With swoop on Islamic State compound, U.S. commandos seek to disrupt financing

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
You have to give those Delta Force units lots of credit.

Source: Reuters - Sat, 16 May 2015 20:59 GMT
Author: Reuters

By Matt Spetalnick and Phil Stewart

WASHINGTON, May 16 (Reuters) - After weeks of planning and surveillance focused on a compound near the oilfields of eastern Syria, elite American commandos were finally given the green light to swoop in on their target - an Islamic State commander considered to have acted as the group's "chief financial officer."

Mounting a rare raid in a war-ravaged country where U.S. President Barack Obama has long been reluctant to commit "boots on the ground," the Delta Force unit flew in from Iraq under cover of darkness in the early hours of Saturday on Black Hawk helicopters and Osprey tilt-rotor aircraft.

Their objective, according to U.S. officials: to capture alive a Tunisian-born militant leader, Abu Sayyaf, believed responsible for overseeing the group's black-market sales of oil and gas and other financial operations to help fund a brutal Jihadist campaign that has seized swathes of Syria and Iraq.

Continue reading at:

With swoop on Islamic State compound U.S. commandos seek to disrupt financing?

WASHINGTON, May 16 (Reuters) - After weeks of planning and surveillance focused on a compound near the oilfields of eastern Syria, elite American commandos were finally given the green light to swoop in on their target - an Islamic State commander considered to have acted as the group's "chief financial officer."

Mounting a rare raid in a war-ravaged country where U.S. President Barack Obama has long been reluctant to commit "boots on the ground," the Delta Force unit flew in from Iraq under cover of darkness in the early hours of Saturday on Black Hawk helicopters and Osprey tilt-rotor aircraft.

Their objective, according to U.S. officials: to capture alive a Tunisian-born militant leader, Abu Sayyaf, believed responsible for overseeing the group's black-market sales of oil and gas and other financial operations to help fund a brutal Jihadist campaign that has seized swathes of Syria and Iraq.

Continue reading at:

Continue reading at:

And?? ..... :cool:

Will the US continue to destroy Syria´s infrastructure under the pretext of fighting ISIS, which it funds and arms itself?

try again Captain Blei----the US has several enemies --over there-------both Isis and the disgusting Baathist pig---assad

Will the US continue to destroy Syria´s infrastructure under the pretext of fighting ISIS, which it funds and arms itself?

try again Captain Blei----the US has several enemies --over there-------both Isis and the disgusting Baathist pig---assad
Why is Syria an enemy of the US? What did Syria to the US?

Syria is an ally of Iran and supportive of the HEZBOLLA SCUM who are fomenting world war III-----in the levant for the glory of IRAN and the BAATHIST PIGS who have decided to ally themselves with that filth-----attacks on Saudi Arabia have already begun---the purpose of which is capture of the black turd of mecca and control of the whole stinking UMMAH-----hundreds of thousands already lie dead in the dust for the filth you lick

Syria is an ally of Iran and supportive of the HEZBOLLA SCUM who are fomenting world war III-----in the levant for the glory of IRAN and the BAATHIST PIGS who have decided to ally themselves with that filth-----attacks on Saudi Arabia have already begun---the purpose of which is capture of the black turd of mecca and control of the whole stinking UMMAH-----hundreds of thousands already lie dead in the dust for the filth you lick
Can´t you answer a simple question? WHAT THE FUCK DID SYRIA TO THE US!

Syria threatens WORLD DECENCY----just as did your hero ADOLF-----in fact----as did your hero STINKING PIG ASSAD.
-----the US does not need an attack on US soil to find shit like you an "ENEMY". I regret, very much, that the US did not find the filthy pigs of NIGERIA who murdered more than a million biafran children in 1971 to be ENEMIES and I regret, very much, that the US did not find POL POT to be an enemy-----sitting around when filthy like you go into action---is EVIL. Hezbollah is an enemy to ALL THAT IS DECENT IN THE WORLD

Syria threatens WORLD DECENCY----just as did your hero ADOLF-----in fact----as did your hero STINKING PIG ASSAD.
-----the US does not need an attack on US soil to find shit like you an "ENEMY". I regret, very much, that the US did not find the filthy pigs of NIGERIA who murdered more than a million biafran children in 1971 to be ENEMIES and I regret, very much, that the US did not find POL POT to be an enemy-----sitting around when filthy like you go into action---is EVIL. Hezbollah is an enemy to ALL THAT IS DECENT IN THE WORLD
I think it is just the Zionist filth that made an world oppressing dictatorship out of the friendly United States. Without the Zionist rule in America, its medias and politics, things will calm down. The people will understand that the Zionist driven wars on the world did not have anything to do with liberating people and bringing freedom.

I think it is just the Zionist filth that made an world oppressing dictatorship out of the friendly United States. Without the Zionist rule in America, its medias and politics, things will calm down. The people will understand that the Zionist driven wars on the world did not have anything to do with liberating people and bringing freedom.

right------I know-----IT'S DA JOOOOOS------I read your propaganda as a child------DA JOOOOOS invented cholera.
The "DA JOOOOS" concept infects your world to the extent that even today-------the islamo Nazi scum of Pakistan blame the
genocide that took place in east Bengal-----in 1971---on
DA JOOOOOOS. No idiocy is too IDIOTIC for islamo-Nazi pigs.----------do those hemorrhoids with which DA JOOOOS
inflicted you -----ITCH today?

right------I know-----IT'S DA JOOOOOS------I read your propaganda as a child------DA JOOOOOS invented cholera.
The "DA JOOOOS" concept infects your world to the extent that even today-------the islamo Nazi scum of Pakistan blame the
DA JOOOOOOS. No idiocy is too IDIOTIC for islamo-Nazi pigs.----------do those hemorrhoids with which DA JOOOOS
You know, it is only funny with a z at the end.

typical islamo Nazi pig sense of humor-----still dancing on the dead bodies of two million biafran babies.......and two million hindu kids--------and---MORE AND MORE TO COME

typical islamo Nazi pig sense of humor-----still dancing on the dead bodies of two million biafran babies.......and two million hindu kids--------and---MORE AND MORE TO COME
Who? You?

Who? You?

you and your fellow islamo/Nazi/Baathist/Hezbollah pigs ------the AXIS of the 21st century. Now go play with the black turd

Who? You?

you and your fellow islamo/Nazi/Baathist/Hezbollah pigs ------the AXIS of the 21st century. Now go play with the black turd
You are really exhausted from all that propaganda. You know, the reason why there are tensions between Syria and Israel and Lebanon and Israel is not Baathism or Hezbollah. The reason is that both countries border on Israel. Israel rejects neighboring countries which it considers problems on its way to more Lebensraum.

Why don´t you take a relaxation bath?

Who? You?

You are really exhausted from all that propaganda. You know, the reason why there are tensions between Syria and Israel and Lebanon and Israel is not Baathism or Hezbollah. The reason is that both countries border on Israel. Israel rejects neighboring countries which it considers problems on its way to more Lebensraum.

right----I read the islamo Nazi pig propaganda-----DA JOOOOS WANT TO CONTROL THE WHOLE PLANET EARTH-----somehow da joooos want to be involved with you and your stinking sluts and fellow dogs----ALL OF THE SCUM AND SHIT WHICH IS YOU

Who? You?

right----I read the islamo Nazi pig propaganda-----DA JOOOOS WANT TO CONTROL THE WHOLE PLANET EARTH-----somehow da joooos want to be involved with you and your stinking sluts and fellow dogs----ALL OF THE SCUM AND SHIT WHICH IS YOU
Why do you read the islamo Nazi pig propaganda?

Forum List

Back