Capitalism ? Greed ?

HomeInspect

Feb 26, 2012
Maryland
Phil Donahue 31 years ago, proves, like most Liberals, he didn't have a clue. Sad thing is, he never learned since then, either.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWsx1X8PV_A]Milton Friedman - Greed - YouTube[/ame]

Literally classic. Friedman did over-stroke free enterprise there, though.

What a great video. I've seen it many times before. Milton Freidman was renowned for making modern liberals look silly.
[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rls8H6MktrA]YouTube - Responsibility to the Poor[/ame]

Remember those couple years when the Fed employed Monetarism and pegged the money supply instead of interest rates.

How'd that work out for us?

Remember the guy who went around the Message Board Political Forum posting random wacky comments in order to hyjack the topic of the thread on subjects he wanted to discuss instead of making his own thread? And face it, your no Milton Freidman. But you think you know better. It's been the downfall of many many many liberals in the past.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O7pnjzCuSv8[/ame]

Last edited:
Remember those couple years when the Fed employed Monetarism and pegged the money supply instead of interest rates.

Remember the guy who went around the Message Board Political Forum posting random wacky comments in order to hyjack the topic of the thread on subjects he wanted to discuss instead of making his own thread? And face it, your no Milton Freidman. But you think you know better. It's been the downfall of many many many liberals in the past.

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O7pnjzCuSv8]YouTube - Milton Friedman explains role of gold in Great Depression.[/ame]

Lol...That wasn't the two year period of monetarism.

Are you of the impression that Milton supported commodity money?

Like QE1 or 2???

No, Monetarists using Friedman's thinking and rules would never, ever, ever consider QE1 or QE2.

Ever.

They both involved significant shocks to the money supply.

Then tell me....and I am 100% genuine.... I freely admit that I suck at Econ 101

Which formula is best?
Friedman's or Easing?
And how/why?

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O7pnjzCuSv8]YouTube - Milton Friedman explains role of gold in Great Depression.[/ame]

No.

I picked up Milton Freidmans Monitary History of the United States years ago while in college. I couldn't even understand it. So I took Macro and Micro economics and tried again. Nope, still couldn't understand Freidman. I am ilequiped to debate monetarism via Freidmans method. I was just playing around with you. Have you read his work? Not his political but scientific? I am assured that you are just another liberal nobody that Freidman could rhetorically smash as he has so many liberal academics, students, and politicians. After kicking so much ass liberals stoped bringing him on to their shows and people debated him in his absence which continues after his death. Then liberals whined when they tried to name a school after him. The Volokh Conspiracy - The Milton Friedman Institute and Ideological Intolerance in Academia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_Friedman_Institute

Last edited:
Like QE1 or 2???

No, Monetarists using Friedman's thinking and rules would never, ever, ever consider QE1 or QE2.

Ever.

They both involved significant shocks to the money supply.

Then tell me....and I am 100% genuine.... I freely admit that I suck at Econ 101

Which formula is best?
Friedman's or Easing?
And how/why?

Oh jeez! No honest questions, please...it's friday!

I really don't know which is best. I'll only say that Friedman's ideas during the late 1970's - pegging money supply growth to a fixed amount - have proven to be very problematic. Some of his earlier observations have stood the test of time and he came around a bit on the pegged money supply later in life.

If I had to hazard an actual opinion, I'd say that QE1 and QE2 have been mildly helpful and have helped arrest the housing market decline. But outside of the extremes of both sides of the economy spectrum, the jury is still out.

Is that a wishy washy - enough answer:lol:

YouTube - Milton Friedman explains role of gold in Great Depression.

No.

I picked up Milton Freidmans Monitary History of the United States years ago while in college. I couldn't even understand it. So I took Macro and Micro economics and tried again. Nope, still couldn't understand Freidman. I am ilequiped to debate monetarism via Freidmans method. I was just playing around with you. Have you read his work? Not his political but scientific?

I haven't read all of his economic work. I've read a couple of his seminal journal articles from the 1950's and 1960's and I keep a copy of his and Schwartz Monetary History close by at all times - while I don't agree with the entire book, it's quite likely the greatest economic history thome ever written.

I am assured that you are just another liberal nobody that Freidman could rhetorically smash as he has so many liberal academics, students, and politicians.

Fuck you too. How'd his attempt to smash Volcker work out?

Last edited:

No.

I picked up Milton Freidmans Monitary History of the United States years ago while in college. I couldn't even understand it. So I took Macro and Micro economics and tried again. Nope, still couldn't understand Freidman. I am ilequiped to debate monetarism via Freidmans method. I was just playing around with you. Have you read his work? Not his political but scientific?

I am assured that you are just another liberal nobody that Freidman could rhetorically smash as he has so many liberal academics, students, and politicians.

Lol. Tell me about this "Shwartz Monetary History". I thought they worked together. Edit: never mind. I'm a idiot.

Last edited:

Freidman espoused the seasoning, not the steak... Though he may have disagreed.

I've read that a couple times and I must be missing something. What exactly do you mean by that?

I've read that a couple times and I must be missing something. What exactly do you mean by that?

You can eat an unseasoned steak, but it is better with seasoning. Who in their right mind would eat the seasoning alone?

I think what made Keynes more influential (more widely adopted) is that his proposals would stand alone more effectively, while Freidman-land would be a mess.

No.

I haven't read all of his economic work. I've read a couple of his seminal journal articles from the 1950's and 1960's and I keep a copy of his and Schwartz Monetary History close by at all times - while I don't agree with the entire book, it's quite likely the greatest economic history thome ever written.

Economist's View: The U.S. Monetary Experience of 1979-1982 is this what you're talking about ?

Forum List

Back