With all due respect, Mr. Romney, what the HELL?

Well, jeesh Mitten, if your taxes were unimportant we'd sure as fuck know about them.

Yep.

If there's nothing to hide, why is he hiding them?

And now, that little worm, Ryan is hiding his too.

but, "Trust us, we have nothing to hide."

LOL

Well I agree, I HATE the tax code, make it a flat tax no exemptions...lower the rate.....I dont see why people have an issue. We need to stop favoring any group in the tax code.

A flat tax will accomplish little since the problem is in the calculations of taxable income.

The only way to fix the system is to get rid of it, and replace it with a federal sales tax. Quit taxing productiviity and start taxing consumption. The states could easily collect the federal tax right along with their state tax, and remit the federal governments share to the treasury.

One major benefit would be that American manufacturing costs would drop substantually, and that would mean more jobs here and more sales overseas.

Oh I do agree with this, I'd love a consumption tax, but with liberals they would never go for it, it makes waaaay too much sense
Liberals would go for it... Democrats would not.

Every time that a progressive uses the term "fair" it's an excuse to take something from someone else.

Progressives like Barack Obama would have you believe that the fiscal issues we face can be fixed simply by taxing wealthy people at a higher rate. The truth is even if we taxed the wealthy at a 100% we STILL wouldn't be able to support the entitlements we're obligated to pay. So don't kid yourself into thinking that someone ELSE is going to be picking up the tab for our out of control spending...those entitlements will be paid for by the middle class as well.
I'm a liberal (progressive, whatever), so let me address this.

We pay taxes so our government can do good things. Oversimplified? Yes, but still true. It's sort of like a membership fee to belong to the USA. Therefore, it's not an excuse to take something from someone else; it's to pay for what the government should be doing.

How much should we have to pay for the government to do their thing? Liberals say look to the impact taxes have on families. The rich can pay much more than the poor because they can afford it without much significant impact. Of course there's an impact, but $5K from the poor means they will go hungry; $5K from the rich means they can't buy as fancy a car they want. Therefore, taxing the rich higher than the poor is fair because the impact should be similar.

What conservatives often fail to remember is the Laffer Curve is bell-shaped. Tax too much like we did in the 60s and you actually cut into government revenue because there's much less economic activity to collect from. But the opposite is also true; tax too little and you cut into government revenue. Obama's proposal to increase taxes on the top 2% is an attempt to bring more balance to the current Laffer Curve, not to magically save the government forever or what have you.

What I find amusing about your contention that the wealthy need to keep paying more in taxes so that government can do all these wonderful things for us...is that even if we were to take 100% of what the top 2% made it wouldn't pay for our entitlements for more than a few weeks. You think you're going to "balance" things with higher taxes? Simple mathematics tells me that's a pipe dream.

The truth is we do not have a revenue problem...we have a spending problem. We have obligated ourselves to pay for entitlements that we can't even begin to come up with the money for unless we increase taxes dramatically on not just the wealthy but everyone right on down to the Middle Class. We have waste that is so inherent in our government that we take it for granted. We ARE the proverbial "leaky bucket"...gushing billions of dollars of our tax dollars every day. But instead of fixing the leaks...people like Barack Obama continue to call for more "water". You think tax increases will "balance" the Laffler Curve? I think you're incredibly naive.

Mitt Romney behind the link below said:
“I just have to say given the challenges that America faces 23 million people out of work, Iran about to become nuclear, one out of six Americans in poverty, the fascination with taxes I paid I find to be very small minded compared to the broad issues we face,”

Mitt Romney Says He Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent In Taxes - ABC News

:eusa_eh: The most important issue of our day is fair taxes.

At the risk of redundancy: The most important issue of our day is fair taxes. Fairness through simplicity, especially at the federal level.

Fair and simple taxes, public budgets that are balanced by law, and transparency in all things politics.

The stars await, kids.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOx3uOeXtpM]First look: Nasa releases Mars Curiosity rover colour panoramic pictures - YouTube[/ame]

That is the issue of the day for the average idiot... not for the rest of us.

Every time that a progressive uses the term "fair" it's an excuse to take something from someone else.

Progressives like Barack Obama would have you believe that the fiscal issues we face can be fixed simply by taxing wealthy people at a higher rate. The truth is even if we taxed the wealthy at a 100% we STILL wouldn't be able to support the entitlements we're obligated to pay. So don't kid yourself into thinking that someone ELSE is going to be picking up the tab for our out of control spending...those entitlements will be paid for by the middle class as well.
I'm a liberal (progressive, whatever), so let me address this.

We pay taxes so our government can do good things. Oversimplified? Yes, but still true. It's sort of like a membership fee to belong to the USA. Therefore, it's not an excuse to take something from someone else; it's to pay for what the government should be doing.

How much should we have to pay for the government to do their thing? Liberals say look to the impact taxes have on families. The rich can pay much more than the poor because they can afford it without much significant impact. Of course there's an impact, but $5K from the poor means they will go hungry; $5K from the rich means they can't buy as fancy a car they want. Therefore, taxing the rich higher than the poor is fair because the impact should be similar.

What conservatives often fail to remember is the Laffer Curve is bell-shaped. Tax too much like we did in the 60s and you actually cut into government revenue because there's much less economic activity to collect from. But the opposite is also true; tax too little and you cut into government revenue. Obama's proposal to increase taxes on the top 2% is an attempt to bring more balance to the current Laffer Curve, not to magically save the government forever or what have you.

Taxes are not a membership fee. Income taxes are the worst policy decision ever, and can only be justified if you think the government is entitled to a portion of your work product. Since the Constitution specifically prohibits indentured servitude unless you are convicted of a crime. I am pretty sure earning a living is not a crime.

Another point, charging someone more for something simply because you can rationalize does not make it fair. It is impossible to be fair, so you should stop using that word to justify you bias. If you are honest people might not like what you are saying, but at least they won't think you are lying to them. If you want to punish the more productive, say so.

What's the difference between Mitt Romney and LBJ?

Romney found a way out of Vietnam!

Mitt Romney behind the link below said:
“I just have to say given the challenges that America faces 23 million people out of work, Iran about to become nuclear, one out of six Americans in poverty, the fascination with taxes I paid I find to be very small minded compared to the broad issues we face,”

Mitt Romney Says He Never Paid Less Than 13 Percent In Taxes - ABC News

:eusa_eh: The most important issue of our day is fair taxes.

At the risk of redundancy: The most important issue of our day is fair taxes. Fairness through simplicity, especially at the federal level.

Fair and simple taxes, public budgets that are balanced by law, and transparency in all things politics.

The stars await, kids.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOx3uOeXtpM]First look: Nasa releases Mars Curiosity rover colour panoramic pictures - YouTube[/ame]
The biggest issue Americans face to day is reigning in the Federal Government. after that it will make the rest of the challenges easier.

Forum List

Back