Will Trump Take Credit For This? Boeing Cuts 1,880 Jobs

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
Trump has taken credit for all the new jobs in the U.S. lately despite many of the plans already being in place before he became President. So will he take credit for Boeing's move to cut 1,880 jobs through "voluntary layoffs?" Basically Boeing got rid of these people by offering them a buy out to quit.

"SEATTLE (Reuters) - Boeing Co has accepted 1,880 voluntary layoffs from its union machinists and engineers in the Seattle area, the unions said on Thursday, part of the jet maker's drive to cut costs through job reductions and other measures."

Boeing gets 1,880 union workers to take voluntary layoffs

Trump has taken credit for all the new jobs in the U.S. lately despite many of the plans already being in place before he became President. So will he take credit for Boeing's move to cut 1,880 jobs through "voluntary layoffs?" Basically Boeing got rid of these people by offering them a buy out to quit.

"SEATTLE (Reuters) - Boeing Co has accepted 1,880 voluntary layoffs from its union machinists and engineers in the Seattle area, the unions said on Thursday, part of the jet maker's drive to cut costs through job reductions and other measures."

Of coarse not...but did you hear about the new 80,000 Home Depot jobs in the bay area that Trump didn't get but will take credit for in the spring?

Well, if you want to blame Trump for workers voluntarily and otherwise being contractually unemployed by the February 1st 2017, a week or so after Trump took office and give Obama a complete pass I can only point and laugh at you as a typical sourpuss Democrat.. but hey enjoy...

personally, I figure Trump was kinda busy that week but I'm unreasonable I guess...:laugh:

Well, if you want to blame Trump for workers voluntarily and otherwise being contractually unemployed by the February 1st 2017, a week or so after Trump took office and give Obama a complete pass I can only point and laugh at you as a typical sourpuss Democrat.. but hey enjoy...

personally, I figure Trump was kinda busy that week but I'm unreasonable...:laugh:

He took credit for jobs before now... and you praised him for it. Who's the idiot?

So all those jobs became non-union and moved to South Carolina.

Wait a minute, these layoff's started in 2016? How is that Trumps fault?

personally, I figure Trump was kinda busy that week but I'm unreasonable...:laugh:

He took credit for jobs before now... and you praised him for it. Who's the idiot?

I don't recall praising him, I do figure that's part of his job though.

Sorry, still obviously you... :laugh:

Wait a minute, these layoff's started in 2016? How is that Trumps fault?

psssst .. that doesn't seem to matter... (frothing and hypocrisy involved)

Funny to watch people come to his defense and say he had no control over this...

Yet gave him credit for jobs created prior to this in other companies. I knew this would happen, I was just waiting for a story like this to come out so I could post it and see it for myself. Thanks for proving me right. :2up:

Funny to watch people come to his defense and say he had no control over this...

Yet gave him credit for jobs created prior to this in other companies. I knew this would happen, I was just waiting for a story like this to come out so I could post it and see it for myself. Thanks for proving me right. :2up:

Do you hold Obama responsible at all or do you prefer appearing a preferential hypocrite on the matter? (1 week, Trump vs at least a year, Obama)

Last edited:

Do you hold Obama responsible at all or do you prefer appearing a hypocrite on the matter?

Have I given my opinion on who is accountable for you to even call me a hypocrite? Thanks for playing.

SEATTLE (Reuters) - Boeing Co <BA.N> has accepted 1,880 voluntary layoffs from its union machinists and engineers in the Seattle area, the unions said on Thursday, part of the jet maker's drive to cut costs through job reductions and other measures.

Boeing's machinists union, the touch labor that builds airplanes near Seattle, said about 1,575 workers had taken voluntary layoffs by the deadline in February.

Boeing's white-collar union said Boeing accepted 305 members for voluntary layoffs in January. Last year, Boeing cut about 1,200 white-collar union jobs - 850 through voluntary layoffs and 350 through involuntary reductions, said Bill Dugovich, spokesman for the Society of Professional Engineering Employees in Aerospace.

"Boeing has told us to expect about the same number of total layoffs in 2017 as 2016," he said.

The job reductions had been announced last year and workers had until Feb. 1 to apply.

"These are all voluntary, where people planned to retire or had other plans," said Connie Kelliher, a spokeswoman for the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers District 751.............

Fake News......yeah that's it

SEATTLE (Reuters) - Boeing Co <BA.N> has accepted 1,880 voluntary layoffs from its union machinists and engineers in the Seattle area, the unions said on Thursday, part of the jet maker's drive to cut costs through job reductions and other measures.

Boeing's machinists union, the touch labor that builds airplanes near Seattle, said about 1,575 workers had taken voluntary layoffs by the deadline in February.

Boeing's white-collar union said Boeing accepted 305 members for voluntary layoffs in January. Last year, Boeing cut about 1,200 white-collar union jobs - 850 through voluntary layoffs and 350 through involuntary reductions, said Bill Dugovich, spokesman for the Society of Professional Engineering Employees in Aerospace.

"Boeing has told us to expect about the same number of total layoffs in 2017 as 2016," he said.

The job reductions had been announced last year and workers had until Feb. 1 to apply.

"These are all voluntary, where people planned to retire or had other plans," said Connie Kelliher, a spokeswoman for the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers District 751.............

Funny how the details matter only when it would make Trump look bad. :dunno:

Link?

Funny how YOU left out certain details......

So we're supposed to not give credit to Trump who has kept these jobs here in a months time but attribute those jobs to obie who had eight years to do so and never could.

You may want t keep waiting for your story because this one isn't adding up.

Funny how YOU left out certain details......

I didn't leave out any details. I provided a link to the story. It is your responsibility to read it. Most here don't even take the time to do that.

So we're supposed to not give credit to Trump who has kept these jobs here in a months time but attribute those jobs to obie who had eight years to do so and never could.

You may want t keep waiting for your story because this one isn't adding up.

Please translate that to English and then repost.

Forum List

Back