Wisconsin bill would bar police from enforcing new Federal gun restrictions

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
It's about time the states started standing up and resisting Federla usurpation of their own authority.

Federal law trumps state law, of course...but only where the Fed govt has the authority to make those laws.

In the case of gun restrictions, the Feds clearly have no such authority. The 2nd amendment flatly bans any govt from banning or restricting people's personal weapons.

Wisconsin can't restrict people's weapons either. But they CAN make laws saying the Fed can't do it. And now they are.

Hey, Wisconsin! Nice job on "new federal gun restrictions"!

Now, how about the old ones, like the 1934 National Firearms Act and the 1968 Gun Control Act? Don't put your legislative pens away yet.....

----------------------------------

Wisconsin bill would bar police from enforcing any new federal gun restrictions | Fox News

Wisconsin bill would bar police from enforcing any new federal gun restrictions

Published June 12, 2013
Associated Press

MADISON, Wis. – Wisconsin police would be forbidden from enforcing any new federal gun and ammunition restrictions, bans or registration requirements under a bill a Republican lawmaker is circulating.

Rep. Michael Schraa of Oshkosh, a first-term legislator and a member of the National Rifle Association, sent out an email Tuesday to his fellow lawmakers seeking co-sponsors for the proposal. He also issued a statement to the media saying the bill is meant to send a message that Wisconsin won't help the federal government restrict the public's constitutional right to bear arms.

"I'm not this cowboy, gun-toting legislator," Schraa said in a telephone interview. "I just think it's ultimately important to protect our constitutional rights. When I raised my right hand on Jan. 7 and took the oath of office, I took an oath that I would defend the Wisconsin Constitution and the federal constitution. That's the motivating factor."

Forum List

Back