Wisconsin made me proud tonight.

keep proving me right in calling you a fucking moron

I am not a moron. You just think that because I win our battles DiveCon. Lets keep battling, I like to win.
ROFLMAO

you da winnaz on da interwebs
:lol:

He only thinks so. Must've put a splash or two of Jack in the bong. :lol:

I'm Out Work comes early.

Take care Dive, and the rest of you brave enough to be up this late...

:cool:

It is rare these days that I get a genuine sense of pride from the actions of ANY political body, but Wisconsin's Senate showed a lot of courage, a lot of conviction, and sent a message that the process will not be killed, no matter WHO is attacking it.

Kudos, and thanks, to Wisconsin!

And Idaho too!

Amen.

Are you suggesting that your drunkeness isn't well known?

I've never heard that. You're a part of the politics of personal destruction group I see.. you like to play the bully and call people names, personally attack them. Why not debate the merits of why the Wisconsin libs left their duty, their families, their constituents and lived it up in hotels?

But out, bitch.

I have over and over and over.

You need to learn how to lose, with grace.

There is honor in that.

How many times do the k00ks need to be reminded about last November.................

PH2010110301760.jpg
[/IMG]

Hellllllooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:
You kill me skook!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You've got to get your ass up here more often, buddy.

Wicked bro.........you da man!!! Unlike the k00ks that troll this board and make 1,000 posts/day, I kinda got alot of responsibilities in life so getting in here sometimes is a bitch, thus, I cut right through the drivel and get straight to the point.

Fact is........this is a "Poltics" forum and no matter what kind os absurd spin the k00ks make on issues, it is what it is. Its not even dabatable..........especially now..........we are a center-right country and you're now seeing it from sea to shining sea. The k00ks are miserable as shit because they are getting their balls kicked in on a daily basis. I come in her and post up something in a manner that hits the re-set button thus bringing things back to real. The k00ks can read the tea leaves..........they just cant take the fact that they are in the back seat big time these days...........and frankly, they cant even fit back there with the likes of Michael Moore showing up and making them even more irrelevant!!!

27_2545284-29.jpg

How times have changed in the past two years huh WIcked?? We pwn this forum now!!!

Last edited:
Wow. That blew up fast.

To recap and get back on topic: the open meeting laws, the fact the Democrats weren't there, etc. is all details. Fact is the Democrats left because the law would pass no matter what they did. Leaving was the only tool they had to block the bill, and it was only a matter of time before a good lawyer came up with a way past that.

What comes next? First up, this solidified the union supporters 100% behind their unions much like Healthcare solidified Conservatives. So expect this to start fueling the DNC in years to come. Second, you will see more laws like this targeting other unions too. It won't stop with teachers.

After that, who knows? Polls show a lot of voters are pissed off Walker was going to do this. We'll see how they vote in the only poll that matters soon enough.

Last edited:
So the Wisconsin Republicans have conceded that breaking the unions has nothing to do with the budget or the fiscal situation in Wisconsin...

...yeah, we told you so.

Attachments

• $idiot.jpg
    $idiot.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 53
Victory! Wisconsin Senate GOP Votes to Strip State Workers of Collective Bargaining Rights

Apparently, state legislature Republicans have more spine than Republicans in Washington:
Bypassing Democrats hiding out in Illinois, Wisconsin Senate Republicans voted Wednesday night to strip state workers of their collective bargaining rights.

Republicans voted 18-1 to pass the stripped-down budget bill in a hastily arranged meeting. None of the Senate Democrats were present.

The State Assembly is expected to vote on the bill Thursday.
All 14 Senate Democrats fled to Illinois nearly three weeks ago, preventing the chamber from having enough members present to consider Gov. Scott Walker’s so-called “budget repair bill” — a proposal introduced to plug a $137 million budget shortfall..

The Senate requires a quorum to take up any measures that spend money. But Republicans on Wednesday split from the legislation the proposal to curtail union rights, and a special conference committee of state lawmakers approved that bill a short time later.

Wisconsin Senate Democratic leader Mark Miller said Wednesday Democrats will “join the people of Wisconsin in taking back their government,” but he refused to say when.

The lone Democrat present on the conference committee, Rep. Tony Barca, shouted that the surprise meeting was a violation of the state’s open meetings law but Republicans voted over his objections. The Senate then convened within minutes and passed it without discussion or debate.

Spectators in the gallery screamed “You are cowards.”
Read all here: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/09/wisconsin-republicans-plan-pass-budget-democrats-sources-say/

No, sorry! The cowards were the Democrats who thought hiding out was going to get them off the hook with the taxpayers who foot the bill for greedy, demanding unions. Republicans decided to call their bluff and do an end run around them. This is great. Maybe Democrats will think twice before pulling another “run for the border” move in the future. I applaud the Republicans in Wisconsin for doing the right thing.

Victory! Wisconsin Senate GOP Votes to Strip State Workers of Collective Bargaining Rights « Political Pie by TeaPartySamurai

:eusa_angel:

So the Wisconsin Republicans have conceded that breaking the unions has nothing to do with the budget or the fiscal situation in Wisconsin...

