Will we be able to transport people via Star Trek by 2250?

They've been able to teleport atoms for some years now.
I do believe they tried doing it to an apple at one point, but nothing happened.
Been a few years since I've read up on this stuff.

Living cell desequencers and resequencers are still in the hypothetical stage, and will be at least 100 years before they get to anything close to resembling a beginner transporter like ST has.

You would have to have super-hyper-intelligent AI computers to be able to deconstruct a living thing at the atomic level, time suspend it, transport it through barriers and space/air without it getting contaminated or loosing coherency during transport, then flag the receiving resequencer and have it check for contamination and any degrading that may have occurred, and use some form of bio-genetic substances to replace any contaminants or degraded atoms/dna, and using a trillion layered security algorithm to use the pattern medical scripts to reconstruct the atoms/dna sequences to form the thing that was transported.

Unless there's a new pc tech genius that creates something to make Gates' work look like something from the stone age, then it will be another 500-1000 years before actual working transporters are developed and in use.

You would have to have super-hyper-intelligent AI computers to be able to deconstruct a living thing at the atomic level

The part I can never get past is the part where a person steps into the transport beam, gets converted to dissolvable matter, then gets taken apart by the atom to be converted to a stream of energy all the while the person is conscious and feels no pain.

This will be great. I’m 6’1” and need to be reassembled at 6’7” to be in the NBA.

The part I can never get past is the part where a person steps into the transport beam, gets converted to dissolvable matter, then gets taken apart by the atom to be converted to a stream of energy all the while the person is conscious and feels no pain.

Yeah, there are lots of inconsistencies with the Star Trek storyline as a whole.
I noticed a LOT of them during STNG.

Probably not ever going to be possible in the way it's portrayed.

Yeah, there are lots of inconsistencies with the Star Trek storyline as a whole.

Well, the stories are generally scientifically "plausible." Star Trek was researched out by the Rand Corporation.

No more roman candles with sparks and smoke coming out of the exhaust.

But that still leaves a lot of gaping holes where all we can say for now is that "and now a miracle occurs here." :SMILEW~130:

I just hope no fly gets in with me...:scared1:

If you remember in ST4, the blonde girl is transported from the ground into the Klingon spaceship. She is dizzy and still blonde. :4_13_65:
So, something is felt and it has to be something we get used to.
In Tomorrowland, when the three are transported to the Eiffel Tower, they have to drink a lot of Coke and before they left, they had to eat that powered stuff because of the dehydration and sugar problem.

Forum List

Back