Wisconsin Supreme Court Election

The problem with Prosser

The newspaper observes: “From calling the chief justice a ‘bitch’ during the run-up to the campaign, to issuing a news release indicating he would complement the new Republican governor, to trying to appeal in a ham-handed way to Milwaukee County voters by citing his rulings, Prosser — and not JoAnne Kloppenburg, the assistant state attorney general who is his opponent — looks like the rookie here.”

The Journal Sentinel goes even further, writing that Prosser “apparently could use some anger-management classes. His outburst at Chief Justice Shirley Abrahamson — threatening ‘to destroy’ her — will be unforgivable for some voters. He deserved the public flogging he received for it; other justices claimed it wasn’t his first tirade. He should have shown more leadership in turning the court away from its embarrassing squabbling.”

Last edited:
Prosser is up by 2000 or less. This is headed for a recount. I hope that con judge gets the boot. The last thing WI needs is a Walker ally in the Supreme Court.

Last thing WI needs is to declare bankruptcy because they have to pay the unions come hell or high water.

It's called collective bargaining. It's been an important part of American history. Get used to it. WI Rethug senators are getting recalled, and in less than a year, Walker will follow. The law is on hold and hopefully not coming back. Walker has been exposed as the corrupt asshole that he is.

I know what it's called but the difference between the private sector and public sector make CB unfair for the employer, which is the taxpayer, because they weren't properly represented unless they had a legal rep at the table when the deal was made.

Unless WI taxpayers had a paid rep present they got shafted. This must be fulfilled before CB can be legally binding. Governors, Representatives, and State Senators are not legal representatives in any business oriented negotiations. They can only vote on legislation and the Governor signs them.

Last edited:
Because the NY Times is a local paper?

Moron.
The NY Slimes is a local paper in Wisconsin?...Who knew?

Dipschitt.

i think he's referring to the nyt as the nation's *paper of record*

*cough

looks like milwaukee county's fucked- they've got a *scion of a wealthy boston family* as county exec.

good luck, you'll need it. even we aren't stupid enough to elect one of those.

Abele defeats Stone for Milwaukee County executive - JSOnline
Milwaukee has turned into a far northern suburb of Chicago....Little wonder they elected a carpetbagging Lear Jet lib.

CaféAuLait;3501706 said:
RESULTS as of Tuesday, Apr 05, 2011 at 11:58 pm CDT
Election Home
Supreme Court REPORTING 97%

David Prosser (inc) 720,760
50%
Joanne Kloppenburg 716,089
50%

TODAY'S TMJ4 Election

Interesting split if it's accurate.

Man! the soft money's gonna flow into that state I'll wager.

Clearly WI is a state divided.

Last edited:
The fact that half of the people in this state would vote for a guy who loses it in a debate and calls his fellow jurists names like "Bitch" and threatens to "Distroy" them shows just how insane the right is.

Dipschitt.

*cough

looks like milwaukee county's fucked- they've got a *scion of a wealthy boston family* as county exec.

Milwaukee has turned into a far northern suburb of Chicago....Little wonder they elected a carpetbagging Lear Jet lib.
Abele has lived in Wisconsin nearly 20 years.

Does that still count as carpetbagging?

*cough

Abele has lived in Wisconsin nearly 20 years.

Does that still count as carpetbagging?
Norm Coleman has lived in Minnesota as long and he's still a little carpetbagging turd, so I'd say yes.

Last thing WI needs is to declare bankruptcy because they have to pay the unions come hell or high water.

It's called collective bargaining. It's been an important part of American history.

So SgtMeow, it's okay for 300,000 state employee union members to bankrupt a state with 4,300,000 taxpayers in the guise of "collective bargaining"? Of course when the "green grass" is grazed away, your herd will move on to another state to exploit.

Seems the GOP might have made the same mistake Obama made in his early going. Taking the American public for granted.

Looks like the GOP will be big losers in WI. Is this a Surprise?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/05/us/politics/05wisconsin.html?_r=1

Huh????

So liberal groups are spending money trying to get a judge that would be friendly to their public sector union stance to win the election....how does this create a referendum on Walker?

If it was a bunch of citizens rising up to try and have him recalled I would be down with your thread title but a bunch of big special interest groups spending tons of money on a judicial election, to me, isn't a referendum on a governor but on the actual law he signed.

It's called collective bargaining. It's been an important part of American history.

So SgtMeow, it's okay for 300,000 state employee union members to bankrupt a state with 4,300,000 taxpayers in the guise of "collective bargaining"? Of course when the "green grass" is grazed away, your herd will move on to another state to exploit.

Uhhhh....the teachers, garbage collectors and police officers did not "bankrupt the state".

Because the NY Times is a local paper?

Moron.

Dipschitt.

*cough

Wait a minute....I thought lefties totally distrusted rich white dudes, who bought their way into elected offices that wouldn't even pay back the money they "invested" in the election. :eusa_eh:

It's called collective bargaining. It's been an important part of American history. Get used to it. WI Rethug senators are getting recalled, and in less than a year, Walker will follow. The law is on hold and hopefully not coming back. Walker has been exposed as the corrupt asshole that he is.

I know what it's called but the difference between the private sector and public sector make CB unfair for the employer, which is the taxpayer, because they weren't properly represented unless they had a legal rep at the table when the deal was made.

Unless WI taxpayers had a paid rep present they got shafted. This must be fulfilled before CB can be legally binding. Governors, Representatives, and State Senators are not legal representatives in any business oriented negotiations. They can only vote on legislation and the Governor signs them.

As a former elected county rep I can assure you that the taxpayers are well represented during contract negotiations. And teachers negotiate with local school boards.

So laughable, you can't even get a SC judgeship comfortably and you think you're going to recall the governor....:cuckoo:

Face it, with the atmosphere your thug buddies and henchmen have created in WI with their rediculous antics and electoral hissy fit, if you can't win this race comfortably in a union stroghold like WI, you've got NOTHING.

It doesn't surprise me that you entirely missed the point. This was a little known person who has never served as a judge and may (or may not) unseat a well known sitting Supreme Court Judge.

I would say that this does not bode well for the Republican Senators and Walker when the recall finally takes place. They have to be shitting all over themselves about now.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back