Will the real Newt Gingrich please stand up?

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
It's fascinating how well people have thought they know Newt. We've known him for decades, right?

Apparently Gingrich still needs vetting ... or we need reminding.

Is it too late? Will Gingrich supporters shoot the messengers and use of who Gingrich was in Gingrich's own words as some sort of rationalization that he deserves the nomination even more?

I sure hope it's not too late.

It's fascinating how well people have thought they know Newt. We've known him for decades, right?

Is it too late? Will Gingrich supporters shoot the messengers and use of who Gingrich was in Gingrich's own words as some sort of rationalization that he deserves the nomination even more?

I'm amazed he can call himself a "Reagan Republican", when he spent a lot of time bashing the man. Perhaps he should check with some REAL historians. Here's a hint Newt, real historians don't live off multi-million dollar "salaries" from commercial interests.

• Banned
From 1986:

"Measured against the scale and momentum of the Soviet empire’s challenge, the Reagan administration has failed, is failing, and without a dramatic change in strategy will continue to fail. . . . President Reagan is clearly failing."

From 1988:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOnWzGB7G1g]Newt Gingrich bad-mouths Ronald Reagan in 1988 - YouTube[/ame]

I hope CNN asks him about things like that. It will be interesting to see how he spins it. I'm sure he'll have an answer. And I'm sure it will be brilliant. /sarcasm

• Banned

I'm amazed he can call himself a "Reagan Republican", when he spent a lot of time bashing the man. Perhaps he should check with some REAL historians. Here's a hint Newt, real historians don't live off multi-million dollar "salaries" from commercial interests.

Yes, I'm STILL waiting to hear why the Freddie Mac lobbyists decided they needed a historian on the payroll ... and how Gingrich got on the short list of candidates for that job. Surely there were many more active and respectable historians they could have tapped ... if that's what they were looking for.

From 1986:

"Measured against the scale and momentum of the Soviet empire’s challenge, the Reagan administration has failed, is failing, and without a dramatic change in strategy will continue to fail. . . . President Reagan is clearly failing."

From 1988:

Newt Gingrich bad-mouths Ronald Reagan in 1988 - YouTube

I hope CNN asks him about things like that. It will be interesting to see how he spins it. I'm sure he'll have an answer. And I'm sure it will be brilliant. /sarcasm

For a man that claims his knowledge of history gives him incite into the future, missing the fall of the SU makes me wonder if he believes anything he says. :doubt:

• Banned
Apparently Newt thought it was better to drop Rockefeller's name in 1988, as opposed to how he latches onto Goldwater now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJQsLFhuyOY]Newt Gingrich: I supported Rockefeller over Goldwater - YouTube[/ame]

• Banned
For a man that claims his knowledge of history gives him incite into the future, missing the fall of the SU makes me wonder if he believes anything he says. :doubt:

I'm seriously considering the possibility that he DOES believe everything he says. When it's coming out of his mouth it seems he might actually believe it. Which I think concerns me more than if he were consciously parsing his words in an attempt to pander.

I'm seriously considering the possibility that he DOES believe everything he says.
....Until he CHANGES HIS MIND!!!

"Newt Gingrich's campaign admitted Wednesday night the former House speaker was inaccurate when he claimed his team offered several witnesses to ABC News to refute statements made by Gingrich's second wife in a controversial interview aired last week."

532.gif

• Banned
Former Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott today offered a scathing review of former House Speaker Newt Gingrich's leadership, saying Gingrich is taking credit for things he didn't do--and made mistakes as a leader that badly hurt Republicans.

Lott said last year he was backing former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, but has declined to openly criticize Gingrich, whom he calls a friend. But in an interview with CBS News, he unloaded on the former speaker, his perceived weaknesses, and his inability to lead.

Lott said he was speaking out now because he worried about the future of his grandchildren. He said he'd long assumed Gingrich wouldn't win the nomination. That changed with the former Speaker's dominant victory Saturday in South Carolina--which made the prospect real.

"He knows how to touch the right hot buttons and on the stump he's good, you gotta give him credit for that," Lott said of Gingrich. "I just don't think that's what we need in a president."

When asked whether Gingrich could win an election against Barack Obama, Lott was blunt.

"I'm sure he wouldn't, frankly," Lott said.

More at: Trent Lott: "Grandiose" Gingrich can't beat Obama - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Will the real Newt Gingrich please stand up?
It's kinda lookin' like he's USED to sittin'-around on his fat-ass!!!

January 30, 2012

"Newt Gingrich has made headlines and raised eyebrows on the campaign trail for proposing to make poor children work as janitors in their school, saying it would help them understand the value of work and money.

But apparently, even on child janitorial work, Gingrich is employing a double standard. As Karen Tumulty notes, in a 1995 Vanity Fair profile, Gingrich seemed to refuse to get a job as a student.

Newt, who avoided Vietnam with student and marriage deferments, resisted taking a job. During his college years, Newt called up his father and stepmother to ask for financial help."

Well, since you bumped this, maybe a Newt advocate can explain the explanations for why he said what he said about Reagan.

I heard that context was given which somehow made him a great advocate of Reagan in spite of how the "Reagan has failed, is failing and will continue to fail" bit sounded.

But I don't know what the context was.

Last edited:
Well, since you bumped this, maybe a Newt advocate can explain the explanations for why he said what he said about Reagan.

I heard that context was given which somehow made him a great advocate of Reagan in spite of how the "Reagan has failed, is failing and will continue to fail" bit sounded.

But I don't know what the context was.
I guess he's got "somewhat" a problem with people failing him!

He needs to....

Rush_hydrocodone.jpg

From 1986:

From 1988:

Newt Gingrich bad-mouths Ronald Reagan in 1988 - YouTube

causingpain-albums-crap-picture4258-newt-clown1.jpg

Last edited:

Newt, Mitt, they're both losers.

If you're going to lose, at least go with a guy who will let Obama know he was in a fight.

Forum List

Back