Will Republicans force Gov. Snyder to resign following the GOP made national disaster in Michigan?

R

rdean

More than 150 call for Gov. Rick Snyder's arrest for Flint water crisis

Sanders: Michigan Governor Must Resign over Flint Lead-Poisoning Crisis - Bernie Sanders

Flint water crisis: Michigan governor Rick Snyder seeks Obama's help

-9c09b76920d21026.JPG

-e8ab9065976e271e.JPG

-9ed8586a66936fe0.JPG

You've got white people and those the GOP dreads, blacks and Hispanics being poisoned by GOP Governor Rick Snyder. Remember, this isn't a hurricane or a tornado or an earthquake. This happened because the Republicans were following GOP policy. Remember, get rid of those bothersome safety regulations, abolish the EPA and what's the cheapest way to go. Now a hundred thousand people have been drinking lead including thousands of children. Lead poisoning doesn't go away. Those children will be affected for life, some severely. So much for the GOP loving children. We know that stops once born.

All of those arguments will be used against the GOP in the general election. And there are a hundred thousand people to back it up. The GOP will point to four in Benghazi. The Democrats will be pointing to a hundred thousand and their babies, babies the GOP claims to love.

http://mothertobaby.org/fact-sheets/lead-pregnancy/pdf/
What effects could lead have on my baby? High levels of lead during pregnancy can cause miscarriage and stillbirth. Other pregnancy problems such as low birth weight and premature delivery can also occur. The most serious effects of high maternal lead levels are learning and behavior problems in exposed babies. There may be mild effects on learning in babies exposed to small amounts of lead.

Large amounts of lead exposure are much, much worse.

You know the Republicans in their hilarious debates will never bring up Flint in a serious manner. They might even make jokes. But Republicans will be slammed, and slammed hard in the general election. So the GOP better be laughing hard now because they will have a lot of 'splainin' to do in the general election. You can believe it.

And to think, even after knowing the truth, they did nothing. Sending out 20 people to go from house to house and check the water of a hundred thousand people.

And those ignorant toads, the USMB Republicans, will demand the proof they don't get from Fox. Does that insulation from the real world really work out for them? Wonder how many in Flint voted for Snyder?

Correct me if I'm wrong.....but isn't the poisoning being caused by water flowing through LEAD PIPES that are in the Flint homes? Lead pipes that were installed decades ago and never replaced?

Sounds like the problem is decades of poverty which prevented 1960s era plumbing and construction to never be replaced by modern development.

Haven't read much on this though. Saw on Comedy Centrals show Nightly Show with Larry Whilmore....a black host talking mostly about black issues....and his show had a story showing how it's the lead pipes that cause it.

The Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) top Midwest official knew about the Flint, Michigan drinking water crisis of 2015 months before telling the public, according to a Tuesday report by the The Detroit News.

EPA official Susan Hedman did not publicize the EPA’s concern over Flint’s water quality or the water’s dangerous health concerns. The federal agency instead quietly fought with the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality for at least six months about what should be done.

EPA Knew About Michigan Water Contamination For Months Without Telling The Public

Nearly two years ago, the state of Michigan decided to save money by switching Flint’s water supply from Lake Huron to a local river. The state of Michigan, however, applied the wrong standards for governing drinking water, resulting in a system that did not properly control corrosion.

A class-action lawsuit against Michigan’s Department of Environmental Quality alleges that the state wasn’t treating Flint’s water with an anti-corrosive agent, a violation of federal law.

The Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) top Midwest official knew about the Flint, Michigan drinking water crisis of 2015 months before telling the public, according to a Tuesday report by the The Detroit News.

EPA official Susan Hedman did not publicize the EPA’s concern over Flint’s water quality or the water’s dangerous health concerns. The federal agency instead quietly fought with the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality for at least six months about what should be done.

