean continually warns us about? I've yet to see anyone admonish the virtues of higher education. Are these mysterious visions manifesting themselves in the deep recesses of Rdeans subconscious?

Rdean, what are you trying to learn us?

Where are these factions/groups/movements that Rdean continually warns us about? I've yet to see anyone admonish the virtues of higher education. Are these mysterious visions manifesting themselves in the deep recesses of Rdeans subconscious?

Rdean, what are you trying to learn us?

:eusa_shhh:

He is demonstrating to us that he has a higher education.....

Its funny though. My questioning a theory is somehow "against" science.

But you're not "questioning", you're attacking. You're not saying "This Theory said that X would happen and instead Y happened. Why is that? What caused that? Lets find out." You're saying that because a Theory isn't a Law that means there are holes in it and we should therefore look at entirely different ideas instead. If a Theory is right 95% of the time, look at that 5%. Question that 5%. Don't turn your back and run to Religion for answers. That's not Science.

Actually, you are the one who is decided on what is right and wrong. I merely pointed out that there are problems with the THEORY of Evolution. You don't like that. There are problems with everything from the way it was arrived at to the testing methods. And you should probably read what I actually write before you respond. Find one place where I advocated FOR evolution OR ID. I said they both have problems.

Next, yes, if there are problesm then we should look at entirely different ideas. We should revise the ones we have and look at new ideas. No amount of tweaking the world being flat was going to make it correct. How do you say that you have any appreciation for science? Seriously. Because I dare espouse the idea that we should not jump to conclusions and deem a Theory into law that suddenly I'm some sort of religious lunatic. How do you ever expect to hold intelligent discourse with anyone who disagrees with you? Seriously? This is a tired exercise, go play with another brainwashed person who is stuck in his ideology. You can say yes and no and argue with him and you will both be happy. I'm done trying to have a serious discussion with you, your mind is made not only about the debate but about me.

Mike

Some in this country are fighting education. Especially science. Without an education, what kind of jobs will be available? Or don't people care?

If you were serious about objecting to the state of education, you'd be complaining about the left, who insist that feelings are more important than grades, that self-esteem takes precedence over learning, and that no one can be a winner because that means there must be losers.

The left is dominated by emotionalism. If you want real education, turn it over to conservatives.

Some in this country are fighting education. Especially science. Without an education, what kind of jobs will be available? Or don't people care?
Grass cutter, car washer, military meathead, cop, wackin off at Wackenhut, Walmart shelf stocker.
The murkin dream.
Don't you pick up shit for a living, or am I confusing you with another incoherent leftist?

If you were serious about objecting to the state of education, you'd be complaining about the left, who insist that feelings are more important than grades, that self-esteem takes precedence over learning, and that no one can be a winner because that means there must be losers.

The left is dominated by emotionalism. If you want real education, turn it over to conservatives.

Yes, let us all be Republican Fembots! No emotions, low self esteem only!

Yes, let us all be Republican Fembots! No emotions, low self esteem only!
Welcome to USMB. Quit being an idiot.

"Without education, what kind of jobs will be available to young Americans?"

Community organizer, President, congressman...

How about an education grounded in reality?

Not the kinda bullsqueeze they are getting now where they are taught to rely on government rather than themselves as individuals...and especially an education that doesn't do brain damage as it has to YOU in particuliar rderp.

You are welcome back in the REAL universe anytime you admit to yourself that YOU are living a lie.

Forum List

Back