wind power, winning all the way

You didn't supply any link, "genius"!
That proves that you can't read.
But here is a link to the French tidal power system and yes, it includes the impact on the environment.

Rance Tidal Power Station - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your grasp of tidal power generation is tenuous at best. They don't only operate at "peak" periods! The turbines proposed for Puget Sound would only be non operational for the short predictable periods of slack tides. For the rest of the day the tide is either coming in or going out.
The link is about a dam, what's that got to do with underwater turbines? I am familiar with the tidal current, you learn real fast in a kayak! It picks up steam at peak periods and you don't want to be paddling against it then. Obviously the turbines aren't going to be maxed out otherwise. Get off your high seahorse.

You didn't supply any link, "genius"!
That proves that you can't read.
But here is a link to the French tidal power system and yes, it includes the impact on the environment.

Rance Tidal Power Station - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your grasp of tidal power generation is tenuous at best. They don't only operate at "peak" periods! The turbines proposed for Puget Sound would only be non operational for the short predictable periods of slack tides. For the rest of the day the tide is either coming in or going out.
The link is about a dam, what's that got to do with underwater turbines? I am familiar with the tidal current, you learn real fast in a kayak! It picks up steam at peak periods and you don't want to be paddling against it then. Obviously the turbines aren't going to be maxed out otherwise. Get off your high seahorse.

Ironic!

Hmmm, no other factors at play? Like urban growth, pesticides, loss of nesting sites and food sources? Just the wind farm is to blame?

Yep. The windfarm has been the only development in the whole area. There has been extensive study of its impact on the raptor population. The problem with the windfarm, and MOST windfarms, is it was built in a flyway and the hills are and have always been a huge source of bunny rabbits and other critters that the raptors feed on.

So yes in the case of this windfarm we can categorically say IT IS THE ONLY SOURCE OF RAPTOR LETHALITY IN THAT AREA.

What about the farmers using pesticides? The harm to the raptor population was directly attributed to the use of pesticides nationwide.

Endocrine Disrupters and Bald Eagles: A Response

Bald Eagle Fact Sheet

What about them? These are direct bird kills in the area. To get to the farms you have to go about 15 miles out of the hunting area. As I said, the hills are FILLED with bunny rabbits and they are THE primary food source for the raptors. There's no need for them to go to the farm areas.

And they know this how?

Ummm, they've been studying it for over 20 year snow would be my guess.

"Probably more studies have been conducted in Altamont Pass than at any other wind farm in the world. Unfortunately, however, the wind industry has used that information and lessons from the public relations firestorms those studies ignited to develop clever methods for hiding bird and bat mortality impacts. - See more at: Hiding ?Avian Mortality?: Where ?Green? is Red (Part I: Altamont Pass) ? MasterResource

https://www.wind-watch.org/news/2013/10/17/altamont-pass-bird-kill-is-even-higher/

Decontructing wind-farm bird-kill story :: Cape Wind :: America's First Offshore Wind Farm on Nantucket Sound

Bird killings at Altamont Pass / Environmental group files suit against wind turbine companies - SFGate

Wildlife Extra News - Massive bird kill at US wind farm

Forum List

Back