Will president Trump's jackbooted thugs go door to door searching for illegals?

There is only ONE thing that is going to help us in this situation, and that is to make the penalties MORE expensive to hire illegals (if caught) than it would be profitable to the business. Then, there will still be those who don't get caught, or at least for a while.
I agree, but you have to prove the employer hired them knowingly. In most cases the large companies that were done under by Bush it was the HR department that hired those of their ethnicity illegally, and it was those in the HR department charged, to which the company itself wasn't liable.

That shouldn't matter. The company is responsible for the actions of it's employees on the job.

There is only ONE thing that is going to help us in this situation, and that is to make the penalties MORE expensive to hire illegals (if caught) than it would be profitable to the business. Then, there will still be those who don't get caught, or at least for a while.
I agree, but you have to prove the employer hired them knowingly. In most cases the large companies that were done under by Bush it was the HR department that hired those of their ethnicity illegally, and it was those in the HR department charged, to which the company itself wasn't liable.

That shouldn't matter. The company is responsible for the actions of it's employees on the job.
No most companies, i.e. corporations, are not responsible for the actions of its employees on the job. I'm beginning to think you have no experience in business let alone economics or immigration matters.

No most companies, i.e. corporations, are not responsible for the actions of its employees on the job. I'm beginning to think you have no experience in business let alone economics or immigration matters.

Lol. YES they are. You cannot be serious! :lol:

So . . . you think if the personnel department hires illegals, then the company can just say, well it's not OUR fault???

So . . . you think if the personnel department hires illegals, then the company can just say, well it's not OUR fault???
Do I think that? NO, it's the laws on the books. A small owner operator type company can hire a temp agency that sends out its persons to work, they could be illegals for all the owner knows, yet he is not responsible for hiring them since he hired an employment agency whom he pays, guess what, the owner isn't liable for the agencies employees. So now you have to go after the agency, and if the illegals presented documents that conformed to the I-9 requirements how are you going to hold the agency responsible for hiring illegals knowingly?

Do I think that? NO, it's the laws on the books. A small owner operator type company can hire a temp agency that sends out its persons to work, they could be illegals for all the owner knows, yet he is not responsible for hiring them since he hired an employment agency whom he pays, guess what, the owner is liable for the agencies employees. So now you have to go after the agency, and if the illegals presented documents that conformed to the I-9 requirements how are you going to hold the agency responsible for hiring illegals knowingly?

They are STILL responsible. Yes they are. Lol. It is the company's responsibility to make sure that everything is on the up and up. If not, they risk getting sued, same goes for any legalities.

NO, Corporations are not responsible for the actions of their employees. IFCO senior managers plead guilty to unlawful employment of illegal aliens
Tyson Foods Acquitted Of Illegal Hiring

NO, Corporations are not responsible for the actions of their employees. IFCO senior managers plead guilty to unlawful employment of illegal aliens

IF the personnel goes AGAINST a company policy, then perhaps, but that is very "iffy" ground and an entirely different situation. The company is still responsible for safeguarding.

Temp agency would ALSO get in trouble, but so would the hiring company.
Nope, neither would unless they knowingly hire illegals. If the illegal presents the required I-9 documentation, then the company is off the hook, unless the company fails to send in the I-9 documentation within 30 days, which could take up to 9 months to receive back from the IRS to determine the eligibility of the worker. E-verify makes it immediate during the hiring process and if the documents come back as fraudulent or stolen then the person should be denied the job.

IF the personnel goes AGAINST a company policy, then perhaps, but that is very "iffy" ground and an entirely different situation. The company is still responsible for safeguarding.
Safeguarding is different all together, the employer, corporation or whatever is responsible if the employee were to be in an accident or cause damage, etc. If the HR department goes outside the guidelines then how can you hold the company itself responsible?

Nope, neither would unless they knowingly hire illegals. If the illegal presents the required I-9 documentation, then the company is off the hook, unless the company fails to send in the I-9 documentation within 30 days, which could take up to 9 months to receive back from the IRS to determine the eligibility of the worker. E-verify makes it immediate during the hiring process and if the documents come back as fraudulent or stolen then the person should be denied the job.

You are completely missing the point. We were talking about employers who knowingly hire illegals under the table to boost their profit margin, weren't we? E Verify is going to do nothing in that situation, right? Those employees are NOT on the books. Construction and landscape companies are infamous for this.

Now you are changing your prior claim and recognizing that what has been shown and stated is in fact, fact.. Good.

Safeguarding is different all together, the employer, corporation or whatever is responsible if the employee were to be in an accident or cause damage, etc. If the HR department goes outside the guidelines then how can you hold the company itself responsible?

This is like saying that if your company does drug testing, and you do drugs and kill somebody while on the job, the company is not going to be sued. That is incorrect. Those CEOs of Tyson were LUCKY or they knew someone with clout, which wouldn't be surprising with a HUGE company like Tyson.

Now you are changing your prior claim and recognizing that what has been shown and stated is in fact, fact.. Good.

Nope, go back and read my posts about how employers knowingly hire illegals under the table. What good is E verify then? Did you forget already?

You are completely missing the point. We were talking about employers who knowingly hire illegals under the table to boost their profit margin, weren't we? E Verify is going to do nothing in that situation, right? Those employees are NOT on the books. Construction and landscape companies are infamous for this.
They were brought up, and yes the Construction Industry and Green Industry are infamous for hiring off the books, which is why I stated IRS needed to audit more companies, previously.

They were brought up, and yes the Construction Industry and Green Industry are infamous for hiring off the books, which is why I stated IRS needed to audit more companies, previously.

They need to make it so that it is not worth it for the company to hire illegals. Currently, obviously, the penalties against employers for doing so are not harsh enough.

Because employees are representatives of the company. The company is responsible for making sure these things are NOT going on. If you have employees working for you that do not speak or understand English???? You know damn well the chances are good that they are illegal. Pleading "ignorance" is only going to get you so far unless you are a well connected company, which Tyson probably is.

Forum List

Back