20,000 Anti Semites Protest Israel in NYC

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
The Story is here: IDF Draft Bill Protest In New York City Draws Thousands Of Ultra-Orthodox Jews (PHOTOS)

970860_142909609237063_450482376_n.jpg

"It was basically a protest against the Israel government's attempt to pass an IDF [Israel Defense Forces] draft bill, which calls for everyone to serve in the Army, even those students in yeshiva," said Kornbluh, 32, of Borough Park, Brooklyn. The protesters were siding with Israeli residents who "feel like they're being forced to drop the Torah, drop the learning -- which is not the intent" of the proposed legislation, Kornbluh said.

Now, How can they call Israel Zionist and be jewish at the same time? I often hear that the word "Zionist" is code word for Anti-Semitic. So...?

The Story is here: IDF Draft Bill Protest In New York City Draws Thousands Of Ultra-Orthodox Jews (PHOTOS)

"It was basically a protest against the Israel government's attempt to pass an IDF [Israel Defense Forces] draft bill, which calls for everyone to serve in the Army, even those students in yeshiva," said Kornbluh, 32, of Borough Park, Brooklyn. The protesters were siding with Israeli residents who "feel like they're being forced to drop the Torah, drop the learning -- which is not the intent" of the proposed legislation, Kornbluh said.

Now, How can they call Israel Zionist and be jewish at the same time? I often hear that the word "Zionist" is code word for Anti-Semitic. So...?

The protest is over making Haraedi in Israel serve their 2 years as reservists, or in some other capacity. The people with the signs are a much smaller subsect of Haraedi that oppose Israel being founded until the Messiah comes.

Note its only those few in the front with signs, not the entire mass, so the 20,000's views are not reflected in the few along the fence.

Good old photographic manipulation by a small group to make it look like the larger group supports thier view.

Yeah that's true as long as you don't click the link and look at more pictures. Besides that, you're spot on

Yeah that's true as long as you don't click the link and look at more pictures. Besides that, you're spot on

I did look at them. Most of the signs in the main group of protesters are specifically about the drafting, Although I find it comical that the Satamar would be concerned as they would not set foot in Israel until the messiah comes. In fact, they look at the very Haraedi they are "supporting" as kind of apostates for being in Israel in the first place (the Satamars at least, other Hasedim have differing views on Israel).

The guys on the fence are likely Neturei karta, a sub-sub sect that has a habit of agreeing with Iranians.

The real dividing line is that Some hasedim oppose Israel in purely religous grounds and want to see the other Jews leave on thier own accord, unlike the Arabs and Persians, who would prefer to run them into the ocean.

That's besides the point. Here are Jews calling Israel Zionist and they cannot be considered Anti-Semitic

That's besides the point. Here are Jews calling Israel Zionist and they cannot be considered Anti-Semitic

Calling someone a zionist in and of itself does not make one anti-semetic. Its usually all the thinly disguised hate that surrounds the word "Zionist" that makes such speech anti-semetic.

I did look at them. Most of the signs in the main group of protesters are specifically about the drafting, Although I find it comical that the Satamar would be concerned as they would not set foot in Israel until the messiah comes. In fact, they look at the very Haraedi they are "supporting" as kind of apostates for being in Israel in the first place (the Satamars at least, other Hasedim have differing views on Israel).

The guys on the fence are likely Neturei karta, a sub-sub sect that has a habit of agreeing with Iranians.

The real dividing line is that Some hasedim oppose Israel in purely religous grounds and want to see the other Jews leave on thier own accord, unlike the Arabs and Persians, who would prefer to run them into the ocean.

Although it's very refreshing to see someone else who knows what they're talking about when it comes to Hasdim, you've got a few details wrong.

There are Satmar in Israel, and have been for years. The late Rebbe Joel Teitelbaum visited Israel many times as well.

They believe that the state of Israel shouldn't exist (not until the Messiah returns), but they still have large communities there.

Although it's very refreshing to see someone else who knows what they're talking about when it comes to Hasdim, you've got a few details wrong.

There are Satmar in Israel, and have been for years. The late Rebbe Joel Teitelbaum visited Israel many times as well.

They believe that the state of Israel shouldn't exist (not until the Messiah returns), but they still have large communities there.

yeah, i just figured that out after refreshing my knowledge on this from wikipedia.

Thanks for the clarification.

You do realize that the word ****** is indicative of a racist right? The use of that term is racist in many situations and on many different occasions.

You also realize that ****** is sometimes used by black people when talking to each other and it is not used in a racist manner at that time.

IOW, just because a term is generally used by racists in a racial manner does not mean that 100 percent of the time that holds true. Just because you find a single rally where Jews waved a sign using the term Zionist does not diminish the reality that most of the time people are attacking ‘Zionism’ they are really attacking Jews and being complete racists.

You do realize that the word ****** is indicative of a racist right? The use of that term is racist in many situations and on many different occasions.

You also realize that ****** is sometimes used by black people when talking to each other and it is not used in a racist manner at that time.

IOW, just because a term is generally used by racists in a racial manner does not mean that 100 percent of the time that holds true. Just because you find a single rally where Jews waved a sign using the term Zionist does not diminish the reality that most of the time people are attacking ‘Zionism’ they are really attacking Jews and being complete racists.

Typical lib, they can say it and it's not racist, but anyone else say it, wow are these the IRS rules being applied?
If it's sooooooo hurtful as they claim, then blacks shouldnt be saying it either or does logic scare you?

Typical lib, they can say it and it's not racist, but anyone else say it, wow are these the IRS rules being applied?
If it's sooooooo hurtful as they claim, then blacks shouldnt be saying it either or does logic scare you?

Are you really calling me a lib?

Already did, troll.. lots of nice close ups of small groups...

All trumped up by the uber biased source... It is nothing more than Huffo Puffo Fluffo

What more do you want Dave? I bet you don't even know like a girl, you just don't like what you have, right sweetie?

This is why most people have you on ignore. Grow up.

Don't speak about imaginary ppl who have me on ignore. Talk about why you don't have me on ignore buttercup.

Forum List

Back