Will the Patriots have a let down against the Bears?

Every fucking season they haven't won a super bowl this past decade was a losing season.

I'm not sure how you can justify losing a Super Bowl, 5 NFC championships, various different earlier round playoff losses, and a few seasons with a losing record.

At what point do you realize that the coach takes the blame? Donovan was really the only other constant. Otherwise, there's been several different rosters during these last 10 years, so it's hard to say it's just personnel.

I've had this argument with people enough. The bottom line is Andy Reid's time has come and gone.

I see you can't name a more successful Eagles coach. How many playoff games did Buddy Ryan win? How many NFC championships did the Eagles win before Andy Reid?

I'm a Giants fan, I have watched the Eagles play for 40 years. This is the best the franchise has ever done

Be careful what you wish for...it will be a long time before the Eagles have a coach as good as Andy Reid

I see your point, but...... bud grant was a great coach too, but when you look at past SB winners........:eusa_eh: the vikes don't make the cut. see my point?

True...but how many coaches have the Vikings had that were better than Bud Grant?

There are a lot of bad coaches out there. Andy Reid is not one of them

If your goal is to lose in the playoffs, then Andy Reid is your man.

True story :thup:

Exactly.

Losing the NFC championship game 235821890 times and a super bowl as well, is no better than just not even winning any games at all.

At least with a losing record season I can get over it sooner and move on with my life without the stress on my heart come January.

And for the record, I have always liked Buddy Ryan better than Andy Reid.

And Dick Vermeil didn't lose 5 NFC championship games.

I see you can't name a more successful Eagles coach. How many playoff games did Buddy Ryan win? How many NFC championships did the Eagles win before Andy Reid?

I'm a Giants fan, I have watched the Eagles play for 40 years. This is the best the franchise has ever done

Be careful what you wish for...it will be a long time before the Eagles have a coach as good as Andy Reid

I see your point, but...... bud grant was a great coach too, but when you look at past SB winners........:eusa_eh: the vikes don't make the cut. see my point?

True...but how many coaches have the Vikings had that were better than Bud Grant?

There are a lot of bad coaches out there. Andy Reid is not one of them

no one gives a shit rw and have a hard time remembering who bud grant was....bill walsh hell yea, bill parcells hell yeah, marv levy ? in infamy, hes the biggest loser there is aside from reid. just because levy went to the SB 4 times in a row doesn't make him a greatest coach in the annals of the game, it makes him a greatest loser, the big one is all there is, thats why its called the big one...
and then again even 1 may not get you there, who the fuck remembers how george seifert was, and he built their 80's defense and won a SB...? :lol:

the Patriots are clicking on all cylinders. My Bears are in trouble.

fuck. I think Marv Levy is the best coach in history using RW's model. No one else has ever made it to four straight super bowls.

fuck. I think Marv Levy is the best coach in history using RW's model. No one else has ever made it to four straight super bowls.

Yeah, shit, let's just call Jim Kelly the greatest QB too while we're at it :lol:

Buddy never won anything. He talked a big game but never even won a playoff game. Dick Vermeil was a vvery good coach...compare his record in Philly to Andy Reid, he did not do as well

Philly fans are A-holes. Andy Reid is a top 5 coach in the NFL. Run him out of town and you think you will get someone better? Reid puts a competitive team on the field every year. Throw injuries at him and he still figures out how to win. You gotta be in it to win it. Reid gets you in it....no other Philly coach has

Still the best coach Philly has ever had

Buddy never won anything. He talked a big game but never even won a playoff game. Dick Vermeil was a vvery good coach...compare his record in Philly to Andy Reid, he did not do as well

Philly fans are A-holes. Andy Reid is a top 5 coach in the NFL. Run him out of town and you think you will get someone better? Reid puts a competitive team on the field every year. Throw injuries at him and he still figures out how to win. You gotta be in it to win it. Reid gets you in it....no other Philly coach has

When it matters most, he fails.

It was cool the first couple times we went deep in the playoffs, but sorry bro, it's gotten old at this point. 7 years of playoff chokes. Some are Donovan's fault, but as the coach, they're all on Reid's shoulders.

Super Bowl, under 3 minutes left, down by 3, our ball and we're marching down towards FG range...

The whole offense is breaking huddle each play and just slowly strolling up to the line as precious time ticks away. Donovan's puking, and we're just fucking throwing the entire game away.

That's where the coach is supposed to step up and take control of his team. Reid sat on his fat ass while we copped out to being "exhausted" with fucking 2 minutes left in the biggest game of these bastards' lives.

Nah dude. Reid is a failure.

It was cool the first couple times we went deep in the playoffs, but sorry bro, it's gotten old at this point. 7 years of playoff chokes. Some are Donovan's fault, but as the coach, they're all on Reid's shoulders.

Super Bowl, under 3 minutes left, down by 3, our ball and we're marching down towards FG range...

The whole offense is breaking huddle each play and just slowly strolling up to the line as precious time ticks away. Donovan's puking, and we're just fucking throwing the entire game away.

That's where the coach is supposed to step up and take control of his team. Reid sat on his fat ass while we copped out to being "exhausted" with fucking 2 minutes left in the biggest game of these bastards' lives.

Come back and whine when Reid is gone and the Eagles haven't made the playoffs in 5 years. Just like before he came

Come back and whine when Reid is gone and the Eagles haven't made the playoffs in 5 years. Just like before he came

After 7 heartbreaks from chokes, tell me, what the fuck is really difference between that and losing seasons with no playoff berths?

At the end of the day, it's all a let down.

After 7 heartbreaks from chokes, tell me, what the fuck is really difference between that and losing seasons with no playoff berths?

As a Giant fan, I never realized Eagle fans were such a bunch of pussies. You are tied for first so far this year.....giving up already?
I have rooted for losing teams before. I know what it is like to wait 15 years for a playoff appearance. i know what it is like when your season is over by mid-November. Go back to that after you run Reid out of town and then tell us it is the same thing

As a Giant fan, I never realized Eagle fans were such a bunch of pussies. You are tied for first so far this year.....giving up already?
I have rooted for losing teams before. I know what it is like to wait 15 years for a playoff appearance. i know what it is like when your season is over by mid-November. Go back to that after you run Reid out of town and then tell us it is the same thing

No, I'm not giving up at all. As always, I'm going to let it play out, put my heart into it, and hope that somehow THIS year is different.

Just another year in the life of a Philly sports fan.

Bears/Pats, game of the week. Bears win if they bring their A game like they did against the Eagles, which I doubt. Cutler having his best year. No interceptions on 'Bieber'-Brady last 7 games, so he's overdue. Bounce factor not a factor for Pats as Jets did not show up last week.
Pats win but not dominate.

No, I'm not giving up at all. As always, I'm going to let it play out, put my heart into it, and hope that somehow THIS year is different.

Just another year in the life of a Philly sports fan.

:beer:

Well...good luck to ya

Andy Reid has his problems, but he also takes a bit more flack from Philly fans than he should.

Maybe it's time for him to leave, but I have to agree with rw, if he does, it's unlikely the Eagles will get as good a coach.

And constantly losing is not the same as getting to the playoffs every year but not winning the SB. As a fan of more than one formerly successful team now in the dumps (49ers, Islanders) I find at least some success and the hopes of a championship preferable to constant losing and no hope of a championship. Yes, Philly getting as close as they have without winning it all must be frustrating as hell, but I still think it's better than some of the alternatives. I bet there are Lions fans that would sell their souls to get to an NFC championship game rather than breaking records for losing streaks :)

Oh, and getting to 4 SBs in a row, even though he lost them all, certainly puts Levy up there in the pantheon of coaches. Not the best ever, certainly, but that kind of sustained success, never accomplished before or since, deserves some respect.

When Levy was taking the Bills to 4 straight superbowls, the AFC was never ever worse.

Winning a shitty conference 4 years in a row doesn't impress me greatly.

However, when the Patriots went to 4 superbowls over 7 years, the AFC was never better. :D

Forum List

Back