Will Rubio's Endorsement of Romney Bring him the TEA Party Vote?

I have no idea. The TEA Party is pretty factional these days. Quite the contrast from their beginnings in 2007. I'm sure some will endorse Romney.

The Tea party is larger than ever. They're Just quite because of the bias media bashing that went on. Diane Sawyer gets it. She was silences by a Tea Party spokes woman. It was a beautiful thing.

As for Rubio, although he's just a kid he will help Romney CG. I'm just now so sure Romney will be our guy in the end. I like him, Just not his liberal tendencies. He is sort of an Elitist puppet the GOP (old Guys) can control. I think I rather see Santorum get the nod.
I'm not big on all his social views but I do like his political independence.

Sad that we have to runa compare and contrast on the two main candidates for executive office.

"Romney has just as many flops and Obama." OK, that's fine, but WTF is the difference between them?
So Obama flopped on his promises after entering office. What's to keep Mitt from doing the same thing? And neither one of these two have submitted budgets that address the elephant and the cracked haul titanic in the room.

It's like choosing pin stripes over plain, or hairstyles and tie colors. I'm interested most of all in retaining my rights/liberties and seeing the govt. get its financial house in order. Not playing compare and contrast on embarrassingly flawed integrity of character.

Anyway, I guess Mitt is just not for me.

I don't see the ability to compromise and work with those of different political views to be a character flaw.... in fact, I think it takes more courage than we've seen in any President for over a decade.

Compromise is one thing, completely changing a stance is quite another. Mitt changes his stances for talking points and political support gains. I'm not saying the others are exempt (with very few exceptions), but compromise comes AFTER displaying integrity of character and speaking that clearly.

Mitt, just claims it didn't happen that way while the record shows otherwise.

Most of all, his budget plan is dog shit. It's pine scented and in existence compared to Obama, but it's still dog shit.

You have to forgive me. I am staunch on the fiscal responsibility of government and that is not up for compromise. It's the one thing I will not lighten my stance on.

YAY!

Yesterday, GOP darling Marco Rubio endorsed Mitt Romney for POTUS. Since I have a lot of respect for Rubio, I'm glad he agrees with me that Romney is the guy that the right wing should be backing.

Since Marco is the darling of the TEA Party, is this gonna bring Romney more support from this critical group?

Marco Rubio endorses Mitt Romney for Republican nominee | World news | guardian.co.uk

Republican presidential frontrunner Mitt Romney's bandwagon is gaining speed, with Florida senator Marco Rubio, one of the most sought-after endorsements, announcing on Wednesday night he will back him.

Rubio is one of the rising stars of the party and seen as a future presidential candidate. He is popular with the Tea party and, as a Cuban-American, might win over some of the Latino voters being lost as a result of the party's immigration policy.

He is frequently mentioned at the top of lists speculating on whom Romney might pick as his running mate.

Yes, it will. This is an anybody but obama game. No tea party person would ever vote for obama.

Compromise is one thing, completely changing a stance is quite another. Mitt changes his stances for talking points and political support gains. I'm not saying the others are exempt (with very few exceptions), but compromise comes AFTER displaying integrity of character and speaking that clearly.

Mitt, just claims it didn't happen that way while the record shows otherwise.

Most of all, his budget plan is dog shit. It's pine scented and in existence compared to Obama, but it's still dog shit.

You have to forgive me. I am staunch on the fiscal responsibility of government and that is not up for compromise. It's the one thing I will not lighten my stance on.

Romney is a fiscal conservative.... and, in my opinion, that is how he will look to govern. Better someone who is committed to trying to balance the budget to one who can't even come up with a fucking budget.

I can not disagree there. That you and I are in agreement on. His governorship does give hint to how he might occupy the executive slot. I'll search more about his role there before complete dismissal. I'm just so jaded on picking the lesser of two....it's very discouraging for someone like me who hold good economic policies from govt. as the highest factor...especially in today's atmosphere...

Will Rubio's Endorsement of Romney Bring him the TEA Party Vote?

And again, whom else are mainstream republicans going to endorse?

Many in the TPM are going to vote against Obama regardless who the GOP nominee is – the vast majority of its members joined after Obama became president; with Romney they just won’t be very excited about it, and a few may indeed just stay home.

I really don't understand how people think Romney is the best GOP choice (unless we're going simply by the compare of the other 2 choices). The man is a complete flip flopper and lies about it. That makes his credibility to do the will of the people completely shot. Who knows what he'll do if granted executive privilege. Most of all, he's not even a conservative.

That's not the topic. The topic is quite straight forward.... since the TEA Parties love Rubio... will his endorsement help Romney bring in their votes?

Yes.

But the Tea Party was always going to fall in line anyways.

What will matter are the Independents. Romney has to win those. If he doesn't, he'll lose.

Rubio is highly thought of by conservatives.

I think his endorsment will certainly help Romney.

It sure as hell won't hurt him.

Yea, that is my thinking. Rubio does carry a lot of weight with the TEA Parties... he's not a 'party' man... he's quite an independent thinker.... which is why I respect him. I like what he had to say about Romney... it confirms other feedback I've had about him.