EPA Knew About Michigan Water Contamination For Months Without Telling The Public

Nearly two years ago, the state of Michigan decided to save money by switching Flint’s water supply from Lake Huron to a local river. The state of Michigan, however, applied the wrong standards for governing drinking water, resulting in a system that did not properly control corrosion.

A class-action lawsuit against Michigan’s Department of Environmental Quality alleges that the state wasn’t treating Flint’s water with an anti-corrosive agent, a violation of federal law.

So....the water was corrosive and it absorbed lead from the lead pipes?

Correct me if I'm wrong.....but isn't the poisoning being caused by water flowing through LEAD PIPES that are in the Flint homes? Lead pipes that were installed decades ago and never replaced?

Sounds like the problem is decades of poverty which prevented 1960s era plumbing and construction to never be replaced by modern development.

Haven't read much on this though. Saw on Comedy Centrals show Nightly Show with Larry Whilmore....a black host talking mostly about black issues....and his show had a story showing how it's the lead pipes that cause it.
Oh? So why does this happen AFTER the switch in sources? Same pipes, different source. Hmmmm....science 101.

So....the water was corrosive and it absorbed lead from the lead pipes?
Yes, apparently when an additive is not put in the lead leaches into the water. Here's a Michigan source on the water.
Daily life revolves around lead fears in Flint

Duh! The water was tested and safe. It's only when they changed the water supply to a more corrosive water they started having problems. Worse, in one of the links, it seems they had chemicals that would stop the lead pipes from degrading but Snyder turned down using the chemicals because he felt it was too expensive.

Did you bother to read any of the links or do a Google search on your own before you decided to protect him? I find Republicans do that a lot. It's called "circle the wagons". Besides, it's only a hundred thousand or so.

From your link, the EPA said their hands were tied by the state (their words). Who knows what the law is there. Republicans feel the states should trump federal law every time. Now we know why.

From your link, the EPA said their hands were tied by the state (their words). Who knows what the law is there. Republicans feel the states should trump federal law every time. Now we know why.
I know what the link says. I read it. The people of Flint got a crappy deal.

Sounds like someone at Obungle's EPA head should roll also.

The EPA knew about Flint’s toxic water for months and didn’t tell anyone
You idiot. What the fuck is wrong with you? Did you bother to look at the front page of your link?

Hot Air

It's a GOP partisan web site. And read your link. It's all over the place and contradictory.

Example:
The federal agency instead quietly fought with the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality for at least six months about what should be done.

So the EPA fought with a Michigan State department that works directly for Rick Snyder and he had no idea what was going on and you believe that???? Really???? Who do you think Snyder is? Chris Crispie?

Why do you guys trust state government but not federal government? Especially when it so easy to prove they lie?

That's the problem with you guys. You don't read your links. Only look at the title.

You idiot. What the fuck is wrong with you? Did you bother to look at the front page of your link?

Hot Air

It's a GOP partisan web site. And read your link. It's all over the place and contradictory.

Example:
The federal agency instead quietly fought with the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality for at least six months about what should be done.

So the EPA fought with a Michigan State department that works directly for Rick Snyder and he had no idea what was going on and you believe that???? Really???? Who do you think Snyder is? Chris Crispie?

Why do you guys trust state government but not federal government? Especially when it so easy to prove they lie?

That's the problem with you guys. You don't read your links. Only look at the title.

Shut up, derp

I agree. I was just pointing out that info from your link. I do read them.

Hot Air

Example:

Shut up, derp
Fuck off lemming.

Derp whines about links....while using left site links :cuckoo:

Hot Air

Example:

Shut up, derp
Fuck off lemming.

Awww The Derp is trying to be all manly, you're a limp wrist leftist, Derp.

Yea, like Time, ABC, CBS, USA Today and, get this, The Christian Science Monitor.

Moron.

Yea, like Time, ABC, CBS, USA Today and, get this, The Christian Science Monitor.

Moron.

Like I said, leftist sites. Sit down ya old fraud

Forum List

Back