Will Republicans just STOP trying to defend "losing arguments"?

The right has to dig to find some dumb woman who says, "Obama is going to pay my gas bill".

But finding these types on the right? It's like 90% of the party.

really?......lets see a video of someone on the right saying Obama is going to pay their gas bill.....

Pre OWS? :eusa_whistle:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI"]Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube[/ame]
pssst... he thinks that's fake!

Wonderful illustrations of the stupidity of the Right.

The right has to dig to find some dumb woman who says, "Obama is going to pay my gas bill".

really?......lets see a video of someone on the right saying Obama is going to pay their gas bill.....

That wasn't the point. Watch the two right wing videos and you may get it yet.

It's the same today. Ask an average Republican if it's OK for someone to pay a measly 13.9% on $20,000,000.00 when they pay 25% on $45,000 and they will say, "No,it's not fair". But those watching Fox won't be confronted with this FACT.

Those people in those right wing videos support politicians and don't even know why. Why do I feel you are one of them?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ojd13kZlCA"]Obama Stash - YouTube[/ame]

Of course THIS is fake too.... Because Rush played it on his show after it came out

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKb78kJhaMw"]Rush Limbaugh: In Line For 'Obama Money' In Detroit - YouTube[/ame]

Hairnet and/or edthecretin meltdown in 3... 2... 1...

Last edited:
You can't have a "serious" debate if you keep defending losing arguments that you have to know are indefensible.

Health care for Americans is NOT bad.

We didn't "win" in Iraq. They hate us. There is no "America Appreciation Day". Their women are now enslaved in Burkas when they weren't before. In other words, the "cure" is much worse than the "disease".

Bush really did say that he didn't think about Bin Laden and he really did close down the CIA unit assigned with finding Bin Laden.

A 13.9% tax rate on someone who made more than $20,000,000.00 is indefensible.

A country totally controlled by the wealthy and corporations is NOT a good thing.

Corporations are NOT people my friend.

Cutting education by a half billion to a billion per state is not defensible.

Science is NOT a faith.

You can stop abortion, but you can't punish the mother by not helping her once she is forced to have the baby. Saying "It's her fault she got pregnant" is not enough.

Scientists are not lazy liars with an agenda.

Acceptable levels of new birth defects to create jobs is not to be defended.

And while we're at it.

The Grand Canyon did NOT come from "Noah's Flood".

Once you get passed these ridiculous talking points, we can begin to have a real discussion.

If these are losing arguments, and I dont agree with many of them, then why would a liberal like you want them to STOP using them?

Doesnt that make your job a little bit easier?

Methinks you protesteth too much, lol.

It's the same today. Ask an average Republican if it's OK for someone to pay a measly 13.9% on $20,000,000.00 when they pay 25% on $45,000 and they will say, "No,it's not fair". But those watching Fox won't be confronted with this FACT.

Those people in those right wing videos support politicians and don't even know why. Why do I feel you are one of them?

That's because most people aren't intelligent enough to know that we have two different rates of taxation on wages and on capital gains. Romney paid a much higher tax rate as he was MAKING the money that he is now investing and making capital gains on. Now you COULD raise taxes on capital gains, Deanie but you're going to pay the price economically when people with capital choose not to invest it here. It's one of those economic "inconveniences" that seem to baffle you progressives so much.

That's because most people aren't intelligent enough to know that we have two different rates of taxation on wages and on capital gains. Romney paid a much higher tax rate as he was MAKING the money that he is now investing and making capital gains on. Now you COULD raise taxes on capital gains, Deanie but you're going to pay the price economically when people with capital choose not to invest it here. It's one of those economic "inconveniences" that seem to baffle you progressives so much.
Especially when the code is written by Progressives.

Just as soon as Liberals stop pushing their Failed Ideas, and Policies.

At least I listed Republican arguments. Glad you couldn't find any that were incorrect. Perhaps you could add to the list? I probably missed some.
No you didn't...You listed a platoon of strawmen.

But that's OK...Nobody is going to mistake you for someone with a single thought in your head anyways.

I'm not convinced that rdean knows the difference between an argument and a strawman.

