Will White People Go to the National Black Museum?

Seems this museum is going to focus more on slavery than anything by putting it near the sites where the 'actual' slaves were sold. It is only going to give Blacks another way of screaming 'victim' and making Whites look bad.

I also agree with William. This museum will most likely have history twisted to make the Blacks look like victims and will not mention anywhere that the U.S. got most of their slaves by buying them from Black Africans.

The only reason I would go is to see if they have the history correct or not.

The Dutch Jews were the originators of the slave trade in both North and South America.

They operated out of a city called New Amsterdam which later was changed to New York City..

It will be interesting to see if they include this historical fact.

Seems this museum is going to focus more on slavery than anything by putting it near the sites where the 'actual' slaves were sold. It is only going to give Blacks another way of screaming 'victim' and making Whites look bad.

I also agree with William. This museum will most likely have history twisted to make the Blacks look like victims and will not mention anywhere that the U.S. got most of their slaves by buying them from Black Africans.

And how does that make the buyer any less culpable? :eusa_eh:
The demand had to be there for the market to flourish.

God forbid anyone thinks slaves were victims

What were they thinking?

What were they thinking?

No, the slaves were victims. Blacks today are NOT. The Blacks today are who I was referring to. ;)

What were they thinking?

The people that were enslaved during the 18th & 19th centuries were victims, and did not deserve the life they had to endure.

The Black Africans who sold them into slavery were profiteers, and made a better life for themselves on the pain, suffering, and deaths of the Black African slaves THEY sold.

The current crop of reparation seekers are again trying to make a fast buck on the pain, suffering, and deaths of those poor unfortunate Black African men and woman who were sold into slavery.

I guess what goes around, comes around.

And how does that make the buyer any less culpable? :eusa_eh:
The demand had to be there for the market to flourish.

The demand would not have been there if the market wasn't. ;)

Besides, I never said that the buyers were not guilty. I was only adressing the fact that Blacks were the ones selling slaves to the Whites would not be mentioned. It never is.

Even today, the Whites who had nothing to do with slavery are looked at as being guilty by those who were never a slave in their lives.

There is still slavery going on in Africa but yet Whites are the evil ones. :cuckoo:

What were they thinking?

No, the slaves were victims. Blacks today are NOT. The Blacks today are who I was referring to. ;)

I believe the museum is about history

What were they thinking?

The people that were enslaved during the 18th & 19th centuries were victims, and did not deserve the life they had to endure.

The Black Africans who sold them into slavery were profiteers, and made a better life for themselves on the pain, suffering, and deaths of the Black African slaves THEY sold.

The current crop of reparation seekers are again trying to make a fast buck on the pain, suffering, and deaths of those poor unfortunate Black African men and woman who were sold into slavery.

Nobody is seriously expecting reparations. You can calm down now

What were they thinking?

Whoever writes the history can leave out whatever they want. Whoever runs a museum can leave out whatever they want. Being about history don't mean that the history will be 100% correct or include ALL matters.

What were they thinking?

Nobody is seriously expecting reparations. You can calm down now

Some of these old gopers do get carried away..

Whoever writes the history can leave out whatever they want. Whoever runs a museum can leave out whatever they want. Being about history don't mean that the history will be 100% correct or include ALL matters.

This is america ....you are free to open your own museum and present any twisted version of history you want

This congressman should investigate why the Smithsonian denies Matthew Henson's role as discoverer of the North Pole. In its magazine and tv presentation, the Smithsonian made the quest to reach the North Pole a question of which white man was the first. Matthew Henson's name was brought up only to dismiss him. Certainly, the Smithsonian knows that Henson brought critical skills to the Peary team and, as trailbreaker, was the first person to reach the North Pole. Matt Henson was acknowledged as co-discoverer of the North Pole by Congress and Pres. Truman and Eisenhower. During the Jim Crow era! So, why does the Smithsonian in the 21st century decide to exclude Matthew Henson from their magazine/tv coverage? Rep. Moran's concern about the balkanation of America is misplaced. He should go over to the Smithsonian big house and ask those people why they are excluding African-Americans from American history.

The Smithsonian's new national black museum hasn't integrated Washington, D.C.'s whitest address yet, and it's already dodging spitballs from Congress.

Are you the resident forum idiot?

92% of black voters voted for Obama. That only leaves 8% that show any signs of intelligence at all.

Last edited:
The Smithsonian's new national black museum hasn't integrated Washington, D.C.'s whitest address yet, and it's already dodging spitballs from Congress.

Are you the resident forum idiot?
Thats a quote from the article if you had bothered to read it, idiot

I'm a self-avowed idiot and I didn't read past the first post of this thread.

Peeps is peeps, black or white or brown or red or yellow.

I'm fascinated by the drama and struggle of the downtrodden. Because as a whitey I once rose from the ashes of poverty and social degredation. Yet, now that I'm successful, I still deal with that degredation because of my work in life.

In the 50's and 60's my father was outcast because of his association with the black community, such as it was in our small town of 9,000.

One day, when I was maybe 9 years old, he sat me on his knee and said "boy- you judge people by what's in their hearts and what's in their minds".

There are many heartfully and mindfully evil peeps in this world and I've met plenty of them. But I take them as I meet them. And I judge them based on their hearts and minds, regardless.

And there are many, many truely good people in this world - black, white, brown, red, and yellow.

And they are my friends.

Decide for yourselves those whom are to become your friends. Stay away from the bad shit in life.
Only then will you find yourselves wealthy beyond coin.

Forum List

Back