Wisconsin governor, likely rival tied in recall vote

I have no issue with unions, public or private, it is the choice of the workers. I do have issues with public sector unions having collective bargaining. Since Walker ended the collective bargaining, the state has saved millions in health insurance and ended the unions strangle hold their own, that is what the union is upset with. Collective bargaining holds taxpayers at gun point. Hell, FDR, didn't believe in collective bargaining, one of the few points I agree with him on.

FDR also lived at a time when government jobs were handed out largely on the basis of patronage. Your side lost the election, everyone lost their jobs and a new mob of guys who were brother in laws and cousins with no qualifications were brought in. That's why government workers pushed for unions at all levels, because they sort of had enough of that nonsense.

Now, again, I have no problem with Walker making cuts in benefits and wages. BUt ending collective bargaining had nothing to do with that, really. The unions had even agreed to a lot of the cuts he was asking for. This was about busting up the unions because they were on the other team.

Not sure who's side you refer to when you say "your" side. Collective bargaining places a burden on the taxpayer, the collective bargaining allowed the Wisconsin unions to require the government to buy their insurance and it had become very costly, other insurance companies were not allowed to even compete.

Collective bargaining in the private sector, no problem. I have not heard a compelling argument for allowing collective bargaining in the public sector, I see no need.

The union wanted to much of the pie and the state is saving money. The unions are still there to defend and up hold the rights of the workers.

Poll: Wisconsin governor, likely rival tied in recall vote - Yahoo! News

I find it interesting that Walker, despite raising seven times more money, is in a "statistical tie". Most of that money must be coming from out of state.

and where do you think the money for the recall drive came from?

Out of state.

And the signatures needed to begin the recall?

as has been repeatedly pointed out, from the same people who voted against Walker to begin with. In other words, no ground was gained. The number of people who voted against Walker was slightly higher than the number of people who signed the petition to recall him.

I have no issue with unions, public or private, it is the choice of the workers. I do have issues with public sector unions having collective bargaining. Since Walker ended the collective bargaining, the state has saved millions in health insurance and ended the unions strangle hold their own, that is what the union is upset with. Collective bargaining holds taxpayers at gun point. Hell, FDR, didn't believe in collective bargaining, one of the few points I agree with him on.

FDR also lived at a time when government jobs were handed out largely on the basis of patronage. Your side lost the election, everyone lost their jobs and a new mob of guys who were brother in laws and cousins with no qualifications were brought in. That's why government workers pushed for unions at all levels, because they sort of had enough of that nonsense.

Now, again, I have no problem with Walker making cuts in benefits and wages. BUt ending collective bargaining had nothing to do with that, really. The unions had even agreed to a lot of the cuts he was asking for. This was about busting up the unions because they were on the other team.

Not sure who's side you refer to when you say "your" side. Collective bargaining places a burden on the taxpayer, the collective bargaining allowed the Wisconsin unions to require the government to buy their insurance and it had become very costly, other insurance companies were not allowed to even compete.

Collective bargaining in the private sector, no problem. I have not heard a compelling argument for allowing collective bargaining in the public sector, I see no need.

The union wanted to much of the pie and the state is saving money. The unions are still there to defend and up hold the rights of the workers.

I think you need them in both to the degree that you need protections from the bad behavior of people. Whether it be a CEO or a governor, balancing budgets on the backs of working people has become the go-to solution, and it's ultimately self-destructive.

The whole world tried "Austerity" to deal with the recession, and it's just made matters worse. Everyone is hunkering down and commerce is remaining slow.

I think you need them in both to the degree that you need protections from the bad behavior of people. Whether it be a CEO or a governor, balancing budgets on the backs of working people has become the go-to solution, and it's ultimately self-destructive.

The whole world tried "Austerity" to deal with the recession, and it's just made matters worse. Everyone is hunkering down and commerce is remaining slow.

You have unions in both, the help keep bad behavior in check. You don't need collective bargaining in both, most union federal government jobs, do not have collective bargaining, so why not complain about that? Why the worry over Wisconsin, when federal employees don't have collective bargaining?

That is one reason I find the Wisconsin recall and outrage so mind numbing. Another "us vs them" game.

Forum List

Back