any one have a replica/etc of the Winchester rifles/ or fired one
I was just curious how good they handle/fire/rugged/etc
any model
1866.jpg

any model
1866.jpg

I own a Model 1886 chambered in .45/70. It shoots extremely well, and is very smooth as most Browning designed actions are. Mine was made in 1902 and has little finish left, but is accurate as hell.

Mine looks very close to this one, but not nearly as pretty. Mine was a ranch gun and is well used.
win-1886-deluxe-rs_log-4550.jpg

d
any model
1866.jpg

I own a Model 1886 chambered in .45/70. It shoots extremely well, and is very smooth as most Browning designed actions are. Mine was made in 1902 and has little finish left, but is accurate as hell.

Mine looks very close to this one, but not nearly as pretty. Mine was a ranch gun and is well used.
win-1886-deluxe-rs_log-4550.jpg
do you have a picture of yours?
...it looks like they ''fit'' the human shooter well with the buttstock configuration/etc
I've read about them a lot and was watching old westerns, so that got me to wonder/etc

...it looks like they ''fit'' the human shooter well with the buttstock configuration/etc

Their grip is almost like a revlover's, a natural fit to most hands, and easy to aim, at least on the models I've fired. It's a well designed rifle. I'm not a gun collector but if I were I would start with a couple or three of these models, pre-1900's copies.

The venerable model 94 lever action rifle in 30-30 is still the quintessential deer rifle. You have to check the serial number but any M-94 Winchester made before 1964 is a genuine Winchester. After '64 they changed manufacturing.

Forum List

Back