At least I listed Republican arguments. Glad you couldn't find any that were incorrect. Perhaps you could add to the list? I probably missed some.
No you didn't...You listed a platoon of strawmen.

But that's OK...Nobody is going to mistake you for someone with a single thought in your head anyways.

I'm not convinced that rdean knows the difference between an argument and a strawman.
One burns quicker? Could Hairnet's strawmen be an alternate biofuel?

Wow. Another fucking troll thread started by another repetitive, predictable, pointless little troll. Just what we needed!

You forgot that the earth is only 6 thousand years old and the crazy beliefs of the "dominionists".

A very small minority in both camps, but you go with that.

You're wrong. A huge minority of the right believes that. In fact, it may even be a small majority.

bullshit Dean......they believe Civilization is 6 thousand years old.....i took a Religion class in College that had Christians of all sects Jews and few Muslims and others.....and no one thought the Earth was that old.....but some said that there are those in their sects who believe that since Civilization is that old....so is the Earth,but its a small minority and some very close minded people.....it was also discussed that one thousand years to us equals one day in "Gods" plane of existence....

You can't have a "serious" debate if you keep defending losing arguments that you have to know are indefensible.

Health care for Americans is NOT bad.

We didn't "win" in Iraq. They hate us. There is no "America Appreciation Day". Their women are now enslaved in Burkas when they weren't before. In other words, the "cure" is much worse than the "disease".

Bush really did say that he didn't think about Bin Laden and he really did close down the CIA unit assigned with finding Bin Laden.

A 13.9% tax rate on someone who made more than $20,000,000.00 is indefensible.

A country totally controlled by the wealthy and corporations is NOT a good thing.

Corporations are NOT people my friend.

Cutting education by a half billion to a billion per state is not defensible.

Science is NOT a faith.

You can stop abortion, but you can't punish the mother by not helping her once she is forced to have the baby. Saying "It's her fault she got pregnant" is not enough.

Scientists are not lazy liars with an agenda.

Acceptable levels of new birth defects to create jobs is not to be defended.

And while we're at it.

The Grand Canyon did NOT come from "Noah's Flood".

Once you get passed these ridiculous talking points, we can begin to have a real discussion.

If these are losing arguments, and I dont agree with many of them, then why would a liberal like you want them to STOP using them?

Doesnt that make your job a little bit easier?

Methinks you protesteth too much, lol.

Uhh, I don't know you're making a lot of sense. Or even a little.

You're wrong. A huge minority of the right believes that. In fact, it may even be a small majority.

bullshit Dean......they believe Civilization is 6 thousand years old.....i took a Religion class in College that had Christians of all sects Jews and few Muslims and others.....and no one thought the Earth was that old.....but some said that there are those in their sects who believe that since Civilization is that old....so is the Earth,but its a small minority and some very close minded people.....it was also discussed that one thousand years to us equals one day in "Gods" plane of existence....

7cif29obvuo4qpgmj_idsq.gif

Four in 10 Americans Believe in Strict Creationism

Harry, why do you make these claims when you know I'll go and look them up? You sit in front of the Internet. You could find out yourself. You do this over and over again. If you make a claim "PROVE IT". You can't debate if you can't back up your claims. You've done this again and again. Simply because you "imagine" something to be true doesn't make it true. Have you no shame?

Harry, why do you make these claims when you know I'll go and look them up? You sit in front of the Internet. You could find out yourself. You do this over and over again. If you make a claim "PROVE IT". You can't debate if you can't back up your claims. You've done this again and again. Simply because you "imagine" something to be true doesn't make it true. Have you no shame?

Should we find out how many Republicans think the Grand Canyon was created by "Noah's Flood"?

And you have conclusive irrefutable repeatable experimental proof their belief isn't true?

Especially when one factors in time travel across space...

Especially when one factors in time travel across space...
Since gravity warps spacetime. So when the Bible says that the world was created in 7 days... from who's reference frame are we considering?

If God is omnipotent, could he not just 'hit fast forward' and then gone forward trillions of years from OUR reference frame while he went to get a beer and go to the bathroom till it was ready (theologically speaking of course).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back