...yeah, we told you so.

I never hid it, but I'm not a Wisconsinite.

For me, WI, ID, OH, RI, PA, NJ.....ALL of them were ALWAYS about busting up the unions.

Victory! Wisconsin Senate GOP Votes to Strip State Workers of Collective Bargaining Rights

Apparently, state legislature Republicans have more spine than Republicans in Washington:
Bypassing Democrats hiding out in Illinois, Wisconsin Senate Republicans voted Wednesday night to strip state workers of their collective bargaining rights.

Republicans voted 18-1 to pass the stripped-down budget bill in a hastily arranged meeting. None of the Senate Democrats were present.

The State Assembly is expected to vote on the bill Thursday.
All 14 Senate Democrats fled to Illinois nearly three weeks ago, preventing the chamber from having enough members present to consider Gov. Scott Walker’s so-called “budget repair bill” — a proposal introduced to plug a $137 million budget shortfall..

The Senate requires a quorum to take up any measures that spend money. But Republicans on Wednesday split from the legislation the proposal to curtail union rights, and a special conference committee of state lawmakers approved that bill a short time later.

Wisconsin Senate Democratic leader Mark Miller said Wednesday Democrats will “join the people of Wisconsin in taking back their government,” but he refused to say when.

The lone Democrat present on the conference committee, Rep. Tony Barca, shouted that the surprise meeting was a violation of the state’s open meetings law but Republicans voted over his objections. The Senate then convened within minutes and passed it without discussion or debate.

Spectators in the gallery screamed “You are cowards.”
Read all here: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/09/wisconsin-republicans-plan-pass-budget-democrats-sources-say/

No, sorry! The cowards were the Democrats who thought hiding out was going to get them off the hook with the taxpayers who foot the bill for greedy, demanding unions. Republicans decided to call their bluff and do an end run around them. This is great. Maybe Democrats will think twice before pulling another “run for the border” move in the future. I applaud the Republicans in Wisconsin for doing the right thing.

Victory! Wisconsin Senate GOP Votes to Strip State Workers of Collective Bargaining Rights « Political Pie by TeaPartySamurai

:eusa_angel:

Better watch out, your food stamps are next.

:lol:

Elections have consequences.

You may not like the consequences but they happen.

The Dems lost in WI and instead of staying to do their duty they stopped the proceedings by leaving the State. Bunch of gutless wonders in my book. BTW if the Reps had done the same my opinion of them would be the same.

The Reps won this round of elections. There are consequences. Although if I read it right the collective bargaining for wages is still in effect. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, the Gove of WI should outline for the taxpayers of WI exactly what the Union bargaining is costing them every year.

If the Dems win the next round, there will be consequences.

I'm no Union fan. Never have been. Never will be. If they all disappeared tomorrow I wouldn't shed a single tear. I don't believe the States of NY, NJ, CAlI and any other State that is drowning in Union negotiated wages, pensions and benifits would shed a tear either.

As for the working people. The majority out there are not Union members. That doesn't make them any less important than the Union worker.

Some folks should remember that.

Last edited:
As for the working people. The majority out there are not Union members. That doesn't make them any less important than the Union worker.

The resentment towards public sector unionized workers is simply another symptom of the fact that we are a nation in decline. Fewer and fewer good paying jobs leave more and more people envious of and angry at those who have the good jobs that are left.

No one would care if our public servants were well paid, with good benefits, and good working conditions if millions of good paying jobs in industry hadn't disappeared over the last 30 or so years.

The resentment towards public sector unionized workers is simply another symptom of the fact that we are a nation in decline. Fewer and fewer good paying jobs leave more and more people envious of and angry at those who have the good jobs that are left.

No one would care if our public servants were well paid, with good benefits, and good working conditions if millions of good paying jobs in industry hadn't disappeared over the last 30 or so years.

Sounds like we need to incentivize investment in industry?

Elections have consequences.

You may not like the consequences but they happen.

The Dems lost in WI and instead of staying to do their duty they stopped the proceedings by leaving the State. Bunch of gutless wonders in my book. BTW if the Reps had done the same my opinion of them would be the same.

The Reps won this round of elections. There are consequences. Although if I read it right the collective bargaining for wages is still in effect. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, the Gove of WI should outline for the taxpayers of WI exactly what the Union bargaining is costing them every year.

If the Dems win the next round, there will be consequences.

I'm no Union fan. Never have been. Never will be. If they all disappeared tomorrow I wouldn't shed a single tear. I don't believe the States of NY, NJ, CAlI and any other State that is drowning in Union negotiated wages, pensions and benifits would shed a tear either.

One of the GOP Wisconsin Senators was on Fox and Friends this morning. He related that in November, durring the lame duck session when dems were still in control, an outgoing Democrat Senator cautioned him that not showing up to vote on a spending proposal would be derilection of duty.

Sounds like we need to incentivize investment in industry?

We need to do the impossible, which is to put the country back in the hands of people who care about the country.

Forum List

Back