I'd like to see Rubio as VP, but I don't think he'd take the job if offered.
Knowing Marco, I believe he would take the job if the party convinced him that he gave Romney the best chance for a win. He's young enough, has the charisma, looks and following to make him a very viable successor to Romney 8 years from now.
Rubio in the second spot would guarantee Florida and gain a good percentage of the Hispanic vote.
I'm not convinced that Romney is the best candidate, but he's the best in the race, at this point. What bothers me is he's a McCain/Dole candidate; chosen for us by the MSM.

I agree. I'm not a fan. I'd rather see Santorum win the nomination. I don't think he's a globalist like Romney will be.
We need to be concerned about strenthening the Congress and getting a majority in the Senate too. New Blood is very important. The GOP good fella's have to go bye bye. They're sell outs.

Last edited:
YAY!

Yesterday, GOP darling Marco Rubio endorsed Mitt Romney for POTUS. Since I have a lot of respect for Rubio, I'm glad he agrees with me that Romney is the guy that the right wing should be backing.

Since Marco is the darling of the TEA Party, is this gonna bring Romney more support from this critical group?

Only the idiots in the movement.

The TeaTards will vote for Romney just so they don't have to vote for Obama

It is the Ron Paul voters who will defect. They will vote for some oddball third party or Libertarian candidate

YAY!

Marco Rubio endorses Mitt Romney for Republican nominee | World news | guardian.co.uk

Republican presidential frontrunner Mitt Romney's bandwagon is gaining speed, with Florida senator Marco Rubio, one of the most sought-after endorsements, announcing on Wednesday night he will back him.

Rubio is one of the rising stars of the party and seen as a future presidential candidate. He is popular with the Tea party and, as a Cuban-American, might win over some of the Latino voters being lost as a result of the party's immigration policy.

He is frequently mentioned at the top of lists speculating on whom Romney might pick as his running mate.

Yes, it will. This is an anybody but obama game. No tea party person would ever vote for obama.

Wrong, I know several who would rather vote for Obama instead of Romney.

Mostly though, I think only about half the TPM people will bother to vote at all as they see little difference between Romney and Obama.

I really don't understand how people think Romney is the best GOP choice (unless we're going simply by the compare of the other 2 choices). The man is a complete flip flopper and lies about it. That makes his credibility to do the will of the people completely shot. Who knows what he'll do if granted executive privilege. Most of all, he's not even a conservative.

That's not the topic. The topic is quite straight forward.... since the TEA Parties love Rubio... will his endorsement help Romney bring in their votes?

Yes.

But the Tea Party was always going to fall in line anyways.

What will matter are the Independents. Romney has to win those. If he doesn't, he'll lose.

That cannot be further from the Truth.

The GOP problem has been getting cosnervative turnout, as conservatives are 45% of the electorate, and so the GOP only needs about one third of the folks in the middle and the GOP can get that if they wouldnt nominate RINOs to the top of the ticket.

I am looking forward to ROmney landslide loss in this election. Either it will put the final nail in the coffin for the RINO control of the GOP or it will hopefully spawn a third party of TPM and social conservatives that will rock once it gets on all the ballots.

Yes. Rubio's endorsement will help Romney win some "tea party" votes. And yes...I agree that Romney has been treated unfairly by the media. He is actually a very caring and empathetic person who is able to connect with the average working American on a personal level. He's a good family man and should not be vilified just because he has been an extremely successful, self-made businessman.

I'm sure that all the folks who vote for him in November will do so without any reservations whatsoever.

YAY!

Wrong, I know several who would rather vote for Obama instead of Romney.

Mostly though, I think only about half the TPM people will bother to vote at all as they see little difference between Romney and Obama.

I know lots of people who voted for Obama who will vote for Romney. They tend to be educated and well off. Obama did well with that cohort in 08.

The Tea Party is the rightwing of the Republican Party plus conservative Independents who are de facto conservative Republicans.

They'll vote Republican, like they always do.

That's where you're wrong... but you'll never understand that. I can't even remember voting GOP for POTUS (I can't remember voting Dem either though)..... This is the first time that there has been a candidate that I actually like on either side of the fence. YAY.

You're not only a liar, you're a bad liar.

You could say the ame about Barry Boy.

Didn't stop you from voting for his inexperienced ass.

Ah, but the Right used it as a reason people shouldn't vote for Obama. Now you're admitting that was horseshit,

because they'd never use that as a reason not to vote for Rubio?

Rubio's running for President? Wow. Do you have a link for that?

I said they would never...

...in 2016 Rubio will still have no executive experience. We'll see what happens then if he runs for president.

The Tea Party is the rightwing of the Republican Party plus conservative Independents who are de facto conservative Republicans.

They'll vote Republican, like they always do.

That's where you're wrong... but you'll never understand that. I can't even remember voting GOP for POTUS (I can't remember voting Dem either though)..... This is the first time that there has been a candidate that I actually like on either side of the fence. YAY.

I was going to refrain from commenting but I affiliate with the tea party and in the last election I voted for Bob Barr not John McCain. Not too long ago I voted to re-elect the democrat senator from my county over her republican challenger.

NY is just broad brushing again instead of using intellect.

Good, then show me the Tea Party candidates who are not Republican social conservatives, and I'll show you the ones who are,

and we'll see who runs out of names first.

Forum List

Back