Will Rubio's Endorsement of Romney Bring him the TEA Party Vote?

Yea, that is my thinking. Rubio does carry a lot of weight with the TEA Parties... he's not a 'party' man... he's quite an independent thinker.... which is why I respect him. I like what he had to say about Romney... it confirms other feedback I've had about him.

I'd like to see Rubio as VP, but I don't think he'd take the job if offered.
Knowing Marco, I believe he would take the job if the party convinced him that he gave Romney the best chance for a win. He's young enough, has the charisma, looks and following to make him a very viable successor to Romney 8 years from now.
Rubio in the second spot would guarantee Florida and gain a good percentage of the Hispanic vote.
I'm not convinced that Romney is the best candidate, but he's the best in the race, at this point. What bothers me is he's a McCain/Dole candidate; chosen for us by the MSM.

He really isn't a 'McCain/Dole'. One of the things I like about him is his ability to work with the Democrats... I know other conservatives might disagree but - whether we like it or not - this country belongs to ALL Americans. We owe it to our country to find ground that both sides can walk.... look at what happens when we don't? Eight years of a clusterfuck on the right, followed by four years of left wing bullshit.... I'm tired of that.
Bob Dole and John McCain worked well with Democrats as well. Neither is especially Conservative nor charismatic and were hand picked by the MSM to be either an easily defeated candidate, or barring that, an acceptable alternative. I really hate it when the GOP allows the media to nominate its candidate.
While Romney is a better candidate in my never humble opinion than either Dole or McCain were, he is not my ideal. Damned if I know who is.
Rubio/Christy in 2016 or 2020 could work for me.

I really don't understand how people think Romney is the best GOP choice (unless we're going simply by the compare of the other 2 choices). The man is a complete flip flopper and lies about it. That makes his credibility to do the will of the people completely shot. Who knows what he'll do if granted executive privilege. Most of all, he's not even a conservative.

Best? Or least bad of the bunch?

Rubio is a kid with no experience of ANY kind and who has lied about major parts of his life

That makes him the perfect Repub candidate.

Allow me to fix that for you (circa 3/29/08)
obama is a kid with no experience of ANY kind and who has vigorously hiddent major parts of his life.

That makes him the perfect Democrap candidate.

I really don't understand how people think Romney is the best GOP choice (unless we're going simply by the compare of the other 2 choices). The man is a complete flip flopper and lies about it. That makes his credibility to do the will of the people completely shot. Who knows what he'll do if granted executive privilege. Most of all, he's not even a conservative.

Well, that seems to be the deal. Which to me, is sad. I'm glad for CG having a candidate she likes in the GOP. For me, I can not put trust in a guy that flip flops and can not put forth a deficit/debt reducing budget plan.

When I was part of the TEA Party, govt. spending/debt and intrusively large federal government was what we (for the most part) all rallied around. That was 2007-2008 when the movement first took root. I left because it became painfully obvious that the movement was quickly being hijacked by extremists of the right wing social movement.

At any rate, I'll just have to write my preference in and hope that in the future there is a turning point for the better in the fiscal/constitutional conservative side of the party or a new party springs up.

:confused:

The Tea Party is the rightwing of the Republican Party plus conservative Independents who are de facto conservative Republicans.

They'll vote Republican, like they always do.

That's where you're wrong... but you'll never understand that. I can't even remember voting GOP for POTUS (I can't remember voting Dem either though)..... This is the first time that there has been a candidate that I actually like on either side of the fence. YAY.

I was going to refrain from commenting but I affiliate with the tea party and in the last election I voted for Bob Barr not John McCain. Not too long ago I voted to re-elect the democrat senator from my county over her republican challenger.

NY is just broad brushing again instead of using intellect.

The Tea Party is the rightwing of the Republican Party plus conservative Independents who are de facto conservative Republicans.

They'll vote Republican, like they always do.

That's where you're wrong... but you'll never understand that. I can't even remember voting GOP for POTUS (I can't remember voting Dem either though)..... This is the first time that there has been a candidate that I actually like on either side of the fence. YAY.

You just described yourself as a pro-choice Keynesian who is moderate on gun control,
which means you're not even IN the right wing of the Republican Party...

...so I wasn't talking about you.

I am entirely independent.... certainly a fiscal conservative... socially - it depends on the issue... and I'm not even a member of the Republican Party. In fact, I dislike the GOP almost as much as I dislike the Dems. I'm not a 'party' person.... I'm not that stupid.

Well, that seems to be the deal. Which to me, is sad. I'm glad for CG having a candidate she likes in the GOP. For me, I can not put trust in a guy that flip flops and can not put forth a deficit/debt reducing budget plan.

When I was part of the TEA Party, govt. spending/debt and intrusively large federal government was what we (for the most part) all rallied around. That was 2007-2008 when the movement first took root. I left because it became painfully obvious that the movement was quickly being hijacked by extremists of the right wing social movement.

At any rate, I'll just have to write my preference in and hope that in the future there is a turning point for the better in the fiscal/constitutional conservative side of the party or a new party springs up.

He doesn't flip flop any more than any other politician... certainly no more than Obama. All politicians - to some degree - compromise for the good of those who elect them. That's what we pay them for. The pity of it is that so few Americans have the backbone to put the interests of the country about their own.

He doesn't flip flop any more than any other politician... certainly no more than Obama. All politicians - to some degree - compromise for the good of those who elect them. That's what we pay them for. The pity of it is that so few Americans have the backbone to put the interests of the country about their own.

True. for any romney "flip flop" you can find an obama "flip flop"

Obamacare's mandate is a tax, its not a tax
We will close gitmo, keep gitmo open
George bush is unpatriotic for adding 4 trillion to the debt, i'll add more than 4 trillion

There are 3 little ones......i don't think obama is going to play the "flip-flop" card.

Sad that we have to runa compare and contrast on the two main candidates for executive office.

"Romney has just as many flops and Obama." OK, that's fine, but WTF is the difference between them?
So Obama flopped on his promises after entering office. What's to keep Mitt from doing the same thing? And neither one of these two have submitted budgets that address the elephant and the cracked haul titanic in the room.

It's like choosing pin stripes over plain, or hairstyles and tie colors. I'm interested most of all in retaining my rights/liberties and seeing the govt. get its financial house in order. Not playing compare and contrast on embarrassingly flawed integrity of character.

Anyway, I guess Mitt is just not for me.

Sad that we have to runa compare and contrast on the two main candidates for executive office.

"Romney has just as many flops and Obama." OK, that's fine, but WTF is the difference between them?
So Obama flopped on his promises after entering office. What's to keep Mitt from doing the same thing? And neither one of these two have submitted budgets that address the elephant and the cracked haul titanic in the room.

It's like choosing pin stripes over plain, or hairstyles and tie colors. I'm interested most of all in retaining my rights/liberties and seeing the govt. get its financial house in order. Not playing compare and contrast on embarrassingly flawed integrity of character.

Anyway, I guess Mitt is just not for me.

Like californiagirl said its not really flip-flopping (for both obama and mitt) as much as it is compromising to the reality of the situation and the reality of public opinion.

If Obamacare is found not to be constitutional then Mitt has no chance no matter who gives him an endorsement. Serious question, who on the right would be the closest to Obama if you searched your hardest, answer…. Mitt Romney. Good luck Cali Girl, Mitt is gonna need all the luck he can get..

Last edited:
If Obamacare is found not to be constitutional then Mitt has no chance no matter who gives him an endorsement. Serious question, who on the right would be the closest to Obama if you searched your hardest, answer…. Mitt Romney. Good luck Cali Girl, Mitt is gonna need all the luck he can get..

He might be the closest out of the 4 canidates left but Romney is no where near as far to the left of center in policy and personal values as Obama is.

Knowing Marco, I believe he would take the job if the party convinced him that he gave Romney the best chance for a win. He's young enough, has the charisma, looks and following to make him a very viable successor to Romney 8 years from now.
Rubio in the second spot would guarantee Florida and gain a good percentage of the Hispanic vote.
I'm not convinced that Romney is the best candidate, but he's the best in the race, at this point. What bothers me is he's a McCain/Dole candidate; chosen for us by the MSM.

He really isn't a 'McCain/Dole'. One of the things I like about him is his ability to work with the Democrats... I know other conservatives might disagree but - whether we like it or not - this country belongs to ALL Americans. We owe it to our country to find ground that both sides can walk.... look at what happens when we don't? Eight years of a clusterfuck on the right, followed by four years of left wing bullshit.... I'm tired of that.
Bob Dole and John McCain worked well with Democrats as well. Neither is especially Conservative nor charismatic and were hand picked by the MSM to be either an easily defeated candidate, or barring that, an acceptable alternative. I really hate it when the GOP allows the media to nominate its candidate.
While Romney is a better candidate in my never humble opinion than either Dole or McCain were, he is not my ideal. Damned if I know who is.
Rubio/Christy in 2016 or 2020 could work for me.

the most active and vocal part of the right have pretty much become media puppets.

I hope that the endorsement doesnt bring him tea party votes. That's not to say I dont hope that the Tea Party will support Romney, especially if he is our nominee, which is extremely likely. I just dont want the Tea Party members making decisions based on a political endorsement. They should make decisions based on facts, issue, and character.

I will say this, I dont think the media accurate depicts Romney or his record and that as more people get to know him, he will be well recieved.

I will say this, I dont think the media accurate depicts Romney or his record and that as more people get to know him, he will be well recieved.

What parts are they not depicting accurately?
What parts as people get to know him, will make him well received?

You just described yourself as a pro-choice Keynesian who is moderate on gun control,

I am entirely independent.... certainly a fiscal conservative... socially - it depends on the issue... and I'm not even a member of the Republican Party. In fact, I dislike the GOP almost as much as I dislike the Dems. I'm not a 'party' person.... I'm not that stupid.

So am I, except I am a registered Republican

If and when he is officially named the GOP candidate Romney will get the support of Tea Party conservatives. Anyone but Barry. The question is whether Romney's moderate stance will excite democrats who are tired of B. Hussein's radical craziness.

So am I, except I am a registered Republican

Don't quit your day job dude.

If and when he is officially named the GOP candidate Romney will get the support of Tea Party conservatives. Anyone but Barry. The question is whether Romney's moderate stance will excite democrats who are tired of B. Hussein's radical craziness.

Yup much like liberals fell into the "anyone but bush" mentality conservatives will certainly be impacted by an "anyone but obama" mentality.

Life is a circle, lol.

Forum List

Back