Will Speaker Pelosi withhold articles of impeachment from Senate until guaranteed a fair trial?

Some House Democrats push Pelosi to withhold impeachment articles, delaying Senate trial

When will Speaker Pelosi send Articles of Impeachment to the Senate for trial? Apparently that is her choice if/when she sends them over for trial. It sounds like she is strategically waiting for feedback from McConnell about the rules/procedures - and FAIRNESS. If she thinks it's just going to be a sham trial - she may not send them over. The Articles of Impeachment DO NOT EXPIRE - not next year; not next Congress; not ever.

What do you think?
Hahaha....

Fair?

Hahahaha...

Newsflash. Democrats want to put a tourniquet on their wrists. Not keep the blade in.

The Articles of Impeachment DO NOT EXPIRE - not next year; not next Congress; not ever.
Nothing the Democrats do surprises me. Maybe Pelosi is tired of being Speaker and wants them to hose the House. Apparently she can't even walk down the hall without holding on to an assistant. I think she's done.

Why should Pelosi send it to the Senate knowing McConnell will quickly dismiss?

Why not make Trump run as an Impeached President?

When will Speaker Pelosi send Articles of Impeachment to the Senate for trial? Apparently that is her choice if/when she sends them over for trial. It sounds like she is strategically waiting for feedback from McConnell about the rules/procedures - and FAIRNESS. If she thinks it's just going to be a sham trial - she may not send them over.

What do you think?
'Fair Trial'?

You mean will Pelosi hold the Articles of Impeachment in hopes the Democrats will take the Senate and be able to hold another Constitution / civil rights violating Inquisition in which they unfairly impose their biased criminal will in the GOP and American people, as they did in the House during their coup hearings.

The fact that f*ing morons like you support these hypocrites while attempting to laughably claim what the Democrats perpetrated in the House was a 'fair trial' is nauseating.

Hopefully Pelosi withholds the Articles of Impeachment...

...hopefully the majority of Americans who were held hostage the last 3 years while their vote and right to choose their own President will punish the hell out of the Democrats come election time...

...hopefully the Dems will lose the House, fail to take the Senate, & Trump wins in a true landslide...

...hopefully Pelosi will lose the Speaker of the House position permanently...

...hopefully the new Speaker and GOP majority will vote to rescind the Articles / Impeachment vote not sent to the Senate...

...hopefully the criminals - to include Pelosi, Schiff, & Nadler will be indicted, convicted, and become someone's bit@h in prison...

Hmmm, I guess two can play that game. If the house can hold the articles for as long as they want, i guess there are no rules that state when the Senate has to have the trial.

If pelosi wants to play hard ball, McConnell could just say "fine, hold the articles as long as you want, we will have the trial in 2025.

Some House Democrats push Pelosi to withhold impeachment articles, delaying Senate trial

When will Speaker Pelosi send Articles of Impeachment to the Senate for trial? Apparently that is her choice if/when she sends them over for trial. It sounds like she is strategically waiting for feedback from McConnell about the rules/procedures - and FAIRNESS. If she thinks it's just going to be a sham trial - she may not send them over. The Articles of Impeachment DO NOT EXPIRE - not next year; not next Congress; not ever.

What do you think?

Nice question. McConnell wants to do it quick, quick, quick --- I think he's right. Get it done and over with. I'll be watching to see if Pelosi delays the "trial." (Vote to acquit.)

I love it!
McConnell will just rush a vote and blow it away

Why not just wait until the election?
If Trump wins and Dems take the Senate....THEN you vote on impeachment

What is the hurry?

Maybe you should ask the House Dems that, for rushing through the Impeachment process. Now they want to delay everything? WTF? It looks very queer.

Even if your scenario plays out, there's no way the Dems are going to have 67 votes to remove Trump from office. They would get to set the rules for the trial and do whatever they want to, but they can't make the Repub Senators vote guilty. And you have to wonder what the independent voters are going to think about all these shenanigans. It might hurt the Dems chances for taking the Senator and keeping their House majority.

What do you think?

The ONLY true 'strategy' is for the House to hand over the impeachment articles to the Senate, NOW.

Why bother delaying?

Did the Pelosi House not get what they wanted?

Time to further this mess down the road to an actual trial.

And in the upcoming debates.............

OMG.............Trump was impeached ...........LOL

The drama..............barf.............what a lame as show..........let me check netflix......gotta be something better to watch.

Is there anything in the Constitution that says the House must immediately send articles of impeachment to the Senate?

There is nothing that says you must fill a Supreme Court Seat

The drama..............barf.............what a lame as show..........let me check netflix......gotta be something better to watch.

I like the idea of debating Trump as a President under Impeachment

Because it's her fkn job to send it to the Senate!!!

Technically Trump hasn't been impeached until impeachment articles are sent to the Senate for Trial.

Is there anything in the Constitution that says the House must immediately send articles of impeachment to the Senate?

There is nothing that says you must fill a Supreme Court Seat

The Articles of Impeachment DO NOT EXPIRE - not next year; not next Congress; not ever.

A democratic Congressman just said that a few minutes ago. So, Speaker Pelosi can hold them as long as she wants.

He's not impeached until the Senate has 67+ ayes. (Which they ain't gettin'.)

Funny. He is now IMPEACHED - just not convicted - yet. He is forever IMPEACHED even if there is never a Senate trial.

Gives new meaning to TRUMP's phrase of the "do nothing democrats"...

The democrats impeachment is based on the claim of TRUMP abusing power and obstructing congress...

So Pelosi thinks it's going to help win support by continuing to abusing her power and obstructing the senate.

I like the idea of debating Trump as a President under Impeachment
Well good for you.........LOL

I love it!
McConnell will just rush a vote and blow it away

Why not just wait until the election?
If Trump wins and Dems take the Senate....THEN you vote on impeachment

What is the hurry?

They still need 67 votes. In any event, maybe prominent Democrats being executed in the streets would compel them to reconsider their fascist ways.

Gives new meaning to TRUMP's phrase of the "do nothing democrats"...

The democrats impeachment is based on the claim of TRUMP abusing power and obstructing congress...

So Pelosi thinks it's going to help win support by continuing to abusing her power and obstructing the senate.

Funny. She is not obstructing the Senate.

Will Speaker Pelosi withhold articles of impeachment from Senate until guaranteed a fair trial?

I missed this.......!!! Fair trial??

Who in the heck is Pelosi to request a fair trial when one wasn't given to Trump?

Any butthead who claims Trump had DUE PROCESS during this faux impeachment need to pull their head out and study the Constitution.

Forum List

Back