Without education, what kind of jobs will be available to young Americans?

Why are you guys falling into this diversion?

This has nothing to do with anything that's currently going on. It's obvious that dean can't wrap is little mind around real issues.

A question about jobs and what jobs will be available in the future and you think that has nothing to do with what's currently going on?

Wow.

Dean doesn't care about discussing jobs and you know it.

This thread isn't about jobs. If it was we would be discussing how jobs get created.

This thread is about Dean getting under the skin of those he dislikes. Nothing more.

That fact that you can't see that is.....WOW

rdean asked the question based on the fact that some people want to cut spending on education.

Uhm, if he wanted to ask about cuts in spending for education, I think he would have asked about cuts in spending for education. There are many in this country waging a war on Education as a concept, and Science in particular. Trying to re-write history text books or trying to force Intelligent Design into schools as hard science, has nothing to do with spending cuts.

So why do it?

there are many?

I dont think many.

Off the top of my head:

Climate Change
Evolution
Stem Cell Research
American History

Have all come under attack in recent years. Not to mention the basic idea of Logic has pretty much been tossed out the window by anyone the Right. But not so much the specifics is what's the problem, but the fact that these attacks attack the process.

For example, many "conservatives" like to attack the Theory of Evolution, saying "Well, it's just a theory. I have a theory too." They don't want to acknowledge that in the Scientific Community, a Theory has weight. It's been tested and has evidence supporting it. It's been upgraded from a Hypothesis (remember that word?). Calling "Intelligent Design" a "Theory" the same as the Theory of Evolution, is an attack on the Scientific Process.

If this keeps up, the Chinese will be inventing everything and we will be working for them.

Some in this country are fighting education. Especially science. Without an education, what kind of jobs will be available? Or don't people care?

ohh.. fighting education...

You mean like the dumb as rocks kids who drop out and could care less about an education or a job?

Do you mean fighting education in terms the parents who don't give a shit about helping their children and leave it all on the teachers to do the educating?

Do you mean money being spent on sports programs instead of real education?

Do you mean the idea you don't need a job or education, welfare will take care of you?

Do you mean that teachers being made into cops and not educators?

:eusa_whistle:

Just something to think about dean. Not all jobs require an education.

I just want to say this because it's absolutely true.

The less educated the society, the less they can compete on a global scale.

Education goes, the United States goes. Other countries will effortlessly pass us because we won't be able to remain ahead when we are so far behind.

This has nothing to do with anything that's currently going on. It's obvious that dean can't wrap is little mind around real issues.

A question about jobs and what jobs will be available in the future and you think that has nothing to do with what's currently going on?

Wow.

The question was asked in a manner that it forces people to concede something that is not true. See if you follow this example.

"With gay people wanting to force a homosexual lifestyle on heterosexuals why do support gay marriage?"

The first part of the question is not true. By answering the question without addressing the conditional it appears that you are conceding the first part of the question. If you ask good questions then you will get good answers. If you ask rhetorical questions and implant half truth into the question then you must debate the merits of the question before you can argue the answer to the question. Difficult to grasp?

Mike

Education goes, the United States goes. Other countries will effortlessly pass us because we won't be able to remain ahead when we are so far behind.

well...that is a given.

If we make it illegal to eat food, all will likely die.

But who wants to eliminate education?

I dont understand this thread at all.

Wow.

The question was asked in a manner that it forces people to concede something that is not true. See if you follow this example.

"With gay people wanting to force a homosexual lifestyle on heterosexuals why do support gay marriage?"

The first part of the question is not true. By answering the question without addressing the conditional it appears that you are conceding the first part of the question. If you ask good questions then you will get good answers. If you ask rhetorical questions and implant half truth into the question then you must debate the merits of the question before you can argue the answer to the question. Difficult to grasp?

Mike

So I will start a new thread...

How will America survive if we make it illegal to eat...

I just dont get this thread at all....if it wasnt about what I assujmed it was (cutting education budgets)...then what the hell is the whole premise of the thread?

Not all jobs require an education.

But clearly some do. Will those jobs still be there, for Americans, a generation from now after we've had decades of fighting against Education?

I don't see anyone fighting against education.

What i see is parental apathy in motivating THEIR children to do better. There was a time when parents would fight tooth and nail that their children did better then they did in life. Now... no one cares. Children are given everything they want the instant they want it. Working hard for something is no longer something the parents or children grasp.

So long as other countries are hungrier and more motivated then we are..... we will never get back on top.

As far as i can see... there is no lack of jobs. The jobs that are there are full. There is a glut of educated people.

Wow.

Mike

Not at all difficult to grasp. But I think you're debating something that is already proven. Clearly there are people in this country fighting against Education, and I'm not talking about funding. Without an Education, your job prospects are limited. That's a fact.

So the question is valid. What kind of jobs will be available?

So I will start a new thread...

How will America survive if we make it illegal to eat...

I just dont get this thread at all....if it wasnt about what I assujmed it was (cutting education budgets)...then what the hell is the whole premise of the thread?

What is to get...its an rdean thread.

well...that is a given.

If we make it illegal to eat food, all will likely die.

But who wants to eliminate education?

I dont understand this thread at all.

Dean doesn't care if you understand it. He just wants to change the subject from the current events of the day. He wants the Democrats abstract failures to be ignored.

Wake up people!

Hell wasn't it obvious when he posed a bullshit question then never came back?

Wake up

But clearly some do. Will those jobs still be there, for Americans, a generation from now after we've had decades of fighting against Education?

What i see is parental apathy in motivating THEIR children to do better. There was a time when parents would fight tooth and nail that their children did better then they did in life. Now... no one cares. Children are given everything they want the instant they want it. Working hard for something is no longer something the parents or children grasp.

So long as other countries are hungrier and more motivated then we are..... we will never get back on top.

As far as i can see... there is no lack of jobs. The jobs that are there are full. There is a glut of educated people.

yes...your last line is quite accurate.

technology is eliminating the jobs for the less educated.

Voice mail eliminates operators and receptionists
email eliminates mailroom personnel
CNC eliminates manual machinists

and in the meantime, more and more people are going to college.

SO now we have a large supply of college degreed people.

Wow.

Mike

Not at all difficult to grasp. But I think you're debating something that is already proven. Clearly there are people in this country fighting against Education, and I'm not talking about funding. Without an Education, your job prospects are limited. That's a fact.

So the question is valid. What kind of jobs will be available?

I will ask again...except for some small minority hidden in the hills of Montana....who is fighting education?

You say many....but you wont answer my question.

Who??

That's because you're choosing not to see it.

Creation and evolution in public education - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Multiple examples of attacks on the Theory of Evolution. Some over turned, some not.

yes...your last line is quite accurate.

technology is eliminating the jobs for the less educated.

Voice mail eliminates operators and receptionists
email eliminates mailroom personnel
CNC eliminates manual machinists

and in the meantime, more and more people are going to college.

SO now we have a large supply of college degreed people.

I personally think we are getting to the point where there are alot of people but not enough jobs, like you said without an education there really isn't that much out there for you anymore, even the Military are cutting positions and its not that easy to just go and sign up like it was before. It looks like in the future unless you have a education in a critical field, life will be very dark for you.

We have been throwing money at education for years and it is still going down hill. Parents blame the schools and teachers when in fact they aren't teaching their kids anything. Just look at how kids act out in public and the parent say nothing. I got my butt beat when I acting up in a store or restaurant. Personal responsibility has disappeared. Today if I have manual skills, diesel mechanic, electrician, plumber, HVAC and other you can get a job today. A handful of stupid scientist gave us Global Warming, a complete fabrication that has cost this country billions, let hear it for the scientist. You want to know the truth about Global Warming call me and I will tell you for free and it will be worth what you paid. NOTHING

That's because you're choosing not to see it.

Creation and evolution in public education - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Multiple examples of attacks on the Theory of Evolution. Some over turned, some not.

oh....I see....

Never mind. I am trying to debate someone who is all wrapped up in the far wing rhetoric.

Forum List

Back