Will We Be Alright With Loved Ones In Hell?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
This question keeps running through my mind. I'm not really worried about this myself with the exception of not being sure with one person that I know that I'm keeping their identity secret for privacy and personal reasons, but does anybody know how this would work if we're not with everybody we love and care about in Heaven because they chose to reject Christ?

I have a grandfather and I am certain that he is in Hell, since he was a wicked man IMO. His last act was to shoot himself in the head.

There is no more hope for him.

I have a grandfather and I am certain that he is in Hell, since he was a wicked man IMO. His last act was to shoot himself in the head.

Sorry to hear that, but that doesn't really answer my question because I'm talking about how we will feel about being separated from them in Heaven, not while we're still on earth.

if we're not with everybody we love and care about in Heaven because
You will be eternally so alone it is not good, just likeAdam was before Eve was created. That's how it works if you actually read the WHOLE bible, which no Christian has ever done.

When people commit suicide, it is almost always because they suffered from a depressive or bipolar disorder, which is genetic and passed down, sometimes skipping generations. Inwardly, your grandfather was probably a tortured soul because of his depression.
My wife's mother was permanently institutionalized for her bipolar condition and my late wife was diagnosed with depression (although, living with her, I could see that she had subtle manic phases). Life wasn't easy for her, but at least she didn't kill herself.
The trouble with religious zealots is that they categorize things as being evil and influenced by the devil or good people and influenced by a religious belief and a deity.

Last edited:
This question keeps running through my mind. I'm not really worried about this myself with the exception of not being sure with one person that I know that I'm keeping their identity secret for privacy and personal reasons, but does anybody know how this would work if we're not with everybody we love and care about in Heaven because they chose to reject Christ?

Perhaps if you care enough about someone you will force them to believe? Unlikely. That being the case, maybe force them to save themselves while still above ground.

The Catholic Church notes that the warning about losing heaven is directed to those who believe, have formerly embraced Christ and his ways, and then deliberately chose hell over Christ. Those who haven't had (or didn't take) the opportunity to accept Jesus and his teachings are not addressed--only those who did accept and then rejected--and chose evil and hell.

The great thing about accepting Jesus and following his ways in this life is that we have our head start right here, right now. We are like the vineyard workers who got to be with their lord the entire day, an opportunity I feel blessed to have.

My grandfather was an atheist. I know he has an afterlife. About a year after he died, I was really upset and needed help. Grandpa to the rescue (just like he was during his time on earth).

The best thing we can do is be happy for ourselves in our present life. Our happiness, more than anything, may draw people to Christ--with a big assist from the Holy Spirit, naturally.

You will be eternally so alone it is not good, just likeAdam was before Eve was created. That's how it works if you actually read the WHOLE bible, which no Christian has ever done.

Actually, I have.

When people commit suicide, it is almost always because they suffered from a depressive or bipolar disorder, which is genetic and passed down, sometimes skipping generations. Inwardly, your grandfather was probably a tortured soul because of his depression.
My wife's mother was permanently institutionalized for her bipolar condition and my late wife was diagnoses with depression (although, living with her, I could see that she had subtle manic phases). Life wasn't easy for her, but at least she didn't kill herself.
The trouble with religious zealots is that they categorize things as being evil and influenced by the devil or good people and influenced by a religious belief and a deity.

Agreed. If suicide was the unforgivable sin Jesus would have mentioned it.

My wife's mother was permanently institutionalized for her bipolar condition and my late wife was diagnosed with depression (although, living with her, I could see that she had subtle manic phases). Life wasn't easy for her, but at least she didn't kill herself.
Your post makes me think that you don’t believe in Heaven and Hell.
Is that the case? If so you are blind to reality, look at Hitler and the SS, there was demonic activity going on there.

Please define a religious zealot.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

These indicate that we are all saved regardless of how long it takes.

This is a fitting position for a god as compared to Christian thinking that he would loose any of his children.

We are, after all, created in god's image and will join him.

This eliminates the debate on why a god would have to create a hell for the evil souls he somehow created defective.

Regards
DL

That’s a stupid question, you won’t ask it a million years from now, you will know exactly where it is.
Why is it a stupid question?

Don't you know, and why would you not take the opportunity to inform the uninformed?

Regards
DL

The great thing about accepting Jesus and following his ways in this life is that we have our head start right here, right now.
???

You have to sin to accept substitutional punishment as good. Not that you care.

On Jesus dying for Christians. Try to think in a moral way.

It takes quite an inflated ego to think a god would actually die for us, after condemning us unjustly in the first place.

Christians have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil they make Jesus to keep their feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost, because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

Christians also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that Christians would teach their children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are promoting doing just that.

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fiber as Yahweh. Tsk tsk